Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. LIVERPOOL, away.... Thoughts?

4 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Do some people not think before they post? Why the fvck am I seeing Albrighton at right back, Mahrez in centre mid and formations of 424 and 433 when we have literally never played that waylol

We've got the players to play 4-3-3

4 hours ago, Simoken said:

I don't know.. people forget sometimes? (embarrassing) The point is Albrightons greatest asset is largely ineffective at wing back. His attributes are made for attack. Now that we have Slimani the ball magnet.. we need his accurate crossing more than anything. With regards to Simpson he has proven himself many times to keep his spot. You cant judge a league winning defender.

not really we still ask Simpson to get forward, and it's often in acres of space with the way Riyad plays, but he can't cross a street let alone a ball, Albrighton, if he worked on defensive side in training COULD become a very effective attacking full back, everything some people thought De Laet would be, its an option I think we should look at given the lack of natural cover for right back every other option from Simpson would be a convert from another position

With the wingers we have at our disposal, why are we even taking about wing backs? In fact, we need our fullbacks to be defensively minded and our wingers to track back.

Fuchs and Simpson, Chilwell even, get forward enough for us. Let's not look for issues where we don't have them.

41 minutes ago, RastaDog said:

With the wingers we have at our disposal, why are we even taking about wing backs? In fact, we need our fullbacks to be defensively minded and our wingers to track back.

Fuchs and Simpson, Chilwell even, get forward enough for us. Let's not look for issues where we don't have them.

its not looking for issues its just discussing options

17 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Mane is fit and will probably score unless we give our back 4 new legs.

This is Sadio Mane who has not scored against Leicester in 4 games? He isn't Messi or Suarez he is Mane a decent player who will probably score now I've said this, but we can't shuffle our defensive line every time we come up against a decent player.

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

This is Sadio Mane who has not scored against Leicester in 4 games? He isn't Messi or Suarez he is Mane a decent player who will probably score now I've said this, but we can't shuffle our defensive line every time we come up against a decent player.

Would be nice if we could without conceding a bucket load though.

Not really seen anything we should worry about with Liverpool the only thing we have to worry about really is what perfect eleven to put up against them,I can see Claudio using Slimani as a sub in this one stick with the Same squad as the Swansea game.

Really looking forward in seeing if we can get them on the pitch at the same time what Vardy Slimani and Musa can do together it just whets the appetite especially with the eye for goal and Airial prowess Slimani can provide and the speed demons of Vardy and Musa, But when Slimani does get his chance I can see him taking our little Japanese Dynamos place which is a real shame as I really like Okazaki !

I know one thing tho I'm certainly glad I've not got that headache to choose which players are to start and be on the bench, really superb times at Leicester City at the moment with the quality of players who we have at our disposal to represent us when called upon.

Things really are looking great for our Champion winning club superb owners with passion and love for our club and a nice cheque book :thumbup: but also a great management team and back room staff who keep our lads fit and healthy a team which can achieve anything and a fan base which is second to none !! 

Greatbthings ahead for our team and I for one are looking forward to a superb season !!

Onwards and Upwards and in Leicester City we trust and love !!:chant::scarf:

love the way some people on here argue team selection like the poster actually has a say on game day. fun pickings....some are downright laughable and others are more thought out imo, but to say 'why are we even talking about.....' Well why not....we all have ideas on what's best.

I can see there being loads of goals, but I actually hope there aren't- go back to keeping it tight against the big teams and hitting them on the break. I'd be delighted with a textbook 28% possession 0-1, and all the scousers telling us we were lucky and they dominated, despite carving out no real chances.

51 minutes ago, biggs said:

but to say 'why are we even talking about.....' Well why not....we all have ideas on what's best.

Is not 'why are we even talking about' itself an opinion on what's best that can equally be offered? All a matter of perspective.

To my mind, we have a squad with a number of talented wingers. Indeed, has a bias towards them. Our style of play requires them. CR's most significant change last season, in the search of clean sheets, was to replace wingbacks/attacking fullbacks for more defensively minded ones. It was successful, and we continued to play that way. Consequently, I don't think we have the players in the squad to change back to having wingbacks. Discuss the idea by all means but appreciate that it'd require changing the way we play and probably the squad, plus leaving talented players out. My point is simply that, as an idea, it makes little sense. :)

Archived