Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

Jamie Vardy?

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Not really. He played like people know he can and look at the end result. 

This is performance we have wanted him to give for the previous 15 games. Looked like his old self yesterday, no pointing & passing players on like he has been doing. He was harassing, pressuring, closing down and he got his reward.

Nah some people look silly.

i can take people knocking vardy I do it Myself frequently, but there needs to be a bit of perspective involved.

some people, I.e " he's ****ing useless one season wonder his missus is a ****  wish he'd fcked off to arsenal" take it far too far.

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Matt said:

He's either lost a yard of pace or simply can't be arsed.

Last season he'd have sprinted for stuff today, saw none of it.

I disagree. Man City game showed he still knows how to score and can be lethal. Sadly he gets so little meaningful service this season it's impossible to be effective.

That said, he will need to adapt and find a new way of getting involved in play, or he could just have a strop and refuse to play. I hear it's all the rage for over paid attackers!!!!

He's not making the runs that he did last season. He had plenty of chances to run into the channels when we got it in our left back/right back areas but he wasn't moving into those positions. Really can't keep blaming it on lack of service. Yes that doesn't help his scoring chances but he's not helping the team by simply staying too central.

Just now, Anish said:

He's not making the runs that he did last season. He had plenty of chances to run into the channels when we got it in our left back/right back areas but he wasn't moving into those positions. Really can't keep blaming it on lack of service. Yes that doesn't help his scoring chances but he's not helping the team by simply staying too central.

Tend to agree. He's had very little to work off this season but I watch him for minutes at a time sometimes and he barely moves, or drops off rather than stretching defenders. He's definitely not putting in the yards he did last season, for whatever reason. 

3 minutes ago, sdb said:

Tend to agree. He's had very little to work off this season but I watch him for minutes at a time sometimes and he barely moves, or drops off rather than stretching defenders. He's definitely not putting in the yards he did last season, for whatever reason. 

You cannot expect a man who has to keep up social appearances in publications such as Hello magazine to get himself to poofed out on the pitch.

I think he had probably the best season he will have in his career last season, and he's gone back to his level.

But I will defend him, look at the service today and other game, punting hopeful ball up front, not even good balls, just lofted ball, and he is expected to win a headed match with the centre halfs, not his strengths.

We know what he can do with decent balls, played into the channels, but we continually just play long central, lofted long balls.

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

He's either lost a yard of pace or simply can't be arsed.

Last season he'd have sprinted for stuff today, saw none of it.

To be fair would you be arse, chasing on you own to close down an aimless punt, knowing even if you win it, there's no support!

Even Messi would struggle with the service Vardy gets!

As he showed against Man City, create chance, he wil take them! 

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Looks old all of a sudden

That's what I was thinking. There was an occasion when a ball was played between 2 defenders and Vardy started to run and then didn't bother. The Vardy of old made a career out of chasing lost causes. He just seems older, slower and generally can't be bothered.

Probably get stick for saying this but I think Vardy has had his day for Leicester. 

Teams don't let us play the system that he excelled in and he doesn't have anything else in his locker. He's frustrated, limited and looking less and less likely to ever replicate the form of last season. 

One trick pony and the race has changed. 

3 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

Probably get stick for saying this but I think Vardy has had his day for Leicester. 

Teams don't let us play the system that he excelled in and he doesn't have anything else in his locker. He's frustrated, limited and looking less and less likely to ever replicate the form of last season. 

One trick pony and the race has changed. 

Totally agree, was thinking the same earlier. He's lived the dream all non-leaguers would kill for. No stick from me......

12 minutes ago, sm1 said:

That's what I was thinking. There was an occasion when a ball was played between 2 defenders and Vardy started to run and then didn't bother. The Vardy of old made a career out of chasing lost causes. He just seems older, slower and generally can't be bothered.

Lot easier when you are running you nuts of to pull of the big achievement in the clubs history, than a season were you team bubbling alone in the bottom half of the table.

Archived