Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. LIVERPOOL, away.... Thoughts?

I was talking to the gooner who works in the bookies, this is the same lad who wrote "pigs might fly" on that blokes title winning bet. I laughed at the champions being 9-2 to win at anfield. He then went on to tell me that last year was a fluke and that the big teams floundered and we would have no chance this year. Basically, he regurgitated all the bile most pundits and journos have spewed over the last few weeks. 

Saying that sh1t to me after a two hour stint in rush hour traffic somewhat riled me. 

The gauntlet had been thrown down before me.

By a frigging gooner. 

A bookies gooner, at that.

I politely told him that all the big four as in Chelsea, Man city, United and arsenal were all stable and expected to challenge at the BEGINNING of the season.

Jose was once again champion and was expected to retain it as favourites.

LVG was in his 2nd season after spending a quarter of billion pounds on "improving" United. 

Wenger was in his 100th year as gooner gimp and still strugglin with that fooking zip. (#velcroforarses).

Pellegrini was coming into his fourth year as city boss after already lifting the title in his second.

Only spurs and Liverpool can claim to of been in any sort of transitional period and they weren't expected to challenge anyway.

The point is, out of all the team's above, only spurs, Liverpool and arsenal are a known quantity.

City and United have looked decent at times as have Chelsea but they haven't played anyone decent yet!!! (Sound familiar? )

They haven't played the champions yet.

They haven't had a wobble yet.

All 3 managers honeymoon periods are nearly over.

The same teams expected to do well last year are expected to even better this year because all their managers have changed? Not buying it.

Give me a happy settled title winning team that fights till the end over any of them.

Soooooo....

City to do United I'm on that and a Leicester win and draw for derby v Newcastle =50-1. 

So in short, Leicester to win 2-1 

We are champions of England, goddammit.

I really should care less about other peoples opinions on MY team lol

What a post! Yes!!

The starting 11 picks itself.  Claudio isn't going to reinvent the wheel after Swansea following the Hull experiment so I imagine Slimani off the bench at 60 unless something needs shaking up before hand.  We have had a 'blip' that hasn't been documented that will work in our favour. Celtic, PSG, Barca, Man U, Hull, Arsenal - no victory in 90 mins in 6 and I reckon that has shaken them up enough to now hit our stride.  It should have been 4 or 5 vs Swansea and with us learning from that, the (unrecognised) bad run, Vardy & Drinky with something to prove I think we will surprise people how much we are on course to defend our title so early in the season.

I don't think we will see many changes in the next few games, unless enforced, but as the number of games builds up in the next couple of months I expect to see quite a bit of tinkering.

Pretty much as we were against Swansea. Anyone know how Kasper and Mendy are ?

7 hours ago, Harry96 said:

Probably be an unchanged team. With schupp and mendy out bench will probably: be zieler Hernandez king kapustka/gray musa ulloa slimani. 

Cant imagine Ulloa getting on the bench with Slimmy there too. I'd rather we put Chilwell or Kapustka alongside Gray on the bench.

Our record at Anfield is good and for those of a certain age we will remember breaking their long unbeaten home record in the early 80's.

We never turned up last year on Boxing Day and if we are at our best from the first whistle I think we could spoil another party!

Hopefully the boys are bang up for this as it would send a massive statement that we may be around a bit longer than all so called experts are predicting - need to counter attack and take our chances as they will create chances too!!

Same team as last game for me with hopefully Mendy and Slimani on the bench meaning that Chilly and Ulloa make way probably.

Guest CityFan 06
17 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

How long until Schlupp is back? He's vital as an impact sub in my view. 

Agree here. Any ideas anyone? 

1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

Our record at Anfield is good and for those of a certain age we will remember breaking their long unbeaten home record in the early 80's.

We never turned up last year on Boxing Day and if we are at our best from the first whistle I think we could spoil another party!

Hopefully the boys are bang up for this as it would send a massive statement that we may be around a bit longer than all so called experts are predicting - need to counter attack and take our chances as they will create chances too!!

Same team as last game for me with hopefully Mendy and Slimani on the bench meaning that Chilly and Ulloa make way probably.

Mendy not mended yet! 

21 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

The starting 11 picks itself.  Claudio isn't going to reinvent the wheel after Swansea following the Hull experiment so I imagine Slimani off the bench at 60 unless something needs shaking up before hand.  We have had a 'blip' that hasn't been documented that will work in our favour. Celtic, PSG, Barca, Man U, Hull, Arsenal - no victory in 90 mins in 6 and I reckon that has shaken them up enough to now hit our stride.  It should have been 4 or 5 vs Swansea and with us learning from that, the (unrecognised) bad run, Vardy & Drinky with something to prove I think we will surprise people how much we are on course to defend our title so early in the season.

Apart from Hull they were friendlies the results did not matter. So where is our blip? Oh.... We lost one game Drew with Arsenal and win the other. WOW some blip

image.png

My point is we weren't winning games over 90 mins and were in the luxurious position whereby we could learn from our defeats and what did and didn't work with no real ramifications on our league chances.  Teams often go through run of games when they are out of form and find their form again through these learnings.  I believe we have already taken these on board without anyone really noticing and are in a good position to kick on.  I don't think there is any need for that tone in your response, I was just making an observation, we are all on the same side and want the same thing.

5 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

My point is we weren't winning games over 90 mins and were in the luxurious position whereby we could learn from our defeats and what did and didn't work with no real ramifications on our league chances.  Teams often go through run of games when they are out of form and find their form again through these learnings.  I believe we have already taken these on board without anyone really noticing and are in a good position to kick on.  I don't think there is any need for that tone in your response, I was just making an observation, we are all on the same side and want the same thing.

How can you say loosing friendly games to PSG....Barca....And Man Utd 3 of the best teams in the world 

Drawing with Arsenal(better than both results against them last season)...Beating Celtic on Pens and beating Swansea is a team out of form.

Again please refer to the picture you sight is obviously distorted 

image.png

Archived