Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Drygon

Was Jamie Vardy's straight red card vs. Stoke City deserved?

48 minutes ago, 80's fox said:

Not for me!

Sorry but he was being pulled back too by Johnson. His feet were both off the floor but not when he tackled for the ball. In relation to the Rojo tackles recently I think it's disgusting he's received red for that and Rojo didn't 

46 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

He was off balance from being tackled, studs down got the ball and not malicious never a red card. 

45 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Good replays thanks.

Knocked off his balance by Johnson and the lad he tackled was static which makes it look worse.Very harsh indeed.

42 minutes ago, Benguin said:

It's a foul on Vardy. Should have been a free kick to Leicester with the ref telling Johnson not to be a **** and vardy to watch his legs even if he is riding a foul.

42 minutes ago, Tom's Pasta said:

Not dangerous, not malicious, just a genuine attempt to win the ball. Just because you leave the ground it doesn't make it a red card, if that was the case then you wouldn't be able to jump for headers ffs.

A decision made by a ref who doesn't understand the game and made a panic decision because of what happened earlier in the week. Can refs stop making headlines and just use their common sense, if this is a red card then you might as well ban all slide tackles

25 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Never a red not even a yellow, being held back, got to the ball first never touched the player cheating bastard.

24 minutes ago, Webbo said:

At first viewing it looked liked Johnson pulled him back which made him slide into their player.From different angles it looked far worse. Having seen it a few times I think it was a yellow at worst.

Vardy should give up on the tackle then, the second when he jumted to make that double footed tackle he knew he was risking a red card. Rules exist for a reason.

Of course, Vardy doesn't deserve a lengthy match suspension given to context but he broke one of the most important rules in this and fully deserved that red card.

Btw: Please stop bring Rojo as an excuse for Vardy's error... Yes, the Argentine deserved a red card in both situations but just because Rojo got away with it doesn't mean Vardy should as well.

16 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

These are the type of tackles that deserve a red........if you don't play for Man Utd & you're not scared of Mourinho

The second one is Craig Pawson refereeing, and it was only Wednesday. Yet that's not a red but three days later Vardy's is.

Ju

2 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Same ref sent off Konchesky for being headbutted by Alan Hutton 2 seasons ago. Search "Pawson" and you'll find plenty of stuff on the forum slagging him off for previous games - funny how its always the same refs isn't it, Moss, Madley, Pawson, and not Anthony Taylor, or Clattenburg, or Michael Oliver making these mistakes all the time. It's almost as if some of these refs are fooking terrible, and shouldn't be trusted with running a bath, let alone a football game.

Just been saying the same thing, he lost the plot today, 

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

The second one is Craig Pawson refereeing, and it was only Wednesday. Yet that's not a red but three days later Vardy's is.

He'd probably been given a bollocking and daren't not send him off.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Howard Webb says Craig Pawson should not be allowed to referee Liverpool vs Manchester City after controversial Jamie Vardy red card    

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/17/howard-webb-calls-craig-pawson-stripped-new-years-eve-game-liverpool/

Should help with the red card appeal

Just now, Drygon said:

And? Vardy should give up on the tackle then, the second he committed to the double footed tackle he knew he was risking a red card. Rules exist for a reason.

Of course, Vardy doesn't deserve a lengthy match suspension given to ocontext but he broke one of the most important rules in football and fully deserved that red card.

Btw: Please stop bring Rojo as an excuse for Vardy's error... Yes, the Argentine deserved a red card but just because Rojo got away with it doesn't mean Vardy should as well.

Rojo's v Palace was the same ref as today, and it was only Wednesday. I think it's very relevant to ask why he's done one thing one day and completely the opposite a few days later.

2 minutes ago, Drygon said:

Vardy should give up on the tackle then, the second he committed to the double footed tackle he knew he was risking a red card. Rules exist for a reason.

Of course, Vardy doesn't deserve a lengthy match suspension given to ocontext but he broke one of the most important rules in football and fully deserved that red card.

Btw: Please stop bring Rojo as an excuse for Vardy's error... Yes, the Argentine deserved a red card but just because Rojo got away with it doesn't mean Vardy should as well.

okay then mate

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Rojo's v Palace was the same ref as today, and it was only Wednesday. I think it's very relevant to ask why he's done one thing one day and completely the opposite a few days later.

Of course it's relevant. He's saving face. First thing I wrote in the match thread.

I have no surprise he did what he did today. Which is why he should be taking out of the Prem League. He's clearly a two faced little turd.

3 minutes ago, Drygon said:

Vardy should give up on the tackle then, the second he committed to the double footed tackle he knew he was risking a red card. Rules exist for a reason.

Except it wasn't a two footed tackle!! 

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

Howard Webb says Craig Pawson should not be allowed to referee Liverpool vs Manchester City after controversial Jamie Vardy red card    

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/17/howard-webb-calls-craig-pawson-stripped-new-years-eve-game-liverpool/

Why does it being those two teams make any difference? He shouldn't have been refereeing in the premier league this weekend after the Rojo debacle but it's ok because it was only Stoke v Leicester?

9 minutes ago, Drygon said:

Except it wasn't a two footed tackle!! 

What a joke the ref was.

Fact is imo he wanted to give it. Probably had the Rojo tackle in his mind and wanted to make a name for himself after that mistake. 

Ref was a twat all game anyway but at least he was watching the game.... Unlike that **** of a lino on our side of pitch 

You only have to read the varying opinions on this thread or for that matter any similar thread on any football forum to ascertain the problem. The problem is not Vardy not Rojo not any other player who has attempted a questionable tackle. The problem is & as far as I can see is the unbelievable inconsistence of the modern referee. I'm not sticking up for Pawson, far from it, he was terrible, but until the powers that be lay down the laws of the game in a way that everyone, players, fans & officials understand these debacles will continue. Pawson effectively killed the game off with his bewildering decisions which is why our hard fought draw felt, at the end, like a victory.

10 minutes ago, Drygon said:

Vardy should give up on the tackle then, the second when he jumted to make that double footed tackle he knew he was risking a red card. Rules exist for a reason.

Of course, Vardy doesn't deserve a lengthy match suspension given to context but he broke one of the most important rules in this and fully deserved that red card.

Btw: Please stop bring Rojo as an excuse for Vardy's error... Yes, the Argentine deserved a red card in both situations but just because Rojo got away with it doesn't mean Vardy should as well.

You sir are an ostrich.....completely ridiculous view!!

1 minute ago, boots60 said:

You only have to read the varying opinions on this thread or for that matter any similar thread on any football forum to ascertain the problem. The problem is not Vardy not Rojo not any other player who has attempted a questionable tackle. The problem is & as far as I can see is the unbelievable inconsistence of the modern referee. I'm not sticking up for Pawson, far from it, he was terrible, but until the powers that be lay down the laws of the game in a way that everyone, players, fans & officials understand these debacles will continue. Pawson effectively killed the game off with his bewildering decisions which is why our hard fought draw felt, at the end, like a victory.

My problem with Pawson is one of those Rojo tackle was in a game he was officiating. We often hear discussions about refereeing consistency, and people rightly point out you can't compare a decision one week made by Clattenberg with one made by Oliver because they may interpret the rule differently, and that ties in with your point about laying the laws of the game. But this is the same ref, days apart and even he can't be consistent with himself. If he's got a bollocking for the Rojo decision, he should have been stood down this week, because there was always a chance this could happen, and it has, and it make him look even more incompetent then he already does.

I am a ref - albeit a poor sunday morning one.

Dangerous play is an indirect free kick.  And has nothing to do with cards.  Vardy was sent off for serious foul play.

The law states

Serious foul play

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play. Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

He cant endanger the safety of an opponent if he doesnt get close enough to the opponent to touch him.  You could just about argue that the challenge was with excessive force HOWEVER that was because is was off balance due to the foul that had already been committed on him.

As a ref I my initial reaction was that it was poor decision to give the foul to stoke, even worse when to give a card (a very harsh yellow was my initial thought) but to give a red, I was speechless.

I was taught that games and your performance stood or fell by the big decisions.  a push or a pull in the centre circle really doesn't matter but red cards, ball over te line and penalties were all about being there and getting it right,

He's a fifa ref and had an absolute stinker today, he knows it but sadly the mentality of top flight refs is "who cares".  A performance like that on viccy park tomorrow will result in a 22 man brawl.  It would be no bad thing for some  of these refs to do a lower league game once in a while. 

For me it's an argument we shouldn't really be having in the "modern" game,

i've argued for a while now that bearing in mind the sheer amount of money in the Premier League (in-particular) that there needs to be more help for referees, he'll know from the reaction from Ranieri, the fans and the players that he's dropped a massive bollock here.

It'll take a side getting relegated on the final day via a dodgy decision and a massive lawsuit against the Premier League for it to change - but why, why, why nowadays don't we have either a captians challenge system - or (and probably easier) more fourth official guidance from the touchline into the earpiece.

Archived