Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. LIVERPOOL, away.... Thoughts?

I was talking to the gooner who works in the bookies, this is the same lad who wrote "pigs might fly" on that blokes title winning bet. I laughed at the champions being 9-2 to win at anfield. He then went on to tell me that last year was a fluke and that the big teams floundered and we would have no chance this year. Basically, he regurgitated all the bile most pundits and journos have spewed over the last few weeks. 

Saying that sh1t to me after a two hour stint in rush hour traffic somewhat riled me. 

The gauntlet had been thrown down before me.

By a frigging gooner. 

A bookies gooner, at that.

I politely told him that all the big four as in Chelsea, Man city, United and arsenal were all stable and expected to challenge at the BEGINNING of the season.

Jose was once again champion and was expected to retain it as favourites.

LVG was in his 2nd season after spending a quarter of billion pounds on "improving" United. 

Wenger was in his 100th year as gooner gimp and still strugglin with that fooking zip. (#velcroforarses).

Pellegrini was coming into his fourth year as city boss after already lifting the title in his second.

Only spurs and Liverpool can claim to of been in any sort of transitional period and they weren't expected to challenge anyway.

The point is, out of all the team's above, only spurs, Liverpool and arsenal are a known quantity.

City and United have looked decent at times as have Chelsea but they haven't played anyone decent yet!!! (Sound familiar? )

They haven't played the champions yet.

They haven't had a wobble yet.

All 3 managers honeymoon periods are nearly over.

The same teams expected to do well last year are expected to even better this year because all their managers have changed? Not buying it.

Give me a happy settled title winning team that fights till the end over any of them.

Soooooo....

City to do United I'm on that and a Leicester win and draw for derby v Newcastle =50-1. 

So in short, Leicester to win 2-1 

We are champions of England, goddammit.

I really should care less about other peoples opinions on MY team lol

33 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Mane down there right hand side taking on Fuchs is going to be our main threat.

He's always a threat of course, but we dealt well with him in the second game last season. Also he's been playing as a roaming striker with Firmino so he may well be delt with more by the CB's

I do wonder after the international travelling and such like and the CL game on weds if we might see a bit of a change..... maybe incorporating Schlupp or Kaputska, taking Vardy off at half time for Musa and Zieler in nets after Kasper's little op.

If we are winning I wouldn't be surprised if Chilwell was introduced for the last 15 either as a bit of an FU!

3 hours ago, lyesdays said:

Hope Slimani hasn't been affected by not scoring for Algeria while the team scored 6... If I were the coach I would for sure let him use that penalty kick. But knowing the guy he's got some mental

I'm sure he'll cope, you know he scored 31 goals last season right lol

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

I do wonder after the international travelling and such like and the CL game on weds if we might see a bit of a change..... maybe incorporating Schlupp or Kaputska, taking Vardy off at half time for Musa and Zieler in nets after Kasper's little op.

If we are winning I wouldn't be surprised if Chilwell was introduced for the last 15 either as a bit of an FU!

Depends on how the players feel really ie jet lag because a few of them haven't even played. Not sure about Wes and Musa but Okazaki and Amartey didn't even play. Obviously Mahrez will be fatigued and may not perform up to usual standards, but Slimani is unlikely to start for us at Anfield anyway I would've thought. 

Cant see us bringing Chilwell on either unless we're 8-0 up or Fuchs gets injured

28 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Depends on how the players feel really ie jet lag because a few of them haven't even played. Not sure about Wes and Musa but Okazaki and Amartey didn't even play. Obviously Mahrez will be fatigued and may not perform up to usual standards, but Slimani is unlikely to start for us at Anfield anyway I would've thought. 

Cant see us bringing Chilwell on either unless we're 8-0 up or Fuchs gets injured

Mahrez usually takes a few games to get back into his stride after internationals

start with lots of pace against them then second half with slimani on have albrighton and mahrez rein crosses after crosses into their box, we can bring on more pace from the bench as well we just need to keep our defense tight and don't be sloppy. there goalkeeper will be sh*tting himself against us and we need to take advantage of that

Archived