Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Drygon

Was Jamie Vardy's straight red card vs. Stoke City deserved?

Personally speaking, I'd like to say it was absolutely deserved.

It was dangerous play. It irrelevent if you get the ball, if the tackle endangers your opponent, which Vardys did, it has to be a red card.

The ref doesn't really have much choice when someone jump in two footed with no part of your body on the ground.

There's no intent though from Vardy, and the only reason he made the challenge was a poor pass.

5 minutes ago, Drygon said:

It was dangerous play. It irrelevent if you get the ball, if the tackle endangers your opponent, which Vardys did, it has to be a red card. You don't give the ref much choice when you jump in two footed with no part of your body on the ground.

There's no intent though from Vardy, and the only reason he made the challenge was a poor pass.

Apart from the fact it's not two footed and he's on the ground when he makes the challenge lol

Not for me!

Sorry but he was being pulled back too by Johnson. His feet were both off the floor but not when he tackled for the ball. In relation to the Rojo tackles recently I think it's disgusting he's received red for that and Rojo didn't 

4 minutes ago, Drygon said:

It was dangerous play. It irrelevent if you get the ball, if the tackle endangers your opponent, which Vardys did, it has to be a red card.

The ref doesn't really have much choice when someone jump in two footed with no part of your body on the ground.

Totally wrong. Looks like we've got another keyboard Craig pawson on our hands guys! 

Not dangerous, not malicious, just a genuine attempt to win the ball. Just because you leave the ground it doesn't make it a red card, if that was the case then you wouldn't be able to jump for headers ffs.

A decision made by a ref who doesn't understand the game and made a panic decision because of what happened earlier in the week. Can refs stop making headlines and just use their common sense, if this is a red card then you might as well ban all slide tackles

Guest CityFan 06

Not a malicious tackle and could argue either way for it being a yellow or red. Not conclusive enough for me so I think we've got a chance of that getting rescinded. 

You get those every game. Deeney did the same in the final minute of the Sunderland game today. Poor decision, dreadful refereeing performance, but perhaps there were a few over-reactions out there as well.

I suspect there'll be some questions asked of our fans (though West Ham seem to keep getting away with that kind of thing, so why worry?)

Brilliant performance. Great fight. Ulloa making a bit of a mockery of the Slimani price tag, Gray looking like he's earned his chance ahead of Albrighton, or one side of Ulloa/Vardy (with Mahrez the other side) in a 4-3-3. Amartey, King, Fuchs, Schmeichel all excellent.

17 minutes ago, Drygon said:

So if you swing an elbow and do not hit anyone, you should get red carded as well because it endangers an opponent...???!!

Archived