Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

This is bonkers, Claudio said anyone unhappy could go, now we are keeping a player who is clearly unhappy on the basis we are scared of Sunderland? What does that say about the confidence in our own squad and the players we have signed.

What Ulloa did yesterday was completely unacceptable but the way we are carrying on now leaves me inclined to believe him about the broken promises. I think he's more than earnt his right to leave now with the bid that has come in.

Just now, MattP said:

This is bonkers, Claudio said anyone unhappy could go, now we are keeping a player who is clearly unhappy on the basis we are scared of Sunderland? What does that say about the confidence in our own squad and the players we have signed.

What Ulloa did yesterday was completely unacceptable but the way we are carrying on now leaves me inclined to believe him about the broken promises. I think he's more than earnt his right to leave now with the bid that has come in.

Trouble is we don't have another striker like him to change games. Take Stoke away for example.

We can't just let him go without a replacement. If a 7.5m bid came in on Jan the first he'd be gone by now.

Schlupp went to Palace because we've got plenty of options in that area. Apart from Vardy and Slim we don't have another number 9. How many other sides in the Champions League have 2 number 9s? It just doesn't happen.

2 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Club comes first

ulloa can fvck off when we say he can

This.

Love Leo for what he's done in the past but yesterday he and his agent have attempted to **** the club over.

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's completely rational to be worried about Sunderland. It would be an incredibly stupid business decision to sell him to a relegation rival.

People break promises all the time. We pay him £20k a week to break promises to him. I think that's fairly reasonable.

He'll end up being shipped out on loan abroad/championship I think, that way he gets to play first team football and we get to keep him.

Then Sunderland can have him in the summer for their assault on a mid table SkyBet Championship finish. 

The fact that we've gone all month and can't find a defender or a better striker than Ulloa is unforgivable. Ulloa won't fetch that fee again, this was an ideal chance to upgrade our forward options without spending too much given the fee we'd receive in return and we've somehow failed again.

1 minute ago, MrLuke said:

He'll end up being shipped out on loan abroad/championship I think, that way he gets to play first team football and we get to keep him.

Then Sunderland can have him in the summer for their assault on a mid table SkyBet Championship finish. 

Agreed. Brentford, Brighton or Forest I reckon. 

3 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

The fact that we've gone all month and can't find a defender or a better striker than Ulloa is unforgivable. Ulloa won't fetch that fee again, this was an ideal chance to upgrade our forward options without spending too much given the fee we'd receive in return and we've somehow failed again.

We already did. Slimani.

Bringing in another big ticket striker would be stupid. We just then piss off Slim. And he has history.

12 minutes ago, MikeyT said:

Confirmation from sources: #lcfc have turned down 3rd bid from #safc for Ulloa of £7.5m+ add ons. True to their word, won't sell to a rival.

Bonkers !  Why is selling (Schlupp) to one 'rival' OK, but not Ulloa to another.  All I can think, is that we (really) want Kone - and have told Sunderland that there is no deal with Ulloa, unless they sell us Kone ?

Otherwise, all we'll have is an unhappy player who won't play for us (unless we're desperate I guess), until we sell him for peanuts in the summer.

Take £7.5m now !  Sunderland are down anyway !

lol at all these people complaining about keeping an unhappy players and want to sell him to rival. How are people struggling to grasp the fact that him doing nothing for us for the next 3months is much better than him going sundeorand.

"but its not fair on the player" couldnt give 2 shits about him being "unhappy" for 3months earning 30grand a week. Poor him. Consider the scenario where we go down at the expense of sunderland. Are we really gonna say "oh its a shame we are going down, but glad ulloas happy" bollocks are we. 

4 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

We already did. Slimani.

Bringing in another big ticket striker would be stupid. We just then piss off Slim. And he has history.

Ok. Where is our link player then? Slimani and Ulloa are two target men, but neither play the target man role. They more often than not play the withdrawn role off Vardy. It's braindead recruitment not to bring in a player who knows this position considering we can't play any other formation. Okazaki tries his best but is clearly not enough.

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

It was a bit naive of Claudio to say that anyone who is unhappy can leave. Perhaps understandable in the sense that it was said in the elation and feelgood atmosphere of winning the title but it always had the potential to come back and bite him on the arse.

I thought this at the time too. Players are constantly unhappy, as everyone wants to be playing or they want longer or more lucrative contracts. Part of being a good manager, is being able to deal with a large squad, with a number of individuals all wanting more than a club can sometimes offer. 

Of course it is good to have everyone happy, but it is just not possible and saying anyone who is unhappy has his blessings to leave, just gives players and agents the wrong idea. 

2 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

lol at all these people complaining about keeping an unhappy players and want to sell him to rival. How are people struggling to grasp the fact that him doing nothing for us for the next 3months is much better than him going sundeorand.

"but its not fair on the player" couldnt give 2 shits about him being "unhappy" for 3months earning 30grand a week. Poor him. Consider the scenario where we go down at the expense of sunderland. Are we really gonna say "oh its a shame we are going down, but glad ulloas happy" bollocks are we. 

Turns out I wasted my time writing my post lol

Guest LCFC_World
1 minute ago, filbertstreet said:

swap deal for knockaert please

This . Knockaert has improved and can be the creative CAM we are looking for. He'd come back as well that's the thing. 

Archived