Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Am I the only one who thinks Ulloa will play for us again?? 

There is 0 talk of any replacement striker coming in, so why would we allow him to leave?

If he stays, which I think he will, then if he refuses to play, he will be fined until he does. 

One clear the air talks with Claudio and the owners, and I think we will see him again for us. We need him!

No,

i think his outbursts on Twitter have sealed his fate, if he was given a place now ahead of shinzi surely this would cause shinzi to feel aggrieved.

9 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

No,

i think his outbursts on Twitter have sealed his fate, if he was given a place now ahead of shinzi surely this would cause shinzi to feel aggrieved.

Not sure it sets a good example though. 18 months left on his contract. Demand a move and refuse to play and you can get a move. Too much player power these days! 

Every agent will be advising their players to do this to force moves through now. 

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Not sure it sets a good example though. 18 months left on his contract. Demand a move and refuse to play and you can get a move. Too much player power these days! 

Every agent will be advising their players to do this to force moves through now. 

aren't you missing the point that he was apparently given assurances re a move in jan.   we should have clarified to his reps that we wouldn't sell to bottom half PL side in December so they could plan a move for him

I was happy to let him go yesterday as we don't particularly need him anyway... but having thought about it, Payet has set an extremely dangerous precedent and if the strategy catches on, it could turn into a massive problem with the players we actually really want to keep.

Just now, brucey said:

I was happy to let him go yesterday as we don't particularly need him anyway... but having thought about it, Payet has set an extremely dangerous precedent and if the strategy catches on, it could turn into a massive problem with the players we actually really want to keep.

I can honestly see a player like Gray seeing this and deciding he wants to be starting every week and so if not, then he is refusing to play until he gets a transfer just like Ulloa..  

We will end up being blackmailed by players and agents if we allow this to happen. Team before individuals. One of the key things to this, is we will be strengthening a rival too. Maybe it is better to have him stay and sulk, than set a dangerous precedent and strengthen a rival. Imagine if he starts scoring a load of crucial goals for Sunderland and we have a mere £7.5 million as they push us into the bottom 3. 

Keep him. Try to smooth things over. If not, then keep him away from the first team and sell him in the summer, on our terms. 

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Get rid and bring Hogan in, bit of a punt but I believe he's on an upward curve and will score goals in the PL. I think he could be Vardy's replacement given time.

Watched video of him and he does seem similar to Vardy. Not as pacey obviously but does make those same kind of runs and scores similar goals. 15 million seems expensive but so is every player right now. I also think we need another target man if Ulloa goes, but this is certainly better than losing Ulloa and signing no one. If Vardy's form continues, then he could find himself starting ahead of him anyway. 

If we do sell to Sunderland, then this would dampen the blow a little. Exciting, english striker and only 24. A yes from me.. 

Selling him to Sunderland is an absolute No for me. Rudkin should have made clear to his agents that we would not sell to relegation rivals - bet he didn't though. But that said, I totally understand Leo's frustration. I think he should have more game time this year actually

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

BREAKING NEWS

Sky Sources: Sunderland's third bid of £7.5m plus add-ons for Leonardo Ulloa has been rejected by Leicester. 

We understand that's Sunderland's third and final offer. 

haha, going to be so odd to maybe seeing Leo come on for Leicester tonight... ;)

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

BREAKING NEWS

Sky Sources: Sunderland's third bid of £7.5m plus add-ons for Leonardo Ulloa has been rejected by Leicester. 

Ulloa going to be sooooo pissed!! lol

He may have started tonight if not been injured too. Not all bad. 

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

BREAKING NEWS

Definitely worth a lot more than that.   The chant is still with us

If at first you don't succeed... keep trying to talk Leicester into selling

CRAIG HOPE: I understand Sunderland are still going on Leonardo Ulloa despite seeing a third bid rejected. But Leicester's stance on not selling to rival at the bottom remains the biggest obstacle. Time to move on?

13 minutes ago, Mark said:

BREAKING NEWS

Good.

Now can we let him go to someone who isn't a direct rival?

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:
If at first you don't succeed... keep trying to talk Leicester into selling

CRAIG HOPE: I understand Sunderland are still going on Leonardo Ulloa despite seeing a third bid rejected. But Leicester's stance on not selling to rival at the bottom remains the biggest obstacle. Time to move on?

What Sunderland are still attempting to do is make the player force the move, as they have from the start.

Whatever the histrionics we'd be irresponsible to sell to a relegation rival - as Sunderland would be if in the same situation.

And we've no need to sell for a Mickey Mouse bid either as seems to be the approach from abroad.

Ulloa would be faced with two choices. Do his best or stay at home.

I still believe we treated him badlly in a football sense but the bloke should rise above it. Things can change dramatically in football.     

Archived