Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Drygon

Was Jamie Vardy's straight red card vs. Stoke City deserved?

There's a general problem with the laws of the game containing a load of wishy washy, vague language that leads to a load of inconsistent and unpredictable refereeing decisions, especially in the hands of the the poorer officials (Pawson, Moss, Madley et al). If the laws clearly set out what was and wasn't allowed, we wouldn't have these arguments. We could have it set out that jumping tackles or two footed tackles are not allowed, but no, we get a load of guff about "excessive" force (62 Newtons on that tackle mate, I'm afraid anything over 48.26 is excessive), that is subjective and falls down to some sort of instinctive feeling based judgement call by the official. Handball rubbish about "Unnatural positions", all the gubbins about whether people are interfering or not on offsides. Keep it simple, keep it clear, and use technology to prevent mistakes. I want to see replays of goals and great play in highlights, not a load of old washed up players, refs and dickheads on twitter spending all Saturday night watching endless replays of some incident like it's the flipping JFK shooting.

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

See i don't think that should ever come into it, it's another game for another team. 

I saw people saying "Vardy shouldnt get sent off if Rojo didn't" 

That logic is completely flawed, what about next week when the same thing happens and other fans are saying "Rojo and vardy didnt get sent off so neither can x" 

Eventually it ends in a leg breaker. 

I'd like to see the FA fine referees for having poor consistency, but to see other members suggesting the ref was trying to balance the books by sending Vardy off is a pretty big claim with no evidence to back it. 

I think it's time for football to adopt rugby style "experts" to watch the replay back and feedback the ref if he is not 100% to save mistakes, every time there is a challenge like that, the tacklers fans want him to stay on, the tackled players fans want the player off, and the ref can never win, thats unnecessary pressure with todays technology.

You don't think the Rojo tackles were a factor in him giving the red today?

You'll never get 100% consistency and no two incidents are exactly the same but I think refs are generally too quick to send players off these days, especially the likes of Moss, Pawson and Madley.

I'd prefer to see 22 players kept on the pitch unless something pretty bad happens.

Good refs give a warning and calm these things down. Bad refs go straight for the red card and create more trouble than the initial situation merited. It was the same with Vardy v West Ham.

23 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I won't be talking about it further

11 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

See i don't think that should ever come into it, it's another game for another team. 

I saw people saying "Vardy shouldnt get sent off if Rojo didn't" 

That logic is completely flawed, what about next week when the same thing happens and other fans are saying "Rojo and vardy didnt get sent off so neither can x" 

Eventually it ends in a leg breaker. 

I'd like to see the FA fine referees for having poor consistency, but to see other members suggesting the ref was trying to balance the books by sending Vardy off is a pretty big claim with no evidence to back it. 

I think it's time for football to adopt rugby style "experts" to watch the replay back and feedback the ref if he is not 100% to save mistakes, every time there is a challenge like that, the tacklers fans want him to stay on, the tackled players fans want the player off, and the ref can never win, thats unnecessary pressure with todays technology.

lollollol You can't help yourself mate!

I dont think, after seeing this back a few times, that this was a red card.

In real time, i did think it was a red card.

But i think a player has to understand that if he makes a challenge like that, where there is a jumping, lunging element to it, there is a risk the referee will send you off, especially  if the tackle is preceeded by running at speed towards the opponent.

Players need to be smarter than this. Thats my opinion. Even though for me it is NOT a red, a player has to show more intelligence than to put himself in that situation

No, no,no,no,no
LANGUAGE TRANSLATION
AFRIKAANS nee
ALBANIAN jo
ALSATIAN naï
ARABIC laa
ARMENIAN votch
AZERI xeyir
BASQUE ez
BELARUSIAN Не (nie)
BENGALI na
BOBO aïlle
BOSNIAN ne
BRETON nann
BULGARIAN
BURMESE ma hoke phu / hmar te
CATALAN no
CHEROKEE tla / hla
CHINESE pù shi
CORSICAN
CZECH ne
CROATIAN ne
DANISH nej
DUTCH nee
ENGLISH no
ESPERANTO ne
ESTONIAN ei
FAROESE nei
FINNISH ei
FRENCH non
FRISIAN nee
FRIULAN no
GALICIAN non
GALLO nanni
GEORGIAN ara
GERMAN nein
GREEK ohi
GUARANÍ nahániri
HAITIAN CREOLE non
HAWAIIAN ʻaole
HEBREW lo
HINDI nahin
HUNGARIAN nem
ICELANDIC nei
IGBO mba
INDONESIAN tidak
ITALIAN no
JAPANESE iié
KABYLIAN ala
KHMER thay
KINYARWANDA oya
KOREAN ahneo
KURDISH no / na
LAO bo
LATIN minime (not at all), non (and repetition of the verb)
LATVIAN
LIGURIAN no
LINGALA te
LITHUANIAN ne
LOW SAXON nee
LUXEMBOURGEOIS neen
MACEDONIAN не (ne)
MALAGASY tsia
MALAY tidak
MALTESE le
MAORI kaore
MONGOLIAN ugui (Yгvй)
NORMAN nennin / nenn
NORWEGIAN nei
OCCITAN non
OLD NORSE nei
OSSETIAN нæй
PAPIAMENTU no
PERSIAN kheyr / na
POLISH nie
PORTUGUESE não
ROMANI na
ROMANIAN nu
RUSSIAN Нет (niet)
SARDINIAN no
SCOTTISH GAELIC ag
SERBIAN ne
SHONA aiwa
SINDHI na
SINHALA nae
SLOVAK nie
SLOVENIAN ne
SOBOTA ne
SONINKE
SPANISH no
SWAHILI siyo / hapana
SWEDISH nej
TAGALOG hindi (po)
TAHITIAN aita
TAMAZIGHT lla
TAMIL illaï
TATAR yuk
TELUGU kadhu
THAI ไม่ (maï) / ไม่ใช่ (maï chaï)
TURKISH hayir
UDMURT oevoel (with nouns) / ug (with verbs)
UKRAINIAN Ні (ni)
URDU نهين (nahin)
WALOON ("betchfessîs" spelling) neni
WELSH nage
WEST INDIAN CREOLE awa
WOLOF déedéet
YIDDISH nein
YORUBA rara
ZULU

cha

No matter how you say it!!

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Does he even touch the player? It's a terrible decision, Craig Pawson is a **** and no one will be able to convince me otherwise lol 

That said all of the above helped to make the equaliser so special. Bruises everywhere.

You can think want re the red card its one of those tackles that's going to generate 1000 opinions. but you attempt to tackle with two feet its a foul at least that's all I'm saying, miss the ball, miss the man, you'll get blown up for it. Totally illegal to even attempt it. 

Agreed second part.

39 minutes ago, Fez of Mahrez said:

You don't think the Rojo tackles were a factor in him giving the red today?

You'll never get 100% consistency and no two incidents are exactly the same but I think refs are generally too quick to send players off these days, especially the likes of Moss, Pawson and Madley.

I'd prefer to see 22 players kept on the pitch unless something pretty bad happens.

Good refs give a warning and calm these things down. Bad refs go straight for the red card and create more trouble than the initial situation merited. It was the same with Vardy v West Ham.

The Rojo incident on Wednesday is 100% why Vardy got sent off today.

Pawson is a disgrace. Anybody with eyes knows that he, Moss and Madley shouldn't be anywhere near top flight football.

It's a shame because the likes of Clattenburg, Oliver and Taylor are actually decent refs and we've got about 5 or 6 competent ones for the first time in living memory. Sadly the 3 aforementioned are so bad they bring the others into disrepute.

8 minutes ago, ttfn said:

The Rojo incident on Wednesday is 100% why Vardy got sent off today.

Played a part that's for sure. 

The more I see it there more I think that has to be intent from the player committing the foul to hurt the opposition player and I think there is zero intent from vardy to hurt anyone he was just shoved off balance and the tackle was a direct result of it.

still, I don't envy the position he was in, especially after weds, but then I guess that's a bed he's made for himself to lie in.

I'm yet to see a replay, I'm waiting for MOTD but I didn't think so, I thought it was actually a foul on us, so for him to give the freekick their way and send Vardy off I was fuming.

I'll be honest when I see the replay but from what I saw in the moment, no.

12 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The more I see it there more I think that has to be intent from the player committing the foul to hurt the opposition player and I think there is zero intent from vardy to hurt anyone he was just shoved off balance and the tackle was a direct result of it.

still, I don't envy the position he was in, especially after weds, but then I guess that's a bed he's made for himself to lie in.

Exactly and we're suffering for his incompetence.

Vardy's tackle isn't dangerous as soon as he gets the ball (a good foot in front of Diouf). At that point his weight is transferred into the turf rather than the recipient of the tackle. 

Im not totally sure it's a foul.

30 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You can think want re the red card its one of those tackles that's going to generate 1000 opinions. but you attempt to tackle with two feet its a foul at least that's all I'm saying, miss the ball, miss the man, you'll get blown up for it. Totally illegal to even attempt it. 

Agreed second part.

Ok, it was just about a foul il give you that.

The problem with it is how players potentially react when confronted with a poor referee for the game.  

We all know the guy is a plank and yet our players are naive enough to play right into his hands to allow him to make rash decisions.

We shouldn't have to be in a position where we have to play the referee, as well as the opposition, but until these incompetent referees are helped out with technology I don't see a way forward other than crossing fingers and hoping it doesn't happen again.  We seem to end up with at least one a season just like Moss from last season and in the end other teams in the league have it just the same.

Unfortunately for us though, that game was today.

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The problem with it is how players potentially react when confronted with a poor referee for the game.  

We all know the guy is a plank and yet our players are naive enough to play right into his hands

Have you ever played in a football match when the ref is clearly incompetent?

22 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The Rojo incident was talked about a lot. He ****ed up and it got a lot of coverage. He should have been stood down to 4th official, or moved down a league out of the premier league limelight. He made his bed, but the fa didn't have to make him lie in it. Once they gave him a game, it was obvious that if something like this happened he was going to be put in an impossible position, judge it for what it is, or go hard to make up for the mistake midweek. He doesn't want to be seen to be making the same mistake twice so quickly, so anything looking remotely dodgy he was going to jump on.

2 feet left the ground for a tackle whether he got the ball or not is irrelevant,same as Matt Mills a few years ago against Birmingham I think.you can't go in for tackles like that anymore and everybody knows it,if it was a stoke player on one of ours you would want a red and anyone saying other wise is lying. 

Archived