Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

4 hours ago, chicagofox said:

Yeah Leicester City are the big winners here.  We haven't scored a league goal in over seven hours and now we've all but ruined any chance of one of our forwards playing for us again.  Well done everyone.

If I wasn't being selected ahead of that lazy sack of shit Vardy I'd be p'd off too.

Absolutely. Get rid of Ranieri. get a manager who knows how to mend fences, and just maybe Ulloa will start smiling again. 

Offer him an improved contract, tell him he needs to issue a statement that it was all his agent and not him, play him a bit and tell him he can go in the summer if the right offer comes in. Sunderland were not going to drop Defoe so it's unlikely he would have been a nailed on starter there anyway.

11 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Offer him an improved contract, tell him he needs to issue a statement that it was all his agent and not him, play him a bit and tell him he can go in the summer if the right offer comes in. Sunderland were not going to drop Defoe so it's unlikely he would have been a nailed on starter there anyway.

Improved contract? We'd be bonkers to do that

16 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

He's 30 so I wouldn't want to extend his contract much beyond what he's already got but in fairness to him if he's on £30k with Vardy on £100k  weekly it's not unreasonable that he should put in a transfer request  to see what he can get. ( we don't know what the story is with apromised  improvement that never materialised)  He isn't going now until another 6 months have elapsed  and it's hard to see why offering him better terms for the rest of his contract isn't good business for both  parties  especially as we are short of players to play up to and who can help in defence late in games 

20 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Improved contract? We'd be bonkers to do that

If he's on 30k then an extra 10 or so is not unreasonable. Considering he is a prem winner. Settle the squad and we can still get rid at the end of the season.

We would be bonkers to do nothing in the circumstances as this sort of thing can spread and by all accounts he's popular amongst the squad. 6 months at an extra 10 grand is nothing compared to how bad this could get if it disrupts the squad and we get sucked in to a relegation dogfight. The situation at the club seems a bit toxic at the moment and we need to bring back the positivity we had that did us so well last year

6 minutes ago, surrifox said:

He's 30 so I wouldn't want to extend his contract much beyond what he's already got but in fairness to him if he's on £30k with Vardy on £100k  weekly it's not unreasonable that he should put in a transfer request  to see what he can get. ( we don't know what the story is with apromised  improvement that never materialised)  He isn't going now until another 6 months have elapsed  and it's hard to see why offering him better terms for the rest of his contract isn't good business for both  parties  especially as we are short of players to play up to and who can help in defence late in games 

Exactly. We know there will be interested parties and if he's on 30k as is quoted an extra 10k per week for 6 months is worth it just to settle down the whole situation and wont price him out of a transfer. Because at the moment it sounds pretty toxic and needs settling down so it doesn't spread. The whole reason we were successful last season was we had a settled squad and an all in it together mentality. Him signing for a bit extra a week and giving a press release blaming his agent seems the only way to nip this in the bud.

Let him go in the summer and we have plenty of time now to be looking for a replacement.

6 hours ago, chicagofox said:

Yeah Leicester City are the big winners here.  We haven't scored a league goal in over seven hours and now we've all but ruined any chance of one of our forwards playing for us again.  Well done everyone.

If I wasn't being selected ahead of that lazy sack of shit Vardy I'd be p'd off too.

Sarcasm is is hard to tell on The internet, I suppose.

as an aside, they  play completely different roles.. can't imagine ulloa burning past a couple of defenders to a ball over the top...

47 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Pretty sure that was him in the sky sports interview...

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

Pretty sure that was him in the sky sports interview...

Yeah well I mean he could just say he was told to say that. Poorly advised etc which he probably was. Not doubting he wanted to go though. Ulloa has enough credit in the bank with us that it wouldn't be held against him. 

Regardless it's not good for anyone the way it is at the moment. 

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

Yeah well I mean he could just say he was told to say that. Poorly advised etc which he probably was. Not doubting he wanted to go though. Ulloa has enough credit in the bank with us that it wouldn't be held against him. 

Regardless it's not good for anyone the way it is at the moment. 

I must admit, I'd like to know the reasons why we didn't sell him..

are we we that genuinely concerned we are a relegation rival to Sunderland?

if so, why didn't we buy more players in the transfer window?

Annoying thing is Ulloa is exactly the type of player we need at the minute. Gives his all, is a good influence and always pops up with important goals. 

I feel for him a bit but because you have to respect the reason he wants to leave, he might not have gone about it the right way but at least he's not sulking about not getting paid enough or whatever. He's a good egg, I'd rather have 11 Ulloas than some of the personalities in the side right now. 

If we had signed a star striker in the window it Vardy and Slimani  both had double figures how many people would be saying bow down to his demands then?

He knew what he would be getting when he signed the contract and if people think players demanding moves and going on strike when they don't get what they want is acceptable then there is something wrong.

He is an employee of Leicester city not the other way round.

He has acted disgusting trying to force the club what he wants with no disregard as to what is in the best interests of the club he should never be near the team again and left to rot with no wages while he is refusing to play.

Just because we are a bit desperate at the minute does not mean we let players walk all over us that would get us in even bigger trouble than we are already in.

Sorry leo but you have let yourself...The club and more important the fans down,

4 hours ago, themightyfin said:

If we had signed a star striker in the window it Vardy and Slimani  both had double figures how many people would be saying bow down to his demands then?

He knew what he would be getting when he signed the contract and if people think players demanding moves and going on strike when they don't get what they want is acceptable then there is something wrong.

He is an employee of Leicester city not the other way round.

He has acted disgusting trying to force the club what he wants with no disregard as to what is in the best interests of the club he should never be near the team again and left to rot with no wages while he is refusing to play.

Just because we are a bit desperate at the minute does not mean we let players walk all over us that would get us in even bigger trouble than we are already in.

Sorry leo but you have let yourself...The club and more important the fans down,

Its also worth baring in mind he has been refusing to play with the u23 squad for a while now... so his match fitness is likely to be pretty crappy anmyway....

Archived