Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OllieLodge96

Marc Albrighton

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He has been our best ever free transfer. Since he's arrived he's been instrumental in the great escape, winning the title and was our first ever scorer in the Champions League. Villa meanwhile languish in the Championship.

On top of all this he's a great person too. Delighted he's playing so well!

Between him and Fuchs.

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He has been our best ever free transfer. Since he's arrived he's been instrumental in the great escape, winning the title and was our first ever scorer in the Champions League.

And, up until this point, our last too!

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

And, up until this point, our last too!

That's a point.

I joked he could end up being our last (if Sevilla knicked it) during the game. 

It's just occurred to me that given the odds of Atletico nil-ing us, he still could well be.

Just now, Finnegan said:

That's a point.

I joked he could end up being our last (if Sevilla knicked it) during the game. 

It's just occurred to me that given the odds of Atletico nil-ing us, he still could well be.

Have faith - it's going to be amazing :)

7 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

When he puts in crosses like he did yesterday it's really difficult to see how he hasn't been selected for England. Probably the hardest worker in the hardest working team in the country. He's only 27 too and seems loyal to us, so it's only good news for the coming seasons

He's one of those players you could easily see being here another 8 or 9 years and racking up 350-400 appearances for us.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was the last of the title winning side to leave us/retire.

3 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Amazing how Villa didn't deem him good enough. Would have walked into their team last year. 

Goes for a lot of our players I guess. Rejected by others to be given a chance by us

Exactly... well they have all proven to be champions that is for sure 

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

He's one of those players you could easily see being here another 8 or 9 years and racking up 350-400 appearances for us.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was the last of the title winning side to leave us/retire.

Nah, Andy King will die aged 77 still sitting on our bench wearing number 10

how is he not in the england team. speaking of england, they should be playing how we play. our style of play is as british as you can get. instead, england want to play this wannabe-spain, sideway passing spursy style. we do not have the players to win any major tournament playing that way.

9 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

how is he not in the england team. speaking of england, they should be playing how we play. our style of play is as british as you can get. instead, england want to play this wannabe-spain, sideway passing spursy style. we do not have the players to win any major tournament playing that way.

Antonio has a hamstring problem so he might have to pull out. I'd rather Marc have this week off though so he can rest.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this up after his heroic performance today.

I'll be the first to say I criticised him when things weren't going for him. However, even then he always gave 100% so can't fault him for that.

He's worked hard and come back to prove the doubters (including myself) wrong. Crucial to the way we play. MOTM in a 30 minute cameo lol 

Unstoppable tonight. It's like there were trails of fire around him like a video game. Really glad the crowd really gave the Albrighton chant a good workout, the guy deserves it.

I said this in the match thread, but I think he's raised his game to a new level since Shakespeare took over. He seems to be more daring these days in running at players, trying backheels, more probing into the box, etc. I really hope Southgate has been watching him over the past month because the guy deserves an England cap, even if its just a few minutes at the end of a friendly.

He's a 'dark horse' the team needs.

Underrated but he can prove very effective.

Not even sure why England never gave him a look in recent years/times (not as if we water him to play for them).

Archived