Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Matija Natastic

Found this report on him after his permanent move to Shalke:

'..Nastasic's Future

As for the defender himself, he showed during the 2013-14 season that he was a capable player who had the potential to be extremely accomplished. A good reader of the game with recovery pace to drop in behind his partner, Nastasic accumulated a fair amount of experience at the top very quickly, considering he was still essentially third-choice.'

He does seem to be quite injury prone though and his latest was an Achilles tear, which is quite a bad one to have. So he only played once in the whole of last season and only 11 games so far this season. Actually, the last time he played more than 20 games in a season (21) was 2012/13 and has only ever played over 20 games one other time (25 games in 2011/12). A seriously detailed medical definitely needed if this link is true, as we could end up with a decent player but one that rarely is able to play for us. Makes me slightly more weary of this one and certainly shouldn't be spending a huge amount on him, with an injury history and lack of playing time like that.

edit: Just come back from another injury missing 4 games :sweating:

48 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

'..Nastasic's Future

As for the defender himself, he showed during the 2013-14 season that he was a capable player who had the potential to be extremely accomplished. A good reader of the game with recovery pace to drop in behind his partner, Nastasic accumulated a fair amount of experience at the top very quickly, considering he was still essentially third-choice.'

He does seem to be quite injury prone though and his latest was an Achilles tear, which is quite a bad one to have. So he only played once in the whole of last season and only 11 games so far this season. Actually, the last time he played more than 20 games in a season (21) was 2012/13 and has only ever played over 20 games one other time (25 games in 2011/12). A seriously detailed medical definitely needed if this link is true, as we could end up with a decent player but one that rarely is able to play for us. Makes me slightly more weary of this one and certainly shouldn't be spending a huge amount on him, with an injury history and lack of playing time like that.

ooo this puts me off a little :( need someone who can play 38+ games.

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

'..Nastasic's Future

Good work!

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

ooo this puts me off a little :( need someone who can play 38+ games.

That was a bit worrying for me too. Just checked his appearances this season though and he's on 16 so far.  Not too shabby. If we signed him and could keep him fit then no question he would be a great signing.

edit. 4 internationals as well so total 20 (5 yellow cards)

32 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

As I'm an impatient transfer whore I'm becoming concerned, a third of the way through the month and only one new player :(

You should know how this works - we are all sitting around at 11.45 pm on deadline day working out whether the owners helicopter can complete the journey from Kiev/ Rio de Janeiro/ Murmansk carrying the new Messiah before the shutter is lowered 

18 minutes ago, surrifox said:

You should know how this works - we are all sitting around at 11.45 pm on deadline day working out whether the owners helicopter can complete the journey from Kiev/ Rio de Janeiro/ Murmansk carrying the new Messiah before the shutter is lowered 

Like Nathan Dyer? Last minute lol

Archived