Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Swansea (h) Pre-Match Thread

To tired of reading what Okazaki has done for his club and about his pressing abilities

yes we all know he is great guy,works like a horse and chase every ball

but come on,he is a striker!

that means he should score

or assist

or at least create chances

none!

If Vardy is not in shape or its not his day there is no use of Okazaki because he cant score,cant shot,cant do anything a good striker should and must do

enough already with phrasing his work rate,i respect every player who runs a lot but its not fcking enough

yeah maybe he will score against Swansea(doubt it),but he is bellow average 

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Probably won't be a popular post, and I know it's very early, but I'm really surprised the  club haven't moved Heaven and earth to try to make a couple of real quality additions?

I looked at the side we put out yesterday and didn't think it seemed clearly any better than last season. I know we drew, but I think that's cos Arsenal have gone a step backwards actually.

We can discuss who might start against Swansea but there are no real stand outs. As in players who were going to come in and instantly command a first team spot. 

Having lost Kante, I'm surprised at this given the Champs League too.

We'll see I guess.

I think we still are trying to get players in but it's not as easy as you think ..  We need to be patient.  I also think Musa and Mendy are good additions and will both get better.  Our pre season was an almighty PR job and in effect we are doing our pre season work now.  The hole Kante has left is huge but we must forget that and move forward ...   Comparing this season to last is pointless. By next week we should be getting up to speed and I think CR will keep changes to a minimum as the team gels back together. 

15 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

To tired of reading what Okazaki has done for his club and about his pressing abilities

or assist

none!

If Vardy is not in shape or its not his day there is no use of Okazaki because he cant score,cant shot,cant do anything a good striker should and must do

enough already with phrasing his work rate,i respect every player who runs a lot but its not fcking enough

None so blind as those who can't see.

39 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

or assist

none!

i've long accepted that okazaki is always going to fall over rather than be a prolific scorer.

hopefully his excellent work rate creates enough chances for other people.

6 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

or assist

none!

He's played as a number 10 though, not as a striker. He drops deep to help our midfield, and is there to help link Vardy to the midfield.

He's not necessarily there to "score goals", he's there to help the team win the game. If his presence helps us win games, then I don't care if he doesn't score all season. We were noticeably much better when he came on vs. Hull, and I think he was one of the reasons we were much better vs. Arsenal too.

Also, he scored some great goals last season.

2 hours ago, Charl91 said:

He's played as a number 10 though, not as a striker. He drops deep to help our midfield, and is there to help link Vardy to the midfield.

He's not necessarily there to "score goals", he's there to help the team win the game. If his presence helps us win games, then I don't care if he doesn't score all season. We were noticeably much better when he came on vs. Hull, and I think he was one of the reasons we were much better vs. Arsenal too.

Okazaki has been superb since he came on against Barcelona, been very good at dribbling and is staying on his feet (dont think he went to ground many times if at all against Arsenal).

I was critical of him last year as I felt he wasn't offering enough and fell over too much but as long as he keeps getting the ball up the pitch and link up play I dont mind if he only scores 5 goals this year, we have Vardy and Mahrez to score the goals.

Think he could be a good makeshift cm though if needed.

11 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

You still need some goals from your number ten though. Ulloa looked far better than Okazaki yesterday and he did link up the play and bought Vardy into the game a lot more.  I'm disappointed we hadn't bought a proper number ten as Okazaki is pretty limited .

1 hour ago, Charl91 said:

funny you only mention scoring goals,like he is doing everything else i wrote - assisting and creating chances

number 10 should do a lot things and not just running around

the thing that all he do is make space for others to play,run run run

What if Vardy does not score 24 goals in this season like last one?

What if Mahrez is not that good and is just half that good?

in this case there is no need for Okazaki because he alone is lost

in last 2 games Vardy and Mahrez struggled 

and there you go - 1 point,1 goal from peno

Leicester had better game against Arsenal because of good team work and solid defence

Attack was shit

Swansea are no Arsenal so I would be inclined to approach this one with a more attacking mind set:

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Mahrez Amartey Drinkwater Musa

Okazaki

Vardy

Musa has to start for me, he made things happen during his 5 minute cameo at the weekend.

8 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

or assist

none!

I think he does quite well setting up chances and while he only scored 5 goals last season I seem to remember a different Leicester striker only scoring 5 goals in his premier debute season and managing quite a few more the next season ....

Maybe his goal scoring tally will

improve if he's given a follow up season too.

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Chilwell (Only because he is young and needs experience, imo Fuchs plays top 10 teams and Chilwell plays bottom 10)

Mahrez

Amartey/King (Would like to see Amartey think he can play the Kante role better then any of our other cm, dont see why we bought him if we aren't going to play him. Can see Ranieri going with King though)

Drinkwater

Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

4 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

funny you only mention scoring goals,like he is doing everything else i wrote - assisting and creating chances

number 10 should do a lot things and not just running around

the thing that all he do is make space for others to play,run run run

What if Vardy does not score 24 goals in this season like last one?

What if Mahrez is not that good and is just half that good?

in this case there is no need for Okazaki because he alone is lost

in last 2 games Vardy and Mahrez struggled 

and there you go - 1 point,1 goal from peno

Leicester had better game against Arsenal because of good team work and solid defence

Attack was shit

WHAT IF we never signed him and didn't win the league last season?

WHAT IF Pearson never got fired?

WHAT IF you're just a shite Graeme Souness

Archived