Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, fleckneymike said:

One of the more 'interesting' stats from last weeks win was Ndidi's pass completion. 

Hes currently at 65.7%. Only Shinji and Kasper are worse. For a CM that's genuinely awful. Considering he's averaging the 2nd most passes per game too then it becomes even more problematic (he's made the most inaccurate short passes).  

Doesn't surprise me at all that, he gives the ball away so much and needs to stop switching off. Unforgivable to leave his man like he did yesterday. 

How James is getting the blame for it I have no idea.

29 minutes ago, MattP said:

Doesn't surprise me at all that, he gives the ball away so much and needs to stop switching off. Unforgivable to leave his man like he did yesterday. 

How James is getting the blame for it I have no idea.

It's a double whammy at the moment... 

Ndidi young and inexperienced. 

James slow, (looks overweight) and a championship quality player... 

It's a poor midfield combo to say the least! 

Bloody hell boys and girls look at the people he has played against . And is everywhere covering . Still learning his trade with a partner who is just having a run after nearly two seasons out. Give the boy a break think he is still holding up well. Pogba 89 mil and just settling With outstanding players round him . Ozil and co. And we won last week . Put my tin hat on but he is doing well with different partners. Never stops working imo. ? ? ✌?️

2 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Agree perspective needed .. only three games into a thirty eight game season and he's already played in our historically two toughest away games.

He's still a kid really but has so much potential.

Thank you rodders ?

We seem to playing him in a different role this season and it just doesn't suit him, he should be doing what Matic was doing for Utd yesterday, sweeping up and playing simple passes. James should be the one who gets forward more as he's a much better passer.

To cut Ndidi some slack. He was outnumbered in midfield and thus was outnumbered which obviously impacted his passing. He was working overtime to the extent he had 3 dribbles, 5 tackles, 1 interception and 3 clearances. It worked up until the first goal, but Ndidi and James were just given too big a task.

I so hope he doesn't regress because too much is being expected of him too quickly. He's a young lad who needs to be alongside a quality centre mid to give him confidence and to bring him along. We've seen he's got all the credentials to be a superb player. But he's got to be developed properly.

7 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Needs a stronger partner with him, James is an ok squad player, but with a bit of quality at the side of him, he will be better.

Unfortunately you can say exactly the same thing about any of our central midfielders.

7 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Needs a stronger partner with him, James is an ok squad player, but with a bit of quality at the side of him, he will be better.

You could say it the other way round as well. James is not that much older than Ndidi yet I believe that he's far more accomplished at what he does. Ndidi catches the eye because of his energy and running around a lot but doesn't actually accomplish as much as James  in my opinion. He maybe to some also seems more exciting because he's a newer more expensive foreign signing compared to a player who been here some time but mainly injured. Consider though James's past pedigree compared to Ndidi, he came well schooled, as Pearson once said in interview, you reasonably knew what you were getting when you signed someone of a certain era from Man United. James has more to give yet and in case we should forget, any player can sustain a bad injury whether that be Mendy, Iheanacho or  Ndidi. James to me is like a valuable new signing, he did well yesterday and was unflustered compared to Ndidi who was like a rabbit in the headlights for one of the goals and slightly lost at times. He'll learn from that and is a promising young talent who appears well ahead of his years but, if I could only chose one player to partner Drinkwater or a very talented new signing, at the moment it would be James who through experience, would be able to adapt his game, he did it before with Cambiasso lest we forget. There's room for both, but unfashionable as it may be,  I don't get carried away with Ndidi yet. He was the best we had by far alongside Drinkwater when he arrived on the scene last season, but let's be honest, he didn't exactly have a lot to beat we were that bad. If that sounds harsh on Ndidi it isn't meant to sound that way a I think he's a tremendous young talent but I think some people don't seem to recognise James's worth.

Ndidi and James are good players. Away at Old Trafford in a two man midfield is a near impossible job which they did very well for a long time. Iborra is a key component to make the two of them prosper. Once he is fit, with his experience and composites both players will shine. It will also allow us to do away with Shinji and play a real outlet down the middle in the form of Nacho or Slimani. 

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ndidi and James are good players. Away at Old Trafford in a two man midfield is a near impossible job which they did very well for a long time. Iborra is a key component to make the two of them prosper. Once he is fit, with his experience and composites both players will shine. It will also allow us to do away with Shinji and play a real outlet down the middle in the form of Nacho or Slimani. 

Good point I get that's the way the are thinking when everyone is fit. Think Shinji has still got a role though .... with his energy levels he could wreak havoc if

brought on with 20-25 minutes left.

He's just a sideway, backward passes merchant. Don't know how to break the lines, he's afraid when a team mate is between 2 opponents and pass the ball to the GK. For a midfielder, he creates absolutely nothing. Even Maguire tries risky passes. 

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I so hope he doesn't regress because too much is being expected of him too quickly. He's a young lad who needs to be alongside a quality centre mid to give him confidence and to bring him along. We've seen he's got all the credentials to be a superb player. But he's got to be developed properly.

I think you're spot on there Col and we're not always the most patient lot on here.  It would have been difficult for any midfield 2 to effectively deal with Pogba, Matic and Mata let alone a young lad and James who must be still getting into the pace of things. Any youngster and in our case in particular, Ndidi , Gray , Chilwell and Iheanacho, are all of a certain age and first team Premiership experience that will render them prone to the odd wrong decision from which they'll hopefully learn. The pundits on TV tended to blame Ndidi for one of the goals, it's going to happen, just think of the pressure he must have been under in such a big game being constantly under the cosh! I would think a word from Shakespeare and some encouragement will address the issue. I think we have some really talented and exciting young talent down there now that should be encouraged to flourish at the right pace.

Archived