Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

SEVILLA!

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Watching Sevilla now v Espanol...

Nzonzi looks so good and runs the midfield.. Ndidi will have his work cut out trying to match him!.. 

Think we're going get a spanking! 

Repeat after me in a Martin Luther King Stylee...." I BELIEVE....I BELIEVE".....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/spain/articles/seville-city-break-in-winter-guide/amp/?client=ms-android-oneplus

Nice article about the city for those of you who are going and are interested in looking around.

The bar it mentions on the balcony of the Dona Maria hotel is probably my favourite in the world. Quite expensive for Seville but you could just sit there all night with the view.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/1/2017 at 15:42, coolcol said:

We have sold out our tickets so what are the chances of buying tickets in the Seville end ?

I don't think any true fan would miss this match. From what I heard all available tickets were sold out within hours so I guess the only chance is somebody with a season ticket (and financial issues) trying to get a good deal for the match. Probably in the stadium sorroundings you could give it a try, but I would never recommend that option. Sorry.

On 29/1/2017 at 15:39, Thracian said:

It's also supposed to be the warmest city in Spain so even in February the game could be quite demanding if we're under the pressure I expect. These lads can play and their fans make an art form of pressurising referees.

The fish and paella are to die for, so I'm told,  and the cafe atmosphere just perfect for soaking up such splendid surroundings! :)

Last week our major fan group called Biris were shut down by the goverment due to some violent incidents. A total shame as the stupid bastards that did that did not represent the whole group but authorities had no compassion at all. It is a big point for you guys. Our crowd last match was like "dead" beacause of this, the atmosphere was not the same and the entire old called Biris where mute the whole match as a protest. Result: a draw against Villareal and first time losing points at home since November :(

Please don't order paella in Sevilla. That's mainly in Valencia area, around 500 miles away. They will rip you off for something not worth it. Ask and search for any decent tapas bar! TripAdvisor is your friend.

52 minutes ago, azazel_iii said:

Please don't order paella in Sevilla. That's mainly in Valencia area, around 500 miles away. They will rip you off for something not worth it. Ask and search for any decent tapas bar! TripAdvisor is your friend.

I've seen people mention wanting sangria while they're in Seville too. I don't remember ever seeing sangria when I've been to Seville. Is this is a similar case to the paella?

23 minutes ago, Watson said:

I've seen people mention wanting sangria while they're in Seville too. I don't remember ever seeing sangria when I've been to Seville. Is this is a similar case to the paella?

Yep you're right, Sangria is another Spanish topic we must suffer hehe. Avoid places where sangria is available in Sevilla. :D It means it is targeted for tourists and unless is what you are looking for I would avoid it. Again, for eating city centre and look for tapas bars: Eslava, Dos de Mayo, Bodeguita Antonio Romero,  etc. Any place far enough from the Cathedral (the most tourist place in Seville) should be good. Whenever you see plenty of Spanish people, go in there it is a good sign ;-)

15 minutes ago, azazel_iii said:

Yep you're right, Sangria is another Spanish topic we must suffer hehe. Avoid places where sangria is available in Sevilla. :D It means it is targeted for tourists and unless is what you are looking for I would avoid it. Again, for eating city centre and look for tapas bars: Eslava, Dos de Mayo, Bodeguita Antonio Romero,  etc. Any place far enough from the Cathedral (the most tourist place in Seville) should be good. Whenever you see plenty of Spanish people, go in there it is a good sign ;-)

Bar Yebra was one of the best places I've been to in Spain. The food was incredible but it's a little way out of the city.

Fuengirola is where I'll be in a subtle LCFC Shirt or Sevilla.

In a bar watching the team destroy all my hopes of getting to see them play in Cardiff.................. June

Then, hopefully they will come back win seven league games and destroy my hopes of seeing them play in Cardiff next season.

Win Win for me  :thumbup:

Greetings, I live in Tenerife and follow Spanish football and especially the fan scene. As "azazel" mentioned it will be a strange atmosphere in Sevilla for the match. Shame in a way as Sevilla is one of the best in Spain(alot better than Madrid or Barca) but the Ultras called "Biris Norte" are not now in the stadium, talking about 5.000 fans . It is like Anfield without The Kop or Borrusia Dortmund without the "Yellow wall" for example. 

The rest of the Sevilla supporters on the night will be okay for sure as it is a big game but it will be nothing like it would have been. 

The worst part is the problems do not stop there; there seems to be a split within their Ultras - the young more politicalised ones (very left-wing) and more casual/ultra inclined against the older Ultras who are more for the passion of Sevilla CF/tifos/singing etc. 

The older ones are fuming that they have been expelled from the stadium due to the actions of 30 who attacked Juventus fans in a bar prior to their Champions League game last year. These problems mainly lead from this incident as the court rulings have just been declared. 

Without wanting to sound too dramatic, its going to be a very tense night around the Sanchez Pizcuan. Their Ultras will be there outside to cheer the team into the stadium as they always do. There may always be a last minute solution so I will keep you informed. 

2 minutes ago, Chris Tenerife said:

Greetings, I live in Tenerife and follow Spanish football and especially the fan scene. As "azazel" mentioned it will be a strange atmosphere in Sevilla for the match. Shame in a way as Sevilla is one of the best in Spain(alot better than Madrid or Barca) but the Ultras called "Biris Norte" are not now in the stadium, talking about 5.000 fans . It is like Anfield without The Kop or Borrusia Dortmund without the "Yellow wall" for example. 

The rest of the Sevilla supporters on the night will be okay for sure as it is a big game but it will be nothing like it would have been. 

The worst part is the problems do not stop there; there seems to be a split within thier Ultras - the young more politicalised ones (very left-wing) and more casual/ultra inclined against the older Ultras who are more for the passion of Sevilla CF/tifos/singing etc. 

The older ones are fuming that they have been expelled from the stadium due to the actions of 30 who attacked Juventus fans in a bar prior to their Champions League game last year. These problmes all come from this as the court rulings have just been declared. 

Without wanting to sound too dramatic, its going to be a very tense night around the Sanchez Pizcuan. Their Ultras will be there outside to cheer the team into the stadium as they always do. There may always be a last minute solution so I will keep you informed. 

Sounds like they have a problem with violent ultras, as I'm guessing that's when the 3 juve fans were stabbed.

im going with the kids, any places to avoid, so can avoid trouble area's

49 minutes ago, Chris Tenerife said:

The worst part is the problems do not stop there; there seems to be a split within their Ultras - the young more politicalised ones (very left-wing) and more casual/ultra inclined against the older Ultras who are more for the passion of Sevilla CF/tifos/singing etc. 

The older ones are fuming that they have been expelled from the stadium due to the actions of 30 who attacked Juventus fans in a bar prior to their Champions League game last year. These problems mainly lead from this incident as the court rulings have just been declared. 

Insert Danny Dyer "I am fcuking shitting myself" GIF here.

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Not liking the sound of 5000 home ultras locked out of their ground and wandering the streets. 

It's only football - and LCFC at that - just chill my Spanish friend!!! Can someone translate that in Spanish as it will undoubtedly calm any problems??

Ha ha. Well if you did not know the Biris Sevilla fans do not liked to be called "Spanish" as they are radical Andalucians and want Independance for the region. Best thing to say is just "tranquilo amigo"(calm down my friend). 

Some funny things have been happening in Spanish football recently. Fans after travelling 100's of miles for matches aboard coaches have been turned around and sent back to their cities by police, no ifs no buts. If you complain you get a 3000€ fine and a year ban. Only last Wednesday all Atletico Madrid fans entering the Nou Camp fornthe semi final vs Barcelona had their Spanish flags confiscated. 

I am sure that some of those 5.000 will get tickets in other parts of the ground in smaller groups. On a different note if it rains there is no cover.  Umbrellas not always allowed! 

14 hours ago, azazel_iii said:

Not going myself but this is all very useful for those that are and I'm sure that we're all grateful for your time and trouble. It's what proper football supporters are all about!

Won yesterday at las palmas by 1-0 and have another away game at mid table betis on Saturday. 2 points behind Barca but Madrid with their two games in hand would look to be too far ahead.  Seeing as anyone going out there is not doing so for the nature of a competitive football game, the good news is the weather looks set fair with temps in the mid sixties! 

On 23/01/2017 at 10:51, azazel_iii said:

Hi all,

First of all I am a Sevilla FC fan who has been reading through this thread for a few weeks now. Coming here to check what are the feelings on the other side now that the first tie is close to happen ;-) 

Can't say nothing bad about what I am reading here. You look a fantastic fan crowd so far. In fact I am very pleased about how much respect our team seems to have earnt (probably deserved too) in the past decade because we are being named as favourite in many places. We don't feel it that way though.

About our side... well in Spain in general most people were really happy to see you guys winning the Premier last year, demonstrating how courage and fighting can get you anywhere. I loved the Vardy is having a party thing.  Amazing achivement what you did last year. We are now running also for the title and know how hard it is to fight against colosus of football like Barca and Real Madrid. Back to the knockout phase between our teams, when the draw picked your team I was not happy. You were one of the teams I did not want because our team suffers against counter attacks and last year you were very impressive. True this year you're not performing the same but any night that can come back, I hope is not against us.

We are a very strong team at home and any team suffers to get points out of here and that's been true in the past years as the fans get mental and are passionat, putting a lot of pressure in the oponent team, referees and supporting our team. Those who come here will see is a fantastic ambient  and whatever the result of the game is I think you will get an amazing experience from here. Away our performance in the past years has been terrible but this year thanks to our great coach mentality we are taking it back and that's why we are second in La Liga. Something I don't like is we are now at the peek of our performance and Leicester seems to be on the bottom and that's normally dangerous. Anyways the general feeling is we need to try getting a great result on the first tie as we do want do something great in Champions League this season. Last two times in CL we did a poor performance due to lack of intensity in the game. I don't think this will happen again and will face the tie with full respect against the champion of the Premier.

About the city, amazing food, great tapas and driking very is quite cheap. Normally the stadium sorroundings are full of people (including myself) drinking and having fan prior the match. I recommend a tour for the city centre to get a feeling about what it can offer, especially if you are staying a few days.

How to get to the city. I guess a lot of people have figure it out already but hope this helps somebody. If you can't get a direct flight to Seville I strongly recommend Malaga. For British should not be an issue as plenty of airports have flights to Malaga. From there probably the best is hiring a car directly in the airport as it is just about 2 hours driving on a highway. There is also a direct connection from the airport to the main train station in Malaga where you could pick a train to Sevilla, but that depends a lot on the time tables so I still would go with the car hiring. Other options could be Jerez and Faro, which are really close too but from Portugal (Faro) you need to pay tolls on the highway.

I thank that's all I wanted to say. What a brick I wrote :P

Anyways, good luck and I hope the one who deserves wins!

Are you an Englishman,

your typed English is to good for that of a Spanish person,and all the info you have gave is what we all know now having had 2 months to prepare for the game,

sounds more like a city fan trying to be clever :unsure:

52 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Are you an Englishman,

your typed English is to good for that of a Spanish person,and all the info you have gave is what we all know now having had 2 months to prepare for the game,

sounds more like a city fan trying to be clever :unsure:

The fact that the spelling and grammar is so good surely rules out most from FoxesTalk? I think the claim of being a Sevilla supporter seems much more plausible. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Won yesterday at las palmas by 1-0 and have another away game at mid table betis on Saturday. 2 points behind Barca but Madrid with their two games in hand would look to be too far ahead.  Seeing as anyone going out there is not doing so for the nature of a competitive football game, the good news is the weather looks set fair with temps in the mid sixties! 

They play Eibar at home on Saturday.

just enjoy the games against Sevilla and savour them, we won't be in the Champions league anytime soon after so enjoy them, get behind the team and then we can look back on the memories! because at the moment we won't be going near the champions league again!

Archived