Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

Jamie Vardy?

2 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Piers Morgan made a comment " I think Becky Vardy would have quite liked him to have signed for Arsenal"

Of course she would have she would have loved for him to play & live in London. More money & exposure for her the fame hungry slapper.

Reminds me of someone else who thought she could sing,and then she married a famous footballer ?

Watched some snippets of it and it's clear that they're both just very thick. Piers Morgan described him as emotionless but I don't think that's it to be honest, I think he's just a bit stupid.

His stock phrase on everything is: "I think it's a joke to be honest". 

No wonder he's lost his way a little and started to believe his own hype. He's got that fame-hungry wife pushing him to do stuff like this and he's not smart enough to remember what got him where he is.

Not scored for 16 games, don't think this season will be in his film, and definitely no sequel.

He needs to perform and get his brand up, I'm a city fan and have no interest in watching a film about a chav from Sheffield, so unless he makes headlines for the right reasons, by the time the films released, nobody will remember who Jamie vardy is, or it will be, oh the one season wonder.

He wants to earn his living on the pitch, before doing these poxy interviews, bigging himself up.

4 hours ago, Sammy said:

I back Vardy to turn it around, I know he hasn't been the same player but he has been living on scraps this season and until we change system I don't think he will be getting anything more. He has still shown many positive signs despite not being on the scoresheet, but I have still noticed him chasing lost causes like the last minute of Sunderland. I know he hasn't been doing this as much as he used to but I feel that like his first season in the Prem all he needs is a single moment like West Brom away to bring him back to his best.

Personally would play him at Porto with Shinji and Drinkwater/Mendy in the hope that something can be sparked there. If not then give him a couple of games out and allow Shinji to shine 

I agree with this and think some of the comments on here are a joke.The way some people go on and make out all the problems are down to him, I suppose if this is true then he must be thanked even more for last season as we are obviously a one man team. I can understand why he probably isn't running as much, in fact I can understand the whole team and surely they must be given some forgiveness for that after the huge effort that was put in last season to win the league. The team was hardly ever changed and most players including vardy were playing every week for 90 minutes even with injuries, every match become a cup final.  Chelsea did the same last season after winning the league. The difference is the players, even when they were playing poorly they still had enough quality in the team to drag them through it and I suppose thats the difference in the end between a squad that is worth millions and a team where all the players have raised their performance levels to epic proportions. We might get relegated, but if thats the price to pay for winning the league then I don't care. Would people have preferred to finish 10th, then finish 15th. How many would have memory's of that.

Back to vardy, I can count at least 3 times in the most recent matches alone where he has created a good chance for others but no one has been there or they have missed. I can also remember the penalties he has won but not taken, the dribbles he made in the champions league where he has been fouled which have then resulted in goals  from the free kick. If vardy had taken the penalties he has won, if the chances he has created have been scored, he could have 7 goals now and 8 assists. If this was the case would people suddenly claim he has played well.  Even though his all round game would still have been the same other then the stats.  His level might not be as high, just as the rest of the team  but I dont think hes been as bad as people are making out.

Vardy had a chance to leave for Arsenal this past summer but opted to stay at Leicester City. Most pundits were stunned at the decision but Leicester City fans were ecstatic and felt the club had pulled one over on Arsenal. Fast forward six months and Vardy looks a shell of his previous self. He turns 30 next month, His England days are numbered I don't see Arsenal or any top club coming back for him. He did get a new contract from  Leicester City but would have earned a lot more at Arsenal. His stated reasons for staying were loyalty to club and City's playing system. Fans who applauded his decision to stay are now questioning his ability and desire. Fans do have every right to question an underachieving player thus it is left to the player to decide which moves will best serve his career. Does Vardy regret not leaving for Arsenal?

Vardy is annoyed that Slimani is the new boy it town. He seems like he has a bit of a complex. He still wants that ball over his head and to run onto....Move on vardy play different football

6 minutes ago, Shaneb said:

Vardy is annoyed that Slimani is the new boy it town. He seems like he has a bit of a complex. He still wants that ball over his head and to run onto....Move on vardy play different football

..he doesn't know how to.. That's the problem! 

Arsenal's traditional flow-flowing style of play would've benefitted Vardy's strengths and thus would be a strong connection.

But due to our lack of direction in terms of play he's somewhat being the scapegoat of it despite receiving poor service quite regularly.

£20m for him when it was rejected by us would've been a yes from me at the time, but woukd still consider selling him next month even if someone offered £8m (due to his attitude/lack of motivation) - though hope the scouts have found a another striker to sign to replace him.

3 hours ago, boweigo said:

Vardy had a chance to leave for Arsenal this past summer but opted to stay at Leicester City. Most pundits were stunned at the decision but Leicester City fans were ecstatic and felt the club had pulled one over on Arsenal. Fast forward six months and Vardy looks a shell of his previous self. He turns 30 next month, His England days are numbered I don't see Arsenal or any top club coming back for him. He did get a new contract from  Leicester City but would have earned a lot more at Arsenal. His stated reasons for staying were loyalty to club and City's playing system. Fans who applauded his decision to stay are now questioning his ability and desire. Fans do have every right to question an underachieving player thus it is left to the player to decide which moves will best serve his career. Does Vardy regret not leaving for Arsenal?

I do not think the offer from Arsenal was that attractive.  We did not know then, but do know now, Wenger was signing Vardy as third striker behind Sanchez (whom he converted this season from winger to striker) and Giroud.  Vardy most likely stayed because Wenger could not guarantee first team playing time.  Can you see Vardy being happy as third striker?

Archived