Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxxed

The Humble Pie thread

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

No-one was wrong to criticise anything recently, we've been absolutely terrible.

Today was absolutely fantastic but it doesn't change the past.

Yes, constructive criticism is useful....
"Sack the manager, sack the captain, sack the players, sack Filbert, sack the Monks... sack everybody and run around with your head in your hands" is neither constructive nor useful. (not saying you said these things but TOO many did)

4 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Yes, constructive criticism is useful....
"Sack the manager, sack the captain, sack the players, sack Filbert, sack the Monks... sack everybody and run around with your head in your hands" is neither constructive nor useful. (not saying you said these things but TOO many did)

Some of these comments were ridiculous

Every one should know that the monks are unsackable

Apologies if posted before or somewhere else. From Guardian/Observer online:

Claudio Ranieri was not about to get carried away with his team’s victory. They had started the match one point above the relegation zone and the manager stopped short of declaring this a turning point. “This is just a little step because we now we have to think about the next match. We will be able to tell in two or three months whether it’s a turning point, now it’s too early. For this reason I want to wait for the next two matches, ” he said.

Ranieri said a post-Porto inquest following their midweek defeat helped to inspire the reigning champions. “We spoke a lot about everything but this time the words go in the right direction, not only mine. The players contributed,” Ranieri said.

“We must be upset with our performance [in Porto] because it wasn’t good enough and the fans are always behind us. It’s important to say: ‘We are here.’

“It’s important the players feel better, with more confidence because we can do this.”

We played to our strengths so did Man City and it was a great day and hopefully something that will kick start our PL season. We have no God given right to win every game we play in the scheme of things he have not got a given right to be in this division. Last season we witnessed something that will probably never happen again in our lifetimes and it was our team. It is hard to believe a smaller club can get into the top 4 let alone win the league. This season we are a team everybody wants to beat and they are wise to us and our counter attacking play and the injuries we avoided last season have hit us this. Not sure about humble pie being eaten but some of the reaction and hysterics on here is a bit cringe worthy.

We go on about Foxes never quite and Fearless and that includes the fans as well. We screamed for loyalty from the players and better contracts and when we got it people started to moan the club cant win. Claudio will go down as our best manager ever yet people want him out after a few bad games. Having never been in the Champions league it is hard to understand how much it has taken out of the team and squad but look at Spurs this season and indeed how many seasons it took Man City to move out of the group stages, stop and think how much and how many changes they made to move on to the next level and things are not so bad. We have a last 16 CL game to look forward to and a couple of months to get our league form together and a few weeks before we can strengthen. Some might of thought we were Barcelona last season and maybe they still think we are.

I don't think anyone needs a slice for criticizing players or manager. The performances have been dire and unacceptable.

But the total over reaction by some warrant it. The bring back NP and get big Sam comments were beyond a joke.

12 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

No-one was wrong to criticise anything recently, we've been absolutely terrible.

Today was absolutely fantastic but it doesn't change the past.

If done constructively, objectively or even humorously (recent performances have been as risible as they have wretched) - then, I agree. 

When the criticism is ill informed, speculative or as vitriolic as some of it has been on here lately, then yes, it is wrong. Calls for the managers head and the appointment of Sam ****ing Allardyce are frankly unfathomable. Also some personal attacks have been unnecessary and in some cases unwarranted. 

Jeffrey Schlupp however is fair game.

Another total over reaction the other way thread.

Let's be honest that was a poor man city side. The defence is a shambles. You can't play like that in this country and unless pep realises that quickly he's on a hiding to nothing.

And the keeper is a clown. So let's not get too carried away.

Back it up with 4 points from the next 2 aways and back to back home wins v Everton and West ham 2 teams also struggling for form and things will look a lot brighter. But with teams around us winning games or picking up points we still look bang in trouble at the minute.

I'll stick by what I said- there was no desire or purpose about our recent performances, and Ranieri needed to get it right ASAP.

Yesterday was just the beginning though, we need to carry on those sort of performances to drag ourselves out of it.

The players looked well up for it yesterday which is all I wanted to see, irrespective of the result. I'll apologise for starting to think they weren't up for the scrap.

12 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Another total over reaction the other way thread.

Let's be honest that was a poor man city side. The defence is a shambles. You can't play like that in this country and unless pep realises that quickly he's on a hiding to nothing.

And the keeper is a clown. So let's not get too carried away.

Back it up with 4 points from the next 2 aways and back to back home wins v Everton and West ham 2 teams also struggling for form and things will look a lot brighter. But with teams around us winning games or picking up points we still look bang in trouble at the minute.

Agree with your points about the next four games being important, and that we are still in serious trouble. But you are over the top with regard your comments on Man City. Until losing at Chelsea they had won 6 from 6 on the road. 

They are a fabulous team but today we were good enough to beat them well.

if we can secure 4 more points by this time next week then the Foxestalk forum will be in fully in the Christmas spirit. Although Weller54, probably not

2 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Agree with your points about the next four games being important, and that we are still in serious trouble. But you are over the top with regard your comments on Man City. Until losing at Chelsea they had won 6 from 6 on the road. 

if we can secure 4 more points by this time next week then the Foxestalk forum will be in fully in the Christmas spirit. Although Weller54, probably not

You could also switch it the other way they have won about 4 in 13. Not the form of champions. That was a shambles yesterday and the fact is they are good going forward although clearly dependant on augero but poor at the back and keepers a joke.

I'm pleased for vardy and hope it brings some much needed confidence and shows the work rate we need to show every week like last season.

But I won't proclaim us world beaters of the back of one result.

7 hours ago, bpfox said:

take away the 1st 20 mins and really we played as bad as we have done all season. on another day city could have scored 6 or 7 goals. we continue to give away posse ion far to easily also we lose out on any balls that are 70% or less in tackles. we are in need of a quality midfielder who can shield and hold the ball up. in saying that the 1st 20 mins was great to watch but what happened to the next 70 mins. 

Your first sentance is totally incorrect. 

Your final sentance tells me you are new to the sport. 

What happened in the next 70 minutes was, us playing well to defend a lead against a side who has had hundreds of millions of £ notes spent on it over the last 5 years or so while we remain, by and large a team of 'rejects'and journeymen who have been abysmal all season long.

Despite the possession stats (which we confounded last season), we were worthy winners after a very good performance.

7 hours ago, bpfox said:

take away the 1st 20 mins and really we played as bad as we have done all season. on another day city could have scored 6 or 7 goals. we continue to give away posse ion far to easily also we lose out on any balls that are 70% or less in tackles. we are in need of a quality midfielder who can shield and hold the ball up. in saying that the 1st 20 mins was great to watch but what happened to the next 70 mins. 

Absolute drivel. The only thing you got right is that we could have scored six or seven (they aren't city, especially not on here). It took them until the 82nd minute to have a shot on target, the defensive performance was excellent - as it was last season, force them out wide and deal with the crosses, and until the daft free kick, the most they ever got was a shot blocked within a couple of yards.

as for losing out on challenges, what game were you watching? Our first goal came from a fifty fifty header with huth, the second from a scramble in their box, intercepting a loose pass to get us away for the third and fourth, not to mention slimanis chance at the end of the first half because King beat two man city players to a loose ball.

9 hours ago, Moksky said:

Would love you to, you ought be sick on it. You wanted him out and were banging on it about it all week. 

Lol. Was wondering where that thread went. Nothing would make me happier than to be proved wrong. Fans want to see a team putting in the right effort. If the manager is not getting that out of the players he is the first to go. Effort doesn't mean winning each game. One game, let's see how that goes on. Now go pick up Top's towels or something.

Last season Claudio showed he could say the right things to keep the momentum moving forward. 

I was happy he was typically dismissive of the idea this can be called a turning point based on the result of one match. We need to  build on this and keep similar performances going forwards.

People have criticised the formation and partnerships (particularly in midfield and up front), yet as we know all managers seem reluctant to change the style of play they are used to. Ranieri has always been a fan of 442 even though he chopped and changed more back in his Chelsea days. Its a formation that seems to work with us though, I can recall historic success using the same system, and I think our January targets are there with this system in mind. The midfield partnership was made with virtually the only pair left fully fit and available for selection.

For me though it's the desire that's been missing in the league. I'm less bothered by the result than the commitment the players show. We haven't seemed like the same team right from the Hull game, and you might argue we lost an important component of last season when Kante left for Chelsea. But the rest of the team played its socks off week in week out last season, closing opposition down, pressing in the middle of the pitch, winning not just 50-50 balls but quite often balls we had no right to win by continuously fighting right from the front. 

I've seen glimpses this season but the start of this game we seemed to have timewarped back to last season. Those first 25 minutes yesterday we had Manchester City pegged back, flustered and 3 goals down, and several good chances for a 4th before halftime. Our players wanted the ball more.

And like last season we were clever about what we did with the ball. Every time Man City went forward we defended as a unit. Think back to how easily we have been carved open this season. Man City didn't have a shot on target for over 80 mins. The commentators kept showing possession stats and passes etc, all Man City dominating, but they never went anywhere. We'd win the ball back and look dangerous every time.

If we can keep the players fired up and hungry for more success, then the results will come. I'd rather we play with that same desire all season and lose games than see some of the performances we've seen at times this season, but I think if we play like that (yes we'll encounter better defences), w then we will win a lot more than we don't and soon climb the table again.

Hoping Vardy builds on this. No more anonymous games please Jamie. Hoping Amartey and King give Ranieri a pleasant selection headache and they fight Mendy and Drinkwater for a starting place (and it was nice to see James get a few mins out there too). I honestly think though if King is playing and he has a good game the whole rest of the team plays well. And was great to finally see the Vardy Slimani partnership working. I got worried we'd be overrun in midfield without Okazaki. 

I don't care about the selection or formation though. We have a bit more depth than last season and we can change personal if needed. It's the desire I want to see staying the same. More of that please Claudio and you'll have few complaints from me.

56 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

yeh... we will hear santa let me down

with prezzies etc....sack him, give fat Sam a white beard and the job drivel.

This is a football forum. All the years I've been on, it's been full of immense praise after one win or damning criticism after one loss. It's how it is and I've gotten used to it.

The posts that pee me off are the ones that are highly negative, with no explanation of why the poster thinks this.

Recent ones have been of Andy King. Only a few days ago, there were people literally posting on here that he's been sponging a living from the club for years. Personally, I see him as a club legend. One of the consistent players throughout tons of teams, managers and divisions. The 'such and such is shite' type posts, written by people with seemingly the intellectual capacity of a horse, are the ones that bore me to tears.

If people give criticism, explain why they give it and look to ideas to rectify problems. I see no problem with that whatsoever. It's a football forum.

As true as eggs is eggs, if we now go to Bournemouth on Tuesday and get spanked, the whole tide of opinion will turn once more and this thread will start to gather dust in the archives of FT. Until we next have a win. Etc....

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This is a football forum. All the years I've been on, it's been full of immense praise after one win or damning criticism after one loss. It's how it is and I've gotten used to it.

The posts that pee me off are the ones that are highly negative, with no explanation of why the poster thinks this.

Recent ones have been of Andy King. Only a few days ago, there were people literally posting on here that he's been sponging a living from the club for years. Personally, I see him as a club legend. One of the consistent players throughout tons of teams, managers and divisions. The 'such and such is shite' type posts, written by people with seemingly the intellectual capacity of a horse, are the ones that bore me to tears.

If people give criticism, explain why they give it and look to ideas to rectify problems. I see no problem with that whatsoever. It's a football forum.

As true as eggs is eggs, if we now go to Bournemouth on Tuesday and get spanked, the whole tide of opinion will turn once more and this thread will start to gather dust in the archives of FT. Until we next have a win. Etc....

so if we do lose to Bournemouth, will you be coming back on repeatedly to say it's all that Amartey blokes fault yet again...

and things like get fat Sam in like you said after Sunderland last week.

a little bit hypocritical of  you grumbling of the

many that have been negative.

and saying as long as all the negativity is constructive is OK I disagree

it's the Leicester city roller coaster, enjoy the ride.

15 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

So many cowards and glory hunters on this forum if they all stood up and apologised there would be 100 pages in no time 

honestly .... doubting Thomas must have been a Fox ! 

14 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

lol 

see GOV ....cowards and glory hunters lol 

Image result for that put you in your place

By this...

14 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

No. I was delighted by their performance. I think you couldn't be more wrong in matter of fact i don't really care about what you could think . You should be proud to have fans from all over the world instead of putting everyone who signed in after may 2015 (2016) in the glory hunter category.

The glory hunters are long gone and taking the piss every time Leicester fall on their face now. IMHO the people who still post here despite having no direct bound to Leicester (except SOME algerian fans) and the horrible performances until today are genuinely caring about this team.

I only believe what I see and am not so easily carried away. Today was a delightful performance, let's see how they handle the next games.

Archived