Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. LIVERPOOL, away.... Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Steve Ayling said:

Kasper

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Amartey  Drinkwater Mahrez 

Vardy Slimani Musa

I have gone for a 433 as

Amartey can play right back and we seen him play well in middle so why not middle to right

Mahrez can play either side or in middle so play him middle left

3 up front and we seen musa play on left and also Vardy likes ot come back every now and then to get the ball. I think those two have a good part to play coming back and making the midfield a bit fuller to win the ball and then fast run on the break could be the way to win this game.

Attack Attack Attack

When have we played well with 4 3 3? I can't think of even one time last season. I'm obviously up for it if the boys can get it to work.

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

just going off of comments made around the Arsenal game, I have a feeling if Schlupp is fit, he'll start

Schlupp certainly offers more pace on the left along with his defensive covering. But I cannot see him playing in this game if he's been away on international duty. Why take the chance on a lack lustre performance when Albrighton hasn't done anything wrong. He'll get his chance to play soon.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

When have we played well with 4 3 3? I can't think of even one time last season. I'm obviously up for it if the boys can get it to work.

Tend to agree.  We just don't have a midfield up to snuff yet.  Perhaps this will be possible when Mendy and Amartey have more time and experience in the league.

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Schlupp certainly offers more pace on the left along with his defensive covering. But I cannot see him playing in this game if he's been away on international duty. Why take the chance on a lack lustre performance when Albrighton hasn't done anything wrong. He'll get his chance to play soon.

Where have you been mate? Schlupp is injured.

6 hours ago, Steve Ayling said:

Kasper

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Amartey  Drinkwater Mahrez 

Vardy Slimani Musa

I have gone for a 433 as

Amartey can play right back and we seen him play well in middle so why not middle to right

Mahrez can play either side or in middle so play him middle left

3 up front and we seen musa play on left and also Vardy likes ot come back every now and then to get the ball. I think those two have a good part to play coming back and making the midfield a bit fuller to win the ball and then fast run on the break could be the way to win this game.

Attack Attack Attack

Attack Attack Attack? This team would never get the ball up there to attrack.

we would get battered and outnumbered in the middle of the park? 3 in midfield away at Liverpool Are you mad?

3 hours ago, AlgerianFox said:

...................Kasper

Albrighton. ..Morgan. ..Hut...Fuch

Mahrez...Drinkwater..Amartey..Kapustka 

...............Slimani

..............................Vardy

This team can win the Champion's league and finish at least 4th on the league

i like ur team, albrighton would give us more in attack than simpson, not sure about the young pole, but would like to see what he has.

i like ur team, albrighton would give us more in attack than simpson, not sure about the young pole, but would like to see what he has.

Albrighton in defence!? Seriously Simpson has proven himself more than enough to keep his starting place. Why change something that isnt broken..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albrighton in defence!? Seriously Simpson has proven himself more than enough to keep his starting place. Why change something that isnt broken.. championship winning back four.

3 hours ago, bpfox said:

Square pegs in round holes the fist ten games of last season should be enough for anyone to see how lucky we were. The when we had two proper full backs how different the team was.

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

Albrighton in defence!? Seriously Simpson has proven himself more than enough to keep his starting place. Why change something that isnt broken..

i actually think that has to be a natural transition for Albrington, he is probably the best wing back in the league as it stands now minus Luke Shaw. As we evolve as a club i think we have to look to play him there. If not during this season, then the next. 

23 minutes ago, Mezeker said:

i actually think that has to be a natural transition for Albrington, he is probably the best wing back in the league as it stands now minus Luke Shaw. As we evolve as a club i think we have to look to play him there. If not during this season, then the next. 

You are saying Albrighton is the leagues best wing back? he who has not played in that role since joining Leicester. You must have your head turned upside down to believe that. Albrighton has been bred into an attacking winger to feed our target men with direct crosses into the box. He is by far our best asset with crossing, What good he be as a wingback? I might start reading lcfc facebook comments since they make more sense than this atm.

5 minutes ago, Simoken said:

You are saying Albrighton is the leagues best wing back? he who has not played in that role since joining Leicester. You must have your head turned upside down to believe that. Albrighton has been bred into an attacking winger to feed our target men with direct crosses into the box. He is by far our best asset with crossing, What good he be as a wingback? I might start reading lcfc facebook comments since they make more sense than this atm.

oh dear 

On 8/28/2016 at 00:29, HighPeakFox said:

my memory of that game is that up until the point Vardy scored, as well as at Anfield, they'd been pretty effective at dealing with us, so I'd take a point.

My memory too. One of the few sides last season that could cope with us. 

Liverpool are a team that frighten me. They are capable of pulling us apart... but they're equally capable of not turning up. We all need to be on our games, and Vardy and Mahrez will need to up theirs, if we are to win... or an x factor Musa, or maybe even Slimani (though I'm not expecting to see him get much of a run, if at all).

On balance, I'd be chuffed with a draw.

40 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Eh? He played wingback during our great escape, how can you have forgotten? He's definitely not an attacking winger, defensive if anything. 

1 hour ago, jaqo88 said:

Eh? He played wingback during our great escape, how can you have forgotten? He's definitely not an attacking winger, defensive if anything. 

I don't know.. people forget sometimes? (embarrassing) The point is Albrightons greatest asset is largely ineffective at wing back. His attributes are made for attack. Now that we have Slimani the ball magnet.. we need his accurate crossing more than anything. With regards to Simpson he has proven himself many times to keep his spot. You cant judge a league winning defender.

If you want him in wing back that means reverting to 352 which would be stupid after what we've accomplished with 442. Or it would mean playing highly attacking fullbacks which just doesn't suit us. Playing in the wingback role is very different to playing actual fullback, see Antonio at West Ham, or even Schlupp here. 

I'm thinking that, as a 'reward' for winning the league, Claudio will want to play last years side (Amartey for Kante) in the first Champions League game next week. That would give an option of giving game time to Slimani, Musa and Mendy (if fit) and possibly Kaputska. I'm sure all of them would appreciate playing at one of the world's iconic stadia  and they all need to be made to feel 'part of the brotherhood'. Goals from Musa Slim and Mahrez in an historic City victory!!

Archived