Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

Jamie Vardy?

23 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Nah can't agree with that.

The Vardy we'd be seeing in an Arsenal shirt ain't the same one we are seeing this season in a City shirt. I wonder if he thinks he's made the biggest error of his career by nor moving. He'd be fed in by Ozil and Oxlade this season, not by Amartey and King. Even Mahrez can't find him in the final third anymore.

Vardy is a confidence player. When he's got supply and starts scoring he's lethal. When his supply is frankly, terrible, he goes back into his shell.

Clear as day. 

More like when he can be arsed he's lethal. As others have said Shinji and Slimani have scored 10 since Vardy last had a shot on target!

He doesn't move off the ball at all now. Watching him live every week you wouldn't have a clue it's the same person. So disappointing. 

On 11/8/2016 at 09:47, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Drinky all season has been good, but what he is now doing is taking the ball off our defenders in their own half (he knows that they are unable to pass the ball) 30 yds from our own goal. That is counter productive. The result is we are 20yds further back than we should be, plus he's not where he should be - receiving the ball in midfield. A further consequence of that is that there is only one one man in centre midfield, so anyone who receives the ball there is massively outnumbered. If they can get over that issue, the two incumbents that have been used (King or Amartey) refuse to to pass the ball forward or run with it. We are therefore creating next to nothing as a team in 50% of this season's games so blaming Vardy I think is a bit of a red herring. 

That's a good point about Drinky picking the ball up deeper (when not suspended). It was more often Kante doing that last season - and Kante could move it forward quickly and accurately, either by simple passes or dribbling, bringing more creative players into play higher up the pitch (including Drinky).

Another point: I'm sure almost every opposing defence is sitting deeper against us now, nullifying Vardy's chances of running onto long through balls from Drinky. A lot of his goals and chances came that way last season. This season, almost the only times that I've seen Vardy get onto through balls is when they've been wider - into channels behind opposing full backs. That can lead to chances but less often as Vardy has to either score from a narrower angle or find a teammate with a cross.

Laughable his mrs claiming this mornings interview was media commitments 

highly doubt that had anything to do with the club and only media commitments he should be doing is ABSOLUTELY NONE 

Time to take him out of the team and limelight 

Guest LCFC_World

Don't start him. Musa can do a better job than him at the moment. In fact, let him watch from the stands. 

He has to pay for the ticket though. 

The club have advised him several times against things like this (media appearences with Piers Morgan), and also didn't authorise his book.

They need to take control of the situation and Claudio needs to show him who's boss. His attitude has been terrible this year and should be third choice striker in my opinion.

Sad to see so many negative comments about Vardy. Not all totally undeserved but he's a club legend for me. None of what we've achieved would've happened without this man. Doesn't excuse his performances this season but can we cut out the personal slurs at least 

I think we fans can forgive a lot of things, but lack of effort is not one of them. His work rate sucks and I'm getting very worried about his attitude. TV appearances, book and film deals are all very good when you are riding high but when you are in goal drought and fans are questioning your commitment, anything that takes you away from the basic job is very unwise.

Legendary last season but ****ing hopeless so far this season. Needs to get his head down and show some ****ing hunger for the ball. All the attention has clearly gone to his head - spends more time ****ing about with books, academies and interviews now instead of playing his football properly. 

You're only as good as your last season and Vardy is doing nothing to suggest he deserves automatic inclusion in the squad at the moment let alone showing he's worth 100k a week. What a joke. 100-****ing-k a week. lol

Let's be honest he's changed.

Remember how exciting he was to watch in the promotion season? The work rate last season?

You never see him run with the ball and drive at defenders anymore. Just jogging around near the CBs and pointing alot.

He's lost the aspect of his game that made him different and why we all loved him.

I back Vardy to turn it around, I know he hasn't been the same player but he has been living on scraps this season and until we change system I don't think he will be getting anything more. He has still shown many positive signs despite not being on the scoresheet, but I have still noticed him chasing lost causes like the last minute of Sunderland. I know he hasn't been doing this as much as he used to but I feel that like his first season in the Prem all he needs is a single moment like West Brom away to bring him back to his best.

Personally would play him at Porto with Shinji and Drinkwater/Mendy in the hope that something can be sparked there. If not then give him a couple of games out and allow Shinji to shine 

Some of these comments are pretty pathetic given what the bloke's done for us. Granted his missus is a tool, Jamie, like most Footballers, are having a bad spell. It happens.

I doubt even most Chelsea supporters would've talked this much s**t about Hazard last season and they're the most pathetic bunch in the League.

Get a grip, you're all acting like it's be all end all. Should he be starting? like any other fringe player that plays poorly they shouldn't get a start, same with Vardy. But Jesus Christ some of these comments are sickening. 

4 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

Some of these comments are pretty pathetic given what the bloke's done for us. Granted his missus is a tool, Jamie, like most Footballers, are having a bad spell. It happens.

I doubt even most Chelsea supporters would've talked this much s**t about Hazard last season and they're the most pathetic bunch in the League.

Get a grip, you're all acting like it's be all end all. Should he be starting? like any other fringe player that plays poorly they shouldn't get a start, same with Vardy. But Jesus Christ some of these comments are sickening. 

People spend a lot of time and money going to watch the team we love, I can accept losing, I can accept not winning every week last season. But what I can't accept is players lacking effort, not trying, not working hard like we know they can we've seen them do it previously. 

He might be going through a bad spell in front of goal but why has that stopped him running, closing down like he used to. Watch him for 45 minutes and you'll see what everyone else has been seeing recently. A lot of motionless jogs, half hearted attempts at closing players down and a lot of pointing & passing players on.

Just now, Steve_Walsh5 said:

People spend a lot of time and money going to watch the team we love, I can accept losing, I can accept not winning every week last season. But what I can't accept is players lacking effort, not trying, not working hard like we know they can we've seen them do it previously. 

He might be going through a bad spell in front of goal but why has that stopped him running, closing down like he used to. Watch him for 45 minutes and you'll see what everyone else has been seeing recently. A lot of motionless jogs, half hearted attempts at closing players down and a lot of pointing & passing players on.

That's fair enough and i completely agree with that hence why i said he DOES deserved to be dropped. But to call him outlandish names like he's never done a single thing right at the Club is pretty bad

I could understand Ranieri still picking Vardy if he was 5-7 games without a goal but it has been 18 in all competitions, its not like he can justify Vardy starting with his workrate either.

I want him to score goals and I want him to do well but he needs to get back to basics, putting in the graft and making himself useful again. Put Vardy in the Okazaki role, tell him to suck up being second man to Slimani and do the running that made him popular in the 14/15 season even when he wasn't scoring. The reason the Slim, Vards partnership isn't working is because we have them the wrong way round.

People say that he isn't getting service, how come then Okazaki has been scoring from a deeper position?

Why does he have to get involved in all that bollocks talking about the recent football child abuse cases? He's sticking his nose into shit that quite frankly he doesn't need to. He's so far up his own arse, as for commenting on Eric Bristow and having a pop at him, it's not like he's ever been caught saying things and doing things he shouldn't .:ph34r:

22 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Why does he have to get involved in all that bollocks talking about the recent football child abuse cases? He's sticking his nose into shit that quite frankly he doesn't need to. He's so far up his own arse, as for commenting on Eric Bristow and having a pop at him, it's not like he's ever been caught saying things and doing things he shouldn't .:ph34r:

Pot Kettle and all that, could be worse Bristow could be a Jap, needs to be concentrating on football not sitting with his buddy Piers

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-vardy-slams-eric-bristow-9396802

Archived