Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

SEVILLA!

8 minutes ago, Chris Tenerife said:

Just a footnote about the Sevilla fans that were caught in the trouble against Juventus back in November. 

16 were arrested and have been fined 60.000€ each (not a misprint), about 50k, and banned from any sports stadium for five years. 

How do the authorities plan to get 60,000 euros out of them each Chris?

It's not that the players have been more up for it, it's because we played two championship standard teams and our extra class showed.

Hopefully the fans go and treat it as a party as it's the only way you will be able to enjoy. Go there, get drunk, chant all game regardless of what's going happening on the pitch.

I'm sure we'll have a man sent off and I'm sure we'll be pasted. The way Spanish games go though, I would expect us to get a few chances on counter attacks so we could have something like a 5-2 or something crazy.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's not that the players have been more up for it, it's because we played two championship standard teams and our extra class showed.

Hopefully the fans go and treat it as a party as it's the only way you will be able to enjoy. Go there, get drunk, chant all game regardless of what's going happening on the pitch.

I'm sure we'll have a man sent off and I'm sure we'll be pasted. The way Spanish games go though, I would expect us to get a few chances on counter attacks so we could have something like a 5-2 or something crazy.

Us score 2 goals? What are you taking and can I have some please?

Stop ****ing moaning. 

This is Champions league. Embrace it as we won't be seeing it again. 

I'm going, ticketless, and I'll be ****ing enjoying myself.

A welcome distraction from a shambolic league season.

I hope he drops certain players so we stand a chance.

13 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

We honestly need to just pull out of this. It will be too embarrassing and the players don't deserve an occasion like this anyway. We could also do without the 2 extra games,  one of which will be a dead rubber anyway.

As if we'd pull out - don't be daft..

The players deserve the occasion for winning the PL last year and for coming top of our (easy) group. We qualified because we were outstanding last season, regardless of how shite this we've been this season. I can't believe people think we could 'do without' these two games against Sevilla. I've waited all my life as a City fan for this chance and we'll probably never get it again.

Enjoy it, savour it, drink it all in, remember it and as long as the team do their best, that's all we can ask.

The whole point of club football is to pit your wits against the best teams in Europe. We've earnt the right so let's not dismiss it and render it worthless please.

4 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Stop ****ing moaning. 

This is Champions league. Embrace it as we won't be seeing it again. 

I'm going, ticketless, and I'll be ****ing enjoying myself.

A welcome distraction from a shambolic league season.

I hope he drops certain players so we stand a chance.

Completely agree with this whole post. It's what me and my mates are going to do.

30 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

As if we'd pull out - don't be daft..

The players deserve the occasion for winning the PL last year and for coming top of our (easy) group. We qualified because we were outstanding last season, regardless of how shite this we've been this season. I can't believe people think we could 'do without' these two games against Sevilla. I've waited all my life as a City fan for this chance and we'll probably never get it again.

Enjoy it, savour it, drink it all in, remember it and as long as the team do their best, that's all we can ask.

The whole point of club football is to pit your wits against the best teams in Europe. We've earnt the right so let's not dismiss it and render it worthless please.

No I know they won't actually as you can't get away with it sadly. I'm with you on the fans deserving the occasion. The fans don't deserve to have to watch what they will be put through. Of course they're not going to do their best, there's an obvious lack of professional pride and no belief amongst them. They dont give a toss and why would they when they get all their wages either way? 

The players deserve fvck all except maybe a good slap.

3 hours ago, Libertine said:

We are going to get mauled. Kind of regretting getting tickets to the home leg as think we'll be out of it already but seeing as it's the only time we'll ever be in the CL might as well. :ph34r:

We'll get slaughtered in the first leg... 6-0!

This is going to be embarrassing.  
And for those ***** who say "How can it be embarrassing, saying we're in the Champions League?" - just fûck off.  We all know this season has turned into a ****ing joke.

Ranieri has done nothing to strengthen this team.  It may be Rudkin's roll to 'bring in the new players' - but if I'm the manager of somewhere and my balls are on the line, I do whatever the **** it takes to succeed.  

2 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

This is going to be embarrassing.  
And for those ***** who say "How can it be embarrassing, saying we're in the Champions League?" - just fûck off.  We all know this season has turned into a ****ing joke.

Ranieri has done nothing to strengthen this team.  It may be Rudkin's roll to 'bring in the new players' - but if I'm the manager of somewhere and my balls are on the line, I do whatever the **** it takes to succeed.  

Get back to football manager then and sort your team.

how the hell can people not be looking forward to these two games?! What's saying Sevilla won't go in with the completely wrong frame of mind? What's saying that we won't play like we did against Man City? 

And last of all you're a fan nothing else, you can't change it, you have absolutely no control over any of it, all you can do is support them and encourage nothing else, so maybe try that for a change. 

52 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Get back to football manager then and sort your team.

how the hell can people not be looking forward to these two games?! What's saying Sevilla won't go in with the completely wrong frame of mind? What's saying that we won't play like we did against Man City? 

And last of all you're a fan nothing else, you can't change it, you have absolutely no control over any of it, all you can do is support them and encourage nothing else, so maybe try that for a change. 

I've been to Hereford away and even Swindon away in the pissing down rain, stood next to the guy who played Ian Beale's son, as we threw away a 2-0 lead late on and applauded the team as they trudged off.  I supported them before that when they were on the decline too.  And last season when they pulled off a miracle.  So you don't need to question my ability to support this club.

I'll support LCFC forever.  

However, I'm not supporting the laid back approach that Ranieri has adopted to getting ready for this season and/or Rudkin's inability to properly strengthen our team. We've spent circa £80m and we're 2 points off the bottom of the league.  We've lost to Burnley and Swansea away in recent weeks.  We've lost the last 5 league games and haven't scored a league goal in 2017.  How on earth am I supposed to look forward to Sevilla away right now?!  Seriously?  

21 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

I've been to Hereford away and even Swindon away in the pissing down rain, stood next to the guy who played Ian Beale's son, as we threw away a 2-0 lead late on and applauded the team as they trudged off.  I supported them before that when they were on the decline too.  And last season when they pulled off a miracle.  So you don't need to question my ability to support this club.

I'll support LCFC forever.  

However, I'm not supporting the laid back approach that Ranieri has adopted to getting ready for this season and/or Rudkin's inability to properly strengthen our team. We've spent circa £80m and we're 2 points off the bottom of the league.  We've lost to Burnley and Swansea away in recent weeks.  We've lost the last 5 league games and haven't scored a league goal in 2017.  How on earth am I supposed to look forward to Sevilla away right now?!  Seriously?  

cool story bro.... so you've support Leicester in some absolute dire situations and you picked you self up after a terrible result in SWINDON but you can't get up for a champs league last 16 game?! Yes we've spent money who hasn't?? money means nothing in the prem  you could spend 800m and still win go to teams and get smashed. The players are human and their confidence is shattered. it's not as easier as it sounds to turn round that easy anyone knows this. Just back them enjoy Sevilla, like you said you've been there done it, it will get better but being so bitter and angry, honestly it's not worth it! Like I said you can't change it so just embrace it. 

We've got to get something to hold on to going in to the second leg at home.

Even a narrow 2-1 defeat gives us a glimmer of hope.

They'll be nervous if they come knowing they have to get a result in front of 30,000 loud leicester fans on a midweek European night. (We need to play our part too!)

Easier said than done though, Sevilla's record against English teams is formidable and we are currently the worst. If we get pasted 4-0, I can't begin to imagine how flat that home game is going to be.

Let's keep the faith though 

3 minutes ago, TK95 said:

We've got to get something to hold on to going in to the second leg at home.

Even a narrow 2-1 defeat gives us a glimmer of hope.

They'll be nervous if they come knowing they have to get a result in front of 30,000 loud leicester fans on a midweek European night. (We need to play our part too!)

Easier said than done though, Sevilla's record against English teams is formidable and we are currently the worst. If we get pasted 4-0, I can't begin to imagine how flat that home game is going to be.

Let's keep the faith though 

I'd rip your arm off for a 2-1 defeat.  They're slightly better than Swansea.

Its the biggest game in the clubs history absolutely buzzing for it.

A proper European test after the fairly weak group.

A one off two legs where the players can forget all their troubles (and huge bank balances) and just give it their all with a football.

We will never see Leicester play knockout Champions League football in our lifetimes ever again so got to make the most of this and enjoy.

Our woeful form will have Sevilla dropping their guard hopefully, they'll be expecting a very easy first leg which it might be for them but we could show up suddenly and do something like we did last season. 3-1 win at Man City, 2-1 loss at Arsenal last minute. I'd take that. 

Archived