Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Drygon

Was Jamie Vardy's straight red card vs. Stoke City deserved?

20 minutes ago, Drygon said:

Personally speaking, I'd like to say it was absolutely deserved.

It was dangerous play. It irrelevent if you get the ball, if the tackle endangers your opponent, which Vardys did, it has to be a red card.

The ref doesn't really have much choice when someone jump in two footed with no part of your body on the ground.

There's no intent though from Vardy, and the only reason he made the challenge was a poor pass.

I think you're mental. Never a red. If that's a red then the game is becoming farcical.

24 minutes ago, Drygon said:

It was dangerous play. It irrelevent if you get the ball, if the tackle endangers your opponent, which Vardys did, it has to be a red card.

The ref doesn't really have much choice when someone jump in two footed with no part of your body on the ground.

There's no intent though from Vardy, and the only reason he made the challenge was a poor pass.

You really need to stop posting if you actually believe this.

Just now, kingfox said:

Just waiting for his 50 paragraphed explanation.

He's busy drafting his response as we speak. Putting his tin hat on and getting the supplies in ready to settle down for a long evening of mass debate 

At first viewing it looked liked Johnson pulled him back which made him slide into their player.From different angles it looked far worse. Having seen it a few times I think it was a yellow at worst.

Their player (Diouf?) should get a ban for simulation. 

From those replays, it looks like Vardy probably didn't even touch him, yet he was rolling around "in agony", then lying there holding his leg.

If he hadn't done that, would the ref have reached for his red card?

30 minutes ago, Drygon said:

He was pulled back, his feet were on the ground and he got the ball, Could just as easily have be a foul for us. Maybe the ref could remember not sending Rojo off last week!!

Anybody who thinks that's a red has never played football. 

Absolutely disgraceful decision, the world has gone mad trying to be so PC. 

It it was basically a nothing tackle, the opposition should be ashamed of themselves and take up netball. 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Although the ref was pathetic, I think it was an honest mistake.

Agreed. I don't think it was a red, but you can see why it was given. I hope it will be rescinded, and think it should be, but wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

The problem seemed that he didn't have complete conviction in the decision himself, and then proceeded to lose his head giving decisions and cards against us at every possible opportunity. It was as if he was trying to prove to that he wasn't trying to level things up, but instead he just let everything get out of hand.

Same ref sent off Konchesky for being headbutted by Alan Hutton 2 seasons ago. Search "Pawson" and you'll find plenty of stuff on the forum slagging him off for previous games - funny how its always the same refs isn't it, Moss, Madley, Pawson, and not Anthony Taylor, or Clattenburg, or Michael Oliver making these mistakes all the time. It's almost as if some of these refs are fooking terrible, and shouldn't be trusted with running a bath, let alone a football game.

Howard Webb says Craig Pawson should not be allowed to referee Liverpool vs Manchester City after controversial Jamie Vardy red card    

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/17/howard-webb-calls-craig-pawson-stripped-new-years-eve-game-liverpool/

Just now, davieG said:

Howard Webb says Craig Pawson should not be allowed to referee Liverpool vs Manchester City after controversial Jamie Vardy red card    

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/17/howard-webb-calls-craig-pawson-stripped-new-years-eve-game-liverpool/

He knows his stuff, unlike Hughes who thinks it was a clear red lmao

Archived