Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OllieLodge96

Marc Albrighton

I hate it when we Leicester get dammmed with feint praise...  

'work rate' 'passion' 'desire'

We are quality and we have quality players capable of quality play...

Marc epitomises what people don't understand about this team.   Yes, he 'puts in a shift', but, he's a fine quality player, capable of taking on a player and fllaoating in the sweetest of sweet crosses...

He's great and we are lucky to have him

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

yeah makes you wonder what was instucted of him by CR because he looked dogshit, but now his mr energy  

The strange thing is the players were great under Ranieri for the title win season yet this season were shocking. What could have changed so much in so little time. Even more so now they are all playin great again...

I think it will always remain a mystery but Ranieri must have been doing something very wrong for so many players to have changed so much.

Just now, adejo92 said:

The strange thing is the players were great under Ranieri for the title win season yet this season were shocking. What could have changed so much in so little time. Even more so now they are all playin great again...

I think it will always remain a mystery but Ranieri must have been doing something very wrong for so many players to have changed so much.

must of been a defensive instructions, which collectively the player disagreed with plus personally i think dropping Shinzi after winning the league raised a few eyebrows.

The mantra " if its not broke dont fix it springs to mind"

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

must of been a defensive instructions, which collectively the player disagreed with plus personally i think dropping Shinzi after winning the league raised a few eyebrows.

Certainly seems the case. Either way, sacking him could have gone 2 ways and luckily it went the good way!

4 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

If Mahrez had put that cross in for Huth's goal everyone would be banging on about it.

Albrighton is consistently one of our most underrated players but Shakey obviously has faith in him.

He put a massive shift in today and worked his bollux off. His passes and crosses don't always come off, but you can't fault his work rate and effort.

He's a very valuable member of our team and I'm delighted he's found his form again... 

The Mahrez that has been slated all year long?

Don't think Albrighton has ever not been a fan favourite, has he? I mean he's been shit for most of this year but I've never known anyone not appreciate his work rate and his professionalism.

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't think Albrighton has ever not been a fan favourite, has he? I mean he's been shit for most of this year but I've never known anyone not appreciate his work rate and his professionalism.

Comments like 'fat bastard', 'fraud' and 'waste of a player' on this thread may suggest otherwise...

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

Comments like 'fat bastard', 'fraud' and 'waste of a player' on this thread may suggest otherwise...

Pick out any player thread and it's full of stupid comments like that from retards after bad games. Or if you're Col, after they've had a blinder.

You'll find loads of people calling for him to play in match threads throughout the year and most of the season ticket holders I know love him.

Give me a worker any day and you'll see someone who makes mistakes. That's the nature of workers and Triers. I've loved Mark since he settled into the Team under Pearson. Good players make the simple things look easy. That's why very often they go unnoticed. The quality of his Goal against Seville was of the highest order. The confidence and level of skill he displayed by taking the Ball on his Chest ( inside the Box) controlling with his right to wrong foot the Keeper and score with his left. Is why I believe he is one of the first names on the Team sheet every week.

3 hours ago, martyn said:

Of all the improved performances since CR left, Albrighton's (along with Fuchs) form has seen the most dramatic turnaround.

Agreed - not sure what they were told to do by Claudio this season (I assume Fuchs and Simpson were told not to cross the half way line) - but have been excellent post-Ranieri

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Both Shinji and Albrighton were v important for the team balance last year, and I read somewhere that CR seeming to look to ease them out of the first XI did cause tension in the dressing room.

Marc has defensive and offensive qualities, it's just a bit sad that the inverted winger thing limits his undoubted crossing ability.

Been absolutely sensational recently. Even beating his "great escape" form atm. His assist was pure filth.

No idea how he's never even been given a chance for a run out for England in a friendly given some of the crap that's been picked ahead of him the past couple of years!

This guy is quality for us when given a bit of freedom. He has suffered this season exactly like Mahrez in that under Claudio he only ever received the ball in his own half and was therefore ineffective, but since the change he had shown his creativity and ability overall without compromising his defensive abilities.

Sure, he's not as good as Mahrez in terms of pure ability and never will be, but at his best he has done enough to be a constant starter over Demarai until Demarai can improve on what Albrighton brings to the team.

7 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

One of the greatest ever signings in my lifetime, I'm 32. And certainly the best ever free signing we have made. It's criminal he does not have an England cap or 5.

That could be a fun thread…

Best free signing ever…

Albrighton v Fuchs…. I'm a big Albrighton fan, but, love the Fuchs too!!!!

any other names to throw into the pot?  Cambiasso? 

He has been our best ever free transfer. Since he's arrived he's been instrumental in the great escape, winning the title and was our first ever scorer in the Champions League. Villa meanwhile languish in the Championship.

On top of all this he's a great person too. Delighted he's playing so well!

Archived