Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

Jamie Vardy?

11 minutes ago, Royston. said:

hopefully a chinese super league team comes in for him. he must be a big name over there.

not that i would want to lose him but its pointless playing him and we'd be 100k per week better off.

I bet Mrs Vardy is on the phone as we speak....

8 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Totally agree, was thinking the same earlier. He's lived the dream all non-leaguers would kill for. No stick from me......

Yeah man, fair play to him, he's been brilliant but I just can't see it happening again. He bought something totally different to the table but it was only ever going to work temporarily in this league. I'm sure he'd tear the Championship a new arsehole still but people have wised-up to him in the PL and his only real tactic has been nullified. Not really his fault, he just had a limited shelf life. 

He's not the same guy we had before. The hunger is gone imo. He's tasted the good life and has achieved more than he could have ever wanted. No surprise that he's probably burnt out. 

We're not making any changes for him or even half chances. He probably only gets the ball 3 times a game you can't expect goals with no service and a midfield 40 yards behind him

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

VARDY  IS  INNOCENT..!!! 

True!

Heard he was guilty of giving the ball a real kicking but fortunately 32,000 witnesses came forward to clear him of these charges.:P

lol

Did notice he seemed to have a problem with his back yesterday after one jump, wonder if he is carrying a niggling injury?:unsure:

5 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

We create absolutely nothing for him and he's to blame lol some absolute cretins on this forum. 

It's a bit of both to be fair. You'd see Vardy of old tearing about the pitch getting stuck in wherever he could. None of that yesterday, just hung around waiting for service which never came. The other ten players aren't just there to serve him though, sometimes Vardy has to create his own chances. He did that a lot last season, not so much this. 

He looks to me like a player just going through the motions. He puts in enough effort so that he doesn't stand out and every now and again things will fall for him and he still has his ability, but there's no sign of the drive and hunger that made him what he was. He should have gone to Arsenal.

Our mini run of not losing came to an end with his return (albeit against the likely league winners). I suspect it's less JVs form or attitude and more the way we now try to play with him in the side - the killer ball and outpacing the defence has worked once this season against a side who played suicidally on the day . The first evidence that this counter attacking style had been sussed was in the Liverpool match but we are still playing it 4 months later 

49 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Our mini run of not losing came to an end with his return (albeit against the likely league winners). I suspect it's less JVs form or attitude and more the way we now try to play with him in the side - the killer ball and outpacing the defence has worked once this season against a side who played suicidally on the day . The first evidence that this counter attacking style had been sussed was in the Liverpool match but we are still playing it 4 months later 

Hard to play counter attacking football when you conceded the first goal week in week out. Once your behind the other team can sit back, defensively we were so much better last season.

Need to decide with Vardy if we play to his strength or is he just another player in the team 

Hes a shadow of himself but he's getting no service from midfield. Even Defoe gets better balls played into him to score. 

Really is a fall from grace,but not entirely his fault

Club legend for me without a doubt, he's been amazing for us but that doesn't make him exempt from criticism. Did little yesterday but very hard to do something when you don't get a lot of service. Also Cahill was sat tight to him most of the time and Luiz was even deeper. 

Vardy had no service whatsoever v Chelsea, Drinkwater seems incapable of finding a City shirt with a pass as does Albrighton. Musa & Vardy are not a front pairing and I thought Kaputska should have come one before Okazaki. Bad day at the office for all involved but Chelsea gave us a lesson in quick passing football last night and look like Champions ... :(

Up the City.... :scarf:

Archived