Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

While we play with 4 in midfield we cannot start both Magrez and Gray, they simply do not offer anything defensively and leave us wide open.

If we played 3 CM who could pick up the extra slack I Would say start Gray, but for now Albrighton offers so much tracking back.

He's getting better, also developed his core strength over the summer, no longer being brushed off the ball. If we play 433/451 at the Bridge, certain start, as there will be enough defensive cover with 3 CM. I'm one of Albrightons fans, but his end product has gone missing recently (as some have mentioned on here, he's becoming predictable and defenders have clocked his non existent left foot).

• Like 1

We've gotten this guy for a song, really.

At his age he's gotten a wealth of experience, 100+ championship appearances (unless I've gotten that wrong) and a Premier League winners medal...history suggests the trajectory is only up for him.

I'd love to see him start.

He needs a run of games in the team. I understand Albrighton is tactically more experienced especially defensively when playing away to a top team but if we play 433 there's enough bodies in midfield to compensate for Gray. 

I hope he starts v Chelsea. 

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

He needs a run of games in the team. I understand Albrighton is tactically more experienced especially defensively when playing away to a top team but if we play 433 there's enough bodies in midfield to compensate for Gray. 

I hope he starts v Chelsea. 

Albrighton's defensive work maybe little overrated 

one tackle per game da 0.5 interception

Runs a lot,but without purpose

In that 10-15 minutes Gray have played he always came back to help defense,so i think Albrighton being off wouldnt be such a disaster for defense

and it definitely would be great for teams attacking options

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Master Fox said:

Gray needs to be starting up front with Slimani. 

Vardy has been woeful this season and doesn't deserve to start. You can see how much Gray wants to be playing, the hunger is evident. 

Good shout..I'd give Gray a run up top with Islam.  Just took him in behind and let him have a bit of freedom to do his sh*t.

Edited by pazzerfox

3 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

Albrighton's defensive work maybe little overrated 

one tackle per game da 0.5 interception

Runs a lot,but without purpose

In that 10-15 minutes Gray have played he always came back to help defense,so i think Albrighton being off wouldnt be such a disaster for defense

and it definitely would be great for teams attacking options

There's barely any tackles in the top flight simply because players are too good on the ball. He tracks his man 24/7, it's as simple as that. How often do you see the right back getting in behind us? (Bare in mind fullbacks are one of the most effective modern day attacking weapon.) He fills spaces, his defensive work is tremendous.

His attacking play this year on the other hand has been ****ing shitelol

Edited by TJB-fox

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

We have 5 Strikers costing £60m+ and people want a winger to start up front. That's up there with playing Shinji as a DM. lol

Maybe we should put Ulloa in defence. He is tall and pretty useless upfront so he'd be good. 

As for Gray I look forward to him coming on for 5 minutes when we're 10 nil down to Chelsea.

Guest CityFan 06

I've said this for a while but I do believe Marc could be more effective on the right, getting crosses in on his natural foot without having to cut inside. 

I'd like to see us trial Gray at LM, Mahrez CAM just behind the striker/s, and Albrighton RM.

But not forgetting, we also have Musa, Kapustka and Schlupp who could also benefit us playing in the wide areas, perhaps in that sort of formation.

Edited by CityFan 06

This Lad gets better every time I see him his appetite for the game his movement off the ball he's definitely a real find for us and he can only get better.

Hes really giving Claudio some selection headaches and definitely knocking on the door for a starting role !

Albrighton is a right back for me! I think we have the team, but it's being played completely wrong ATM! Mendy fair enough has been injured! I'd like to see Musa on the left, Mendy next to drinkwater, albrighton right back and kaputska on the bench! I wouldn't be adverse for gray in for mahrez and Okazaki in for vardy the way things are going ATM. I think the title winning team have lost there appetite

8 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

I've said this for a while but I do believe Marc could be more effective on the right, getting crosses in on his natural foot without having to cut inside. 

I'd like to see us trial Gray at LM, Mahrez CAM just behind the striker/s, and Albrighton RM.

But not forgetting, we also have Musa, Kapustka and Schlupp who could also benefit us playing in the wide areas, perhaps in that sort of formation.

Sounds a decent enough idea but if we do that it means either only one up front or going to three at the back.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

On 08/10/2016 at 17:55, TJB-fox said:

There's barely any tackles in the top flight simply because players are too good on the ball. He tracks his man 24/7, it's as simple as that. How often do you see the right back getting in behind us? (Bare in mind fullbacks are one of the most effective modern day attacking weapon.) He fills spaces, his defensive work is tremendous.

His attacking play this year on the other hand has been ****ing shitelol

Well if thats the case to just play Albrighton because he tracks back we may as well play 2 lefts back fuchs and chillwell