Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Drygon

Was Jamie Vardy's straight red card vs. Stoke City deserved?

Just now, whitlock said:

So do we have the chance to appeal? Or can a red be rescinded to a yellow without going through the appeal process?

That is a standard yellow all day long. 

Yes we can appeal, the risk is it could be an extended ban though but I feel it will get overturned if we do. I'm sure we will

38 minutes ago, davieG said:

Howard Webb says Craig Pawson should not be allowed to referee Liverpool vs Manchester City after controversial Jamie Vardy red card    

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/17/howard-webb-calls-craig-pawson-stripped-new-years-eve-game-liverpool/

Misleading article what Webb actually says is that he agrees with Pawson that Vardy should have gone...

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yes we can appeal, the risk is it could be an extended ban though but I feel it will get overturned if we do. I'm sure we will

I'll be gob smacked if it's over turned and I ain't even seen it yet.

The FA are fckers for over turning red cards, unless it's cast iron obvious to the likes of stevie wonder they will turn it down, and there's plenty of people I've herd comment saying it was red. Any contention at all they side with their official. 

We better appeal this... Sadio Mane was shown a straight red (vs Stoke funnily enough) for clattering Pieters in mid-air only to have the card and ban overturned, all in time for Southampton's very next match. Didn't win the ball either. Also remember they were the worst team at the time for red cards.

Citing an example like this, only for us to either not appeal or be unsuccesful with the appeal, only goes to show how harsh we seem to get treated. I'm thinking of the red card vs Arsenal last season and the West Ham match too.

When I watched it in real time I cringed and thought it was a definite yellow. 

On this one decision ( the rest of the half he was a total clown) I thought it was harsh but understandable when he produced the red. After watching replays he got it wrong and hopefully the appeal will be successful. 

There's massive amounts of money at stake in the game now and at the speed it's played there needs to be instant reviews of decisions like this.

Doesn't matter if you fly through the ****ing air like superman on steroids leading into the tackle, as long as the tackle itself is controlled and not two footed. Studs were down and feet touching the ground at the time of the challenge. Won the ball. Ridiculous decision. 

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If this doesn't get overturned I will eat my next poo.

Ive actually just seen it as realised it was on first page. lol 

i think the tackle is purely a result of him being shoved off balance, that's the reason he leaves the floor and probably the reason he ends up going in with two feet. 

I mean going in like that is reckless and dangerous but I don't really think it's his fault, certainly don't think it's his fault but weather that matters I don't know.

he was probably just best to pull out of that completely as he'd lost control of his balance.

i stand by original comment, the FA will see two feet and uphold it. They're not generous in over turning red cards.

It heightens the need for video replays in the game.  Despite all the money floating about we still don't have a consistent and fair set of officials in this country.

Moss, Pawson, "my mate is the ref tonight" etc., they're all crap and need assistance on making the key decisions right.  

Video replays are required.  They can't be trusted to get it right.

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Ive actually just seen it as realised it was on first page. lol 

i think the tackle is purely a result of him being shoved off balance, that's the reason he leaves the floor and probably the reason he ends up going in with two feet. 

I mean going in like that is reckless and dangerous but I don't really think it's his fault, certainly don't think it's his fault but weather that matters I don't know.

he was probably just best to pull out of that completely as he'd like lost control of his balance.

i stand by original comment, the FA will see two feet and uphold it. They're not generous in over turning red cards.

Unless you're Sadio Mane vs Stoke.

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If this doesn't get overturned I will eat my next poo.

I hope you like poo taste.

They will back the ref as they always do. Enough in there for them to say he was right, despite common sense saying otherwise.

In real time I can understand why he gave it.  

With the benefit of replays and alternative views however it's easy to see why he got it wrong.  Hence the need for video replays in the game.

In fact watching it back on 4 occasions now it's clear the refs position is completely inadequate to make the correct judgement.  He was nowhere near keeping up with the run of play there.  He was totally static.  Shocking.  

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

In real time I can understand why he gave it.  

With the benefit of replays and alternative views however it's easy to see why he got it wrong.  Hence the need for video replays in the game.

I think it's time teams were given an appeal or two each. I agree with the point it interrupts the games flow but there is so much injustice in the game.

mind you not convinced we'd of got that on appeal, it's a game of opinions and they're are plenty knocking around that agree with the original decision. Howard Webb was once viewed as the best ref in this country and on review he agreed.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

You win 'most absurd post of the day' on a day when an awful lot of crap has been posted.

Fair enough. But what I'm saying is, it's been given, it's debatable from the fans point of view. But the panel/officials will rally around the ref and back his decision. No point appealing it IMO.

From a 442 article on "Best and Worst Ref's for your team":

Villain: Craig Pawson (8 games, -0.893)

The King Power Stadium was rocking when Pawson was given the responsibility of maintaining order for their promotion party in April 2014. Contrary to the script, though, he failed to intervene as Brighton gatecrashed with a 4-1 win. The Foxes are now winless in seven under the Yorkshireman.

Strange coincidence this, another game with Pawson and we didn't win again, and he gave a load of decisions to the other team again. Never mind though, I'm sure it's all just innocent mistakes, like it will be the next time we have him for a game, and we lose it, and he does it again. Must be one of those strange statistical anomalies, like that stat from last season on how Jon Moss makes a game changing mistake once every 2 games he refs.

42 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'll be gob smacked if it's over turned and I ain't even seen it yet.

The FA are fckers for over turning red cards, unless it's cast iron obvious to the likes of stevie wonder they will turn it down, and there's plenty of people I've herd comment saying it was red. Any contention at all they side with their official. 

Spot on. The FA are a corrupt, closed shop. This won't be overturned or should I say, if it is, I'd be very surprised.

Pawson is a shite referee that should be binned. But he won't be.

Archived