Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dave_the_fox

Robbie Brady to Burnley

15 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Would be happy with this. However I think I would prefer Snodgrass. Cheaper too with only 6 months left on his contract. 

18 months – Hull triggered a 12 month extension when he turned down a longer term deal: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/robert-snodgrass-reveals-why-he-turned-down-new-hull-city-contract/story-30023506-detail/story.html

Martin O'Neill has said in the past he's surprised Robbie Brady isn't playing in the PL. But also that he plays brilliantly for Ireland, maybe better than at club level.

510 passes this season, accuracy 74%, 82% being that old favourite, the forward pass.  

If he can do this we'll have him................................

Brady is decent player but too lightweight for the Premiership. At least Schlupp has real pace and presence on the pitch. I can't see why we need him given that Chilwell is showing that he can cope with the league. However Brady is a good all round footballer another ex Utd prodigy I believe.

a forward pass?? whats the world coming too?? lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, psychonaut said:

Pointless signing really especially with Chilwell and Gray starting to shine. Regardless of that I don't think he'd be an improvement on our starting 11.

We need strength in depth, especially if Schlupp leaves & Kaputska goes out on loan. A defensive winger is a must especially in a 4-4-2. We can't just rely on Albrighton and we'll need to rotate with the CL coming up.

Also there will be games where Gray needs to be subbed off for a more defensive minded player, like when we are defending a 1-0 lead.

7 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

We need strength in depth, especially if Schlupp leaves & Kaputska goes out on loan. A defensive winger is a must especially in a 4-4-2. We can't just rely on Albrighton and we'll need to rotate with the CL coming up.

Also there will be games where Gray needs to be subbed off for a more defensive minded player, like when we are defending a 1-0 lead.

Ironically Gray was bought on when defending slender leads last season and did his job solidly! Haha

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ironically Gray was bought on when defending slender leads last season and did his job solidly! Haha

Very true! But presumably Gray will be starting now and in latter stages of games a more experienced, defensive player like Brady would be useful.

Just now, foxes21 said:

Very true! But presumably Gray will be starting now but in latter stages of games a more experienced, defensive player like Brady would be useful.

Brady isn't a defensive player. He's been played a LWB/ LB for Ireland and Norwich due to circumstances. He's done pretty well in those positions, as he can time a tackle and has pace to burn to track an opposition player.

I don't see him being brought in on that basis. He'll be useful should it be needed to take that role if needs be. But his strengths are in attacking on the wing with pace, good feet, and lethal cross. His deadballs are outstanding too.

34 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Defensive winger?

53 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Anybody know if Brady trained with Norwich today? I saw, from behind, a lad in town today near new walk with team issue Norwich kit bag, hair from behind looked too light to be Brady but just wondering...

Probably getting ready for AFCON. . . . 

If we take Kaputska out the equation, as no one knows what the hell is going on there, then we are left with Schlupp who was desperate to leave in the summer and has been extra turd all season and will probably go in this window. We then have Albrighton, Gray and Mahrez as genuine wingers, with Musa more of an attacking forward. Mahrez is gone with Algeria so we only have Gray and Albrighton.. How can people say we don't need another winger? 

This guy is 24, had 3 seasons in the Prem and plays international football and has a wicked freekick. All for under 10million most likely. No brainer for me.

I would of course prefer Sigurdsson or even Snodgrass but neither will be sold in this window, as they are still in contract and would effectively end both hopes of survival. 

They apparently want to sell in order to buy a striker. We do have a slight excess of strikers atm... 3 of which are worth around the 10m mark... swap deal?

Also, if we sign him, I believe that would bring the 'Manchester rejects' clique to 5 players.

Need to try and keep up with the 'African internationals' clique which has just gone up to 6.

5 hours ago, brucey said:

They apparently want to sell in order to buy a striker. We do have a slight excess of strikers atm... 3 of which are worth around the 10m mark... swap deal?

Also, if we sign him, I believe that would bring the 'Manchester rejects' clique to 5 players.

Need to try and keep up with the 'African internationals' clique which has just gone up to 6.

We need every striker have you missed the last few weeks? Vardy banned, Slimani has been ill. And we struggled up top at Middlesbrough we'd be stupid to sell any of them. 3 around the 10m mark who's that then?

I think Brady's a great player. As a stand alone transfer, I'd take this any day of the week. My only concern is he's very much left sided where we have the youthful and exceptionally talented Gray and Musa who with that fee, I'm sure more is expected of. I guess Brady is a good utility player as well though and the fee seems much more realistic than the summer. I'd still take this I think though.

Irish television channel TV3 linking us with this in their sports bulletins this am....saying Brady will be back in Premiership soon with us strong favourites ahead of big Sam and Palace.......Was much the same though throughout the Summer so won't take it as gospel yet...

14 minutes ago, simon789us said:

Think we can do better need players who will make first team better not squad players he's decent but Carnt see him making much difference 

Quite.

Guest CityFan 06

I read that we may have to compete with Palace for his signature. Unsure who he'd go to, I'd say us at first thought but wouldn't want to sound bias. 

2 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

I read that we may have to compete with Palace for his signature. Unsure who he'd go to, I'd say us at first thought but wouldn't want to sound bias. 

Palace has about 30 wingers and are lining him up to play left back. I think he's ours if we want him. Palace can have Schlupp.

Archived