Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Bizarre post there Gaelic. If anyone has 'stepped up' it's Wilf. Now IF you're talking about Musa or Amartey..im with ya there.

Ya I put the comment in wrong place really 

the lad has done well 

I reckon now with Ndidi, its not if the player can step up, are our coaching staff and Shakespeare on team selection,

competent and clever enough, to use Ndidi in his strong and best position, and get the best out of him for the team.

We were champions, so our base is still there, Ndidi has proved he can mix it at PL level, hes been one of our better

buys.Sometimes its not up to the players, a club has payed good money for them, so also the playing management team,

through to Shakespeare have also duty to use and play them where they can perform. 

I put Slimani, Musa and for this season Gray, Lawrence and Amartey into " management duty"  of finding + getting the best

out of their playing staff. If 3 fail from those 5, its not just the players that have failed...!!!

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What's that little orange patch in his hair? I love it.

I think goals and assists will become more and more easy for Wilf as he develops, he's got everything.

It may be a sort of birth mark. I have a student whose of African descent who has a similar patch.

3 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

It may be a sort of birth mark. I have a student whose of African descent who has a similar patch.

It appeared overnight about two months back. Why he put colour in that particular area I have no idea.

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Have a look at his instagram story if you have him

No idea what's going on but him, kel and musa seemed to be having a great time lol

lol kel seems to be a big fan of weird dance moves and has gotten his bestie ndidi to join in

if you have dimi/chilly on instagram stories you can see more of the weird dancing in the bus to the hotel

4 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Have a look at his instagram story if you have him

No idea what's going on but him, kel and musa seemed to be having a great time lol

Kelechi is one drink away from getting on the dinner table and start twerking.

Been disappointed with Wilf so far this season, especially after the heights he reached last season. I know he's young so still has a lot to learn, but he's too sloppy in possession at the moment. We're constantly on the back foot whenever he loses the ball. Hope he steps it up, as I was hoping he'd be the anchor in midfield we need (especially if Drinky is off).

On 09/08/2017 at 17:07, Max Power said:

This lad is going to be an absolute star. Seems like a nice lad as well. Just hope he doesn't have TOO good a season this year tbh.

Perhaps we're putting too much pressure on his young shoulders?.. 

He's not looking the player he was when he first came into the team last season?... 

But then again he's partnering James who's just too slow and not good enough for the pace of the PL. 

Our CM problems are there for all to see yet again and if Drinkwater goes James is not a 'on the cheap ' adequate replacement... 

If Ndidi is to develop and flourish he needs someone a lot better than James alongside him. 

So James is responsible for him not being able to pass to a blue shirt or not picking up players. Well at least we know who this seasons scape goat is. :rolleyes:

N'didi is 20, we've played two of the best  teams in the league away from home. How about we cut him and James some bloody slack and see how they get on in games you'd actually expect us to get something from.

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Perhaps we're putting too much pressure on his young shoulders?.. 

He's not looking the player he was when he first came into the team last season?... 

But then again he's partnering James who's just too slow and not good enough for the pace of the PL. 

Our CM problems are there for all to see yet again and if Drinkwater goes James is not a 'on the cheap ' adequate replacement... 

If Ndidi is to develop and flourish he needs someone a lot better than James alongside him. 

You could be right, having James alongside him vs Drinkwater maybe doesn't compliment his game as well.

Maybe we are putting too much pressure on him, but last season he showed he was capable of dealing with pressure!

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

So James is responsible for him not being able to pass to a blue shirt or not picking up players. Well at least we know who this seasons scape goat is. :rolleyes:

N'didi is 20, we've played two of the best  teams in the league away from home. How about we cut him and James some bloody slack and see how they get on in games you'd actually expect us to get something from.

One of the more 'interesting' stats from last weeks win was Ndidi's pass completion. 

Hes currently at 65.7%. Only Shinji and Kasper are worse. For a CM that's genuinely awful. Considering he's averaging the 2nd most passes per game too then it becomes even more problematic (he's made the most inaccurate short passes).  

6 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

One of the more 'interesting' stats from last weeks win was Ndidi's pass completion. 

Hes currently at 65.7%. Only Shinji and Kasper are worse. For a CM that's genuinely awful. Considering he's averaging the 2nd most passes per game too then it becomes even more problematic (he's made the most inaccurate short passes).  

I would say the difference is he's being asked to be the more attacking forward thinking CM. It's a change to his style so it might take time for him to adapt.

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I would say the difference is he's being asked to be the more attacking forward thinking CM. It's a change to his style so it might take time for him to adapt.

It is currently a 10% dip on last season where he averaged 75.9%. 

It needs adressing quickly when considering that against a very very poor Brighton his accuracy was just 63%. 

Archived