Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Schlupp on his way

41 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

End product is all that matters. How can he have done well for us if he delivers no end product?

His end product isn't the best but he on his day he can deliver, he's scored some good goals for us and he can skin a defender easily with his pace

2 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

His end product isn't the best but he on his day he can deliver, he's scored some good goals for us and he can skin a defender easily with his pace

On the other 364 days of the year he cant figure out his arse from his elbow and stands there slobbering while he could run the entire length of the pitch completely unchallenged.

26 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

No, you're being ridiculous Babs.

He has never had a positive major role in any one of our seasons, he has been a bit part player who has done the odd good thing but has mostly been absolute horse shit. How many good things did he do last season? There was the goal at Norwich, good performance at Bournemouth, and a very lucky assist against Swansea. That's it. The rest of the time he was a lazy hindrance.

I think he's the luckiest footballer of all time to have got a championship medal. He's dreadful, doesn't try and if he didn't have pace he wouldn't have even had a non-league career, he'd be stacking shelves.

Time started seeing him for what he is.

32 games and 2537 minutes in our survival season is hardly bit part, neither is another 32 games in our promotion season where he started plenty of games. You can't just gloss over the fact he was involved heavily in both teams. He might not have played as large a role in what we did last year, but that doesn't take anything away from what he helped us do previously. 

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Happy to get that for him personally but we'd be stupid not to play hard ball for a little bit in the modern transfer climate. I like Jeff but he is surplus to requirements.

Always did a decent protecting job from the wing. As two managers who'd want wingers who can get back and cover he'd suit them ok. Or they might want to convert to a three at the back, and he'd do well in the wing back role like he did on the run to stay up.

7 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Do we need to sell for money? No. He can still offer something here. No need to sell.

Well if its a case of being back up, we'd gain more money selling him than kaputska.. and one of them has to be back up....

28 minutes ago, Shaneb said:

What are we playing at...9miilion is awesome especially as we pay him 80k a week as well to sit on the team coach weekly. Yeh we shouldn't sell to a team towards the bottom, but that's the only teams that are likely to realistically want him and put in an offer.

?

sauec.jpg

12 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

i literally couldn't think of two managers who'd hate jeff schlupp more than pulis and big sam and they're the two fighting it out to sign him. go on jeff. 

Can't you? A winger that's pacey and strong in the tackle. I'm not even joking when I say that Jeff's best attribute is winning free kicks and that's where Pulis/Allardyce teams tend to score a fair share of their goals. Managers who like to play more football would hate Schlupp far more than Pulis or Allardyce. 

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Sit back, relax, and watch the bidding war commence.

If anyone offers £12m, we shouldn't be turning it down unless it's based on 20 years of instalments and bonuses for Palace winning the league.

probably like the 9 million deal 'we'll give you 9 million for him' if like you we win the premier league next year else it's 1 million spread over 48 monthly payments

When he came on for the last 20 minutes against Brugge it completely summed up his Leicester career for me. Pacey, direct and strong but just a sheer lack of technical ability and as a result, a lack of end product. Let's not pretend he hasn't had some good games for us, but it's best for both parties if he moves on. 

10 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

dont sell jeff 

i have a vision , he cant shoot ,he cant cross and only has one foot 

but hes fast,strong and can tackle and can jump and head 

claudio turns him into a cb and he becomes the next ramos :)

Unless he completely forgets he's playing football for a few minutes a game (which he appears to regularly) at CB we'd concede 3 before he wakes back up!!

Archived