Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Claudio Get the full season no matter what , vote

Claudio gets to stay till next summer no matter qatar   

407 members have voted

1. 1. Claudio gets to stay till next summer no matter what

• I agree he stays no matter what
    • I disagree

You can understand a few players deciding that they are so rich and have done it all now that they are not going to bother to put in a shift this season.  That would probably be normal.  However here its the entire first choice side plus a large number of the squad players doing the same.  That looks sadly as if Claudio has perhaps lost the dressing room as far as disciplining the players goes?  What is going to happen to them anyway given the contracts they are on?  Really you can't see this squad winning at the moment at all.  A top European side will destroy them.  

Like many others I can't understand the continued use of 442.  Our midfield is not competitive and the ageing defence can't cope with the near constant attacks.  That suggests we need five in midfield home and away.  Perhaps 451 away and 352 at home?  Hard to rate the attacking players as they hardly see the ball.  New players can be brought in during January but then the best players won't sign in this situation.  Also any players purchased would have to gell with the rest of the side almost immediately.  

Certainly only players who are willing to fight should be playing.  Many are a disgrace to their shirts and their profession at the moment.   

36 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Amazing how people dont don't like Pearson because he was not media friendly, he didn't have a bell like Ranieri (haha). But he created a great group mentality and got great players in to do that particular job. 

Look at facts and figures and not personalities. 

This! 

I've got absolutely no faith in Ranieri to turn things around if we are in the bottom three in the final third of the season. Frankly he is not capable of building a team spirit to handle it. I would bring Nigel Pearson back tomorrow but I'm aware the owners would never swallow their pride to do so.

2 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Unbelievable - "the owners will never want to sack him"

These are successful guys, they didn't stop when they got their first duty free shop, they thrive for success and change things if things are not right. Remember Sven going? 

You mention he is possibly too loyal to players. I totally agree and this is one main reason we are where we are, his failure to adapt to change. 

Like i mention in another post, those that live in the past are not acting on the issues of today. Companies go bust just doing the same things and looking at the past. 

It's also true that usually, admittedly not in all cases, chopping managers in and out when things get a little worrying never ends well.

Changing the manager might not be addressing the principle drivers of why things are going wrong.

i must admit I'm torn regarding Claudio's position

6 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I've got absolutely no faith in Ranieri to turn things around if we are in the bottom three in the final third of the season. Frankly he is not capable of building a team spirit to handle it. I would bring Nigel Pearson back tomorrow but I'm aware the owners would never swallow their pride to do so.

Agree, he was fantastic with his know-how to see out the league but he's not a man for a relegation battle. Would like to see Pearson back too, maybe he could even persuade Walsh to rejoin and we can have our old Leicester back!

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Agree, he was fantastic with his know-how to see out the league but he's not a man for a relegation battle. Would like to see Pearson back too, maybe he could even persuade Walsh to rejoin and we can have our old Leicester back!

Its not about having the old Leicester back its about bringing in a man who can build the club to adapt to the next level. Nigel always did that from League 1 to the Prem and since he signed all the players that won us the league I think its fair to say he would have kept doing that before he was sacked.

For me Claudio has regressed since day one, we went from playing great football and winning to mediocre football and winning to mediocre football and losing.

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Its not about having the old Leicester back its about bringing in a man who can build the club to adapt to the next level. Nigel always did that from League 1 to the Prem and since he signed all the players that won us the league I think its fair to say he would have kept doing that before he was sacked.

For me Claudio has regressed since day one, we went from playing great football and winning to mediocre football and winning to mediocre football and losing.

You just said what I think better than I ever could there.

Claudio doesn't seem to be adept / or even care about planning for the future, here's a here and now manager and with that you'll eventually fall off a cliff way that we are starting to now. After the euphoria of the league win, it's sad to see 5+ years of good management and planning be pissed away like this

One season of superb results, one third of a season of below average results. It's way too early to be having this thread, he ought to be given the season and dismissed only if we're relegated and there's a better option available for the Championship. Do agree that if he were to go we should be straight on the phone to Nige though, he didn't deserve to be sacked either.

Just now, Mark_w said:

One season of superb results, one third of a season of below average results. It's way too early to be having this thread, he ought to be given the season and dismissed only if we're relegated and there's no better option available for the Championship. Do agree that if he were to go we should be straight on the phone to Nige though.

They're not below average results, they're bloody awful results and even worse performances.

I'd hate to see Ranieri go, but if we're still in this mess, showing no signs of recovery and in serious danger of being relegated then it's hard to argue his case. 

No room for sentiment I'm afraid. He needs to be judged on this season alone and, he's looking right now like the manager the press promised us when he took over.

If the turgid performances and the defeats continue, coupled with his refusal to change the system and he'll be dismissed before January.

10 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

One season of superb results, one third of a season of below average results. It's way too early to be having this thread, he ought to be given the season and dismissed only if we're relegated and there's a better option available for the Championship. Do agree that if he were to go we should be straight on the phone to Nige though, he didn't deserve to be sacked either.

If we'd shown any fight, I'd agree he deserves longer. Given the performances this season, it would be wiser to give his replacement the time to fix this, as sadly Claudio doesn't look like he will be able to make things right even if he had all the time in the world.

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Do I Col?

Do I need to be another panicking overeacting ****?

Or should I have some perspective.....

Why has anything got worse with last nights game - it didn't matter, it gave game time to the kids, the back from suspension and injury and the for sale squad players.

Our League form requires work but I'm not panicking yet.

Lastly, telling me what I need to do or write could you sound any more patronising?

lol

:fishing:

Cmon Nick, I thought you knew the score by now! I couldn't let the Vardy/Cambiasso comment go!

unfortunately he is destroying his legacy at the moment and things need to drastically improve, lets get this season out the way see where we are and try and rebuild. it is going to be a massive rebuilding job and is Claudiio up for it!

one thing we keep harping on Ranieri.. how many hours/day of interaction does CR has on the group?..

Does the team has a Leadership group.. doesn't the key players take pride to motivate themselves & other players.

I guess with the new deal - some of the players are on 100K -120K way above what Spurs & Arsenal would pay for sub-standard players.

Is this why the team harmony & structure unraveled?

Guest LCFC_World
2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I don't recall him winning us the prem.

I wouldn't be too unhappy if we got relegated and brought him in (not that the Thais will want him back lol) . At this level though he struggles and struggled with a strong championship club just a few months ago before fighting with the owner and getting sacked.

I fully believe that any manager that came in after Pearson got sacked would have had a good season. Ranieri won the league off Pearsons foundations. They carried on the run from the great escape and now he has changed things up with these new contracts and signings his true colours are showing. 

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

Bottom 3 come end of January then he needs to go.

Come end of January,people saying this are driving me crazy,so he gets January to sign new players of his own (with his signing record for us) then when the transfer windows closed and we spent a shit load,we then sack him and the new manager inherits some one else's shit team? Absolute crazy waffle!

Archived