Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

On 23/01/2018 at 15:57, the fox said:

he isn't a flair player, he's more in the brackets of sanchez and salah, a forward disguised as a winger.

if he wants to improve his game, he should watch some salah videos, gray has all the physical attributes but his positioning is subpar.

He does amazing work as a winger but that's all forgotten since all you remember is him desparately trying to score a worldly and failing. And the more desparate he is the more anxious he becomes and the more anxious the worse his decision making and shots. As far as a winger goes he's fantastic, but as soon as he tries to turn into a striker at the end of his runs: frustrating. And you can see he's frustrated and you can feel his frustration.

Hitchcock said the key to horror films is to give the audience more information than the characters and make the audience watch the characters unwittenly walk into the trap with the audience thinking "no, no". That's what it feel like watching Gray get to the end of an amazing run. If he wants to become a striker/winger then he must take these chances but damn it's frustrating.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Quite surprised, despite his greediness at times, he has not been given much playing time under Puel.

He seems to have something that can change the energy of the forward line positively.

Would've preferred him to come on than Diabate, as he has here and there shown he can cut it in this league if he adopts good decision-making with the final ball.

8 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Quite surprised, despite his greediness at times, he has not been given much playing time under Puel.

He seems to have something that can change the energy of the forward line positively.

Would've preferred him to come on than Diabate, as he has here and there shown he can cut it in this league if he adopts good decision-making with the final ball.

Attention seeking?

• Like 1

He has stsrted the last games at 10.... and he failed the audition.  He needs to work and kick on to higher level.  Diabate is ahead of him

He’s been given numerous chances by Puel - he’s had more game time than ever before but he’s simply not taken his chance. It’s not just his decision making with the ball that is the problem, it’s also his positions and movement off the ball that aren’t working. I think an extended stay on the bench is likely for Gray now. 

Gray's main strength is direct running with pace and power, especially bringing the ball forward during counter attacks. So I can't see him flourishing in a slow possession based system and think it's probably best if he gets himself a move.

• 1 month later...

Thought he should've been on longer than the duration he had today.

The jury is still out on him, despite his young age, but feel our style and his will suit in the login term.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Time for gray to move on brings little to the game as a starter or sub.

an assist last game put the cross in for today's goal and was infinitely better than Diabate today

• Like 2

2 assists in 2 games. A good cross at Brighton and the best cross of the game against Newcastle.

Diabete impressed me at Brighton, I called for him to start against Newcastle and he did but he was poor.

Albrighton has done nothing for weeks now. He slows every attack down. And he's so predictable. 

Edited by Fox92

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

2 assists in 2 games. A good cross at Brighton and the best cross of the game against Newcastle.

Diabete impressed me at Brighton, I called for him to start against Newcastle and he did but he was poor.

Albrighton has done nothing for weeks now. He slows every attack down. And he's so predictable. 

Yeh I'd like to see Gray, Diabate and Mahrez starting together behind Vardy for the rest of the season.

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He didn't assist versus Newcastle.

I've been a huge supporter of Gray and I think he has a lot of talent but if Bournemouth came in again at £25m I'd sell. You can't keep relying on potential and although it could end up being an error to sell I think it would be worth it. I wouldn't have said that last year but at some point you have to make a decision.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He didn't assist versus Newcastle.

I've been a huge supporter of Gray and I think he has a lot of talent but if Bournemouth came in again at £25m I'd sell. You can't keep relying on potential and although it could end up being an error to sell I think it would be worth it. I wouldn't have said that last year but at some point you have to make a decision.

I have been harsh on him at times but as someone pointed out to me the other day he is still only 21 and has actually shown quite a lot of glimpses of that potential.

With Riyad likely leaving next season l think Gray has every chance to come into his own. Maybe we need to go a bit easier on him.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pete Campbell said:

I have been harsh on him at times but as someone pointed out to me the other day he is still only 21 and has actually shown quite a lot of glimpses of that potential.

With Riyad likely leaving next season l think Gray has every chance to come into his own. Maybe we need to go a bit easier on him.

That's a fair comment but there is frustration all round that Diabate has come in for buttons and jumped ahead of him.

Also three managers have been here and Puel played him in his first game and still he hasn't really developed much in the two years he's been here.

Edited by Gerard

Im not a massive fan of his tbh, I think he should be showing more than what he has. Saying that though I wouldn't let him go just yet. If and when Mahrez leaves it may just spur him on to take the chance and flourish. I would have Gray ahead of Diabate as well.  

• Like 1