Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dave_the_fox

Robbie Brady to Burnley

49 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Not sure I agree with that statement, but do agree with everything else you said.  I think if he joined, and is willing to be a squad player, he would be a good signing.  

@Koke - I see where you are going fella. I think that Brady would edge ahead of Kapi, and probably go where Jeff WAS as the start of the season.  A versatile bench player.  Gray's good form, has given CR a good problem to have though.  I just hope he can sustain it.  He also looked a little tired at the end of the last couple of games, so we need an option off the bench.  Maybe the Fuchs / Chilly option is the left sided plan for when we sub?  

We need Chilwell to play left back all the time. Her needs to learn that role inside out. Don't want another Jeff situation where no one knows his best position.

1 hour ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I agree with you but Claudio plays Musa as a striker and doesn't even consider Kaputska in matchday squads so maybe he only sees 3 wingers there

And Mahrez is away for the next 4-5 games, so we only have 2 genuine wingers to select from. It may not be a glamour signing, but it is a smart one I believe.

Brady is a good player but I think the question we should be asking ourselves with our transfer business in general. Is who is he going to replace in the starting 11 and is he better than what we have... I'm not sure he's an upgrade on anyone and as our summer recruitment showed we need players in that are better than what we have. And almost more importantly at the moment in a position that we need. 

If Morgan or Huth get injured or suspended then we are screwed. That has to be the most urgent bit of transfer business sign a CB. Almost half the month has gone.

Imagine if we had to play Sevilla with Was we would get smashed off the pitch. No offence to Was but he's 37 in 5 months. 

2 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Brady is a good player but I think the question we should be asking ourselves with our transfer business in general. Is who is he going to replace in the starting 11 and is he better than what we have... I'm not sure he's an upgrade on anyone and as our summer recruitment showed we need players in that are better than what we have. And almost more importantly at the moment in a position that we need. 

If Morgan or Huth get injured or suspended then we are screwed. That has to be the most urgent bit of transfer business sign a CB. Almost half the month has gone.

Imagine if we had to play Sevilla with Was we would get smashed off the pitch. No offence to Was but he's 37 in 5 months. 

Because we might buy a winger, it does not stop us from buying a defender. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

He is replacing Schlupp. A left footed winger/wing back. We don't have another one of those in our squad. I don't think he will start for us as I think and hope we will stick with the 4-3-3, but we need players like him, who we know are going to work hard and do a job in defence and attack. It also gives us the flexibility to switch to a 4-4-2 or a 3-5-2 and have the correct players to do that. 

On paper it might look like we have a lot of players who can play at LW, but none are genuine left footed or natural wingers in a 4-4-2, and that has been one of our problems I believe this season, trying to play a system that doesn't match individual player's strengths,

i think how much Slimani would appreciate quality balls onto his head. Fuchs has a great delivery but doesnt use it enough. Chilwell isnt in the team for his ability to cross the ball. Brady would create chances, i agree if we can get for same as we sold Schlupp then good business

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

What 12.5m for a crap championship player.

I wouldn`t say he was crap, but he is nothing more than an average championship player in my opinion, and no where near a premier league standard player.

I`ve said before, sign championship standard players, and we will soon find ourselves back in the championship, it`s not rocket science.

1 minute ago, Callabinho said:

This is one of the reasons we are where we are....what kind of ambition is this? ****ing unbelievable....

We won the league with Simpson, Morgan, Albrighton etc. We certainly don't need just Brazilians with one name and an ego to boot!! You need a balance, honest endeavour and a preparedness to follow (good) tactics. I'd much prefer us buy British as they know the league. This lad is a solid pro and may even improve with good coaching. 

11 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

This is one of the reasons we are where we are....what kind of ambition is this? ****ing unbelievable....

Have to be realistic to who would want to join us in this window?.. A relegation dogfight isn't that appealing I wouldn't think! 

34 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

We won the league with Simpson, Morgan, Albrighton etc. We certainly don't need just Brazilians with one name and an ego to boot!! You need a balance, honest endeavour and a preparedness to follow (good) tactics. I'd much prefer us buy British as they know the league. This lad is a solid pro and may even improve with good coaching. 

That's all we have at the minute and even that is being questioned. We need more quality. 

1 hour ago, Callabinho said:

Thought exactly the same. We're never going to get anywhere buying average players like Brady. 

37 minutes ago, Adster said:

Thought exactly the same. We're never going to get anywhere buying average players like Brady. 

Where exactly do you want us to get or think we should be?

We could show ambition and try to sign top-six quality players or top-ranked international players but they wouldn't come to us.   

This isn't me saying we should or shouldn't sign Brady.  It's a general point.

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

They weren't deciding factors in us winning the league, just at the right club at the right time. All three did well for us and I'm not diminishing their achievement but they have a lot to thank Mahrez, Vardy, Kante and Schmeichel for their medals as those were the players that really made the difference.

Brady for me is the sort of signing you make if staying in the PL is the height of your ambition. 

If we buy him who does he replace in the first XI because if he's coming as a squad player then spending £10m on 25 year olds to sit on the bench is not a good strategy.

12 minutes ago, Gerard said:

They weren't deciding factors in us winning the league

they have a lot to thank Mahrez, Vardy, Kante and Schmeichel for their medals as those were the players that really made the difference.

That is absolute bollocks!  Complete and utter BS!

If you seriously think that we won the league on the back of four players you are deluded beyond belief.

He wouldn't be my first choice but there is a lot of nonsense being talked about Championship players. Maybe you should remember many of our current squad came from the Championship and haven't done too badly.

The point being Players are Footballers full stop. There's good players in bad Teams and bad players in good Teams.Whether they are good enough for one league over another depends on a players individual ability and a Managers requirements.

Brady is a good talented player. and a current International and has scored against Italy with a Header and had a couple in the Euros and well as a decent Euros.

He was also  named the Under-21 International Player of the Year in 2011. Not bad for a so called Championship player.

For a start he's a better footballer and passer of a Ball than most of the players we have at present. He will also chip in with a few Goals as well. He certainly would be an upgrade on Schlupp.

My concern is that we keep signing short lite players and I'd like us to add a bit of Physicality and strength. But they also have to be able to play. Brady can play so that;s a plus..

I'm also certain that if we do sign him it's not to sit on the Bench. He'll fill that wing back role on the left. Realising Albrighton to play on the right. Unless of course CR decides to continue with Chilwell in front of Fuchs which is not a bad option either. But then Fuchs might be away at the end of this season.

Archived