Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

52 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

You could say it the other way round as well. James is not that much older than Ndidi yet I believe that he's far more accomplished at what he does. Ndidi catches the eye because of his energy and running around a lot but doesn't actually accomplish as much as James  in my opinion. He maybe to some also seems more exciting because he's a newer more expensive foreign signing compared to a player who been here some time but mainly injured. Consider though James's past pedigree compared to Ndidi, he came well schooled, as Pearson once said in interview, you reasonably knew what you were getting when you signed someone of a certain era from Man United. James has more to give yet and in case we should forget, any player can sustain a bad injury whether that be Mendy, Iheanacho or  Ndidi. James to me is like a valuable new signing, he did well yesterday and was unflustered compared to Ndidi who was like a rabbit in the headlights for one of the goals and slightly lost at times. He'll learn from that and is a promising young talent who appears well ahead of his years but, if I could only chose one player to partner Drinkwater or a very talented new signing, at the moment it would be James who through experience, would be able to adapt his game, he did it before with Cambiasso lest we forget. There's room for both, but unfashionable as it may be,  I don't get carried away with Ndidi yet. He was the best we had by far alongside Drinkwater when he arrived on the scene last season, but let's be honest, he didn't exactly have a lot to beat we were that bad. If that sounds harsh on Ndidi it isn't meant to sound that way a I think he's a tremendous young talent but I think some people don't seem to recognise James's worth.

James had lost his athleticism is my eyes, the injury he's had, they never come back as well in my opinion.

DD and Iborra could work, lots wrong with the midfield, like I posted earlier, we are so predictable in the way we set up, it's not hard to over run us.

442/4411 requires one shuttling midfielder and since James is immobile N'Didi is tasked with getting further forward which doesn't suit him at tall unfortunately. 

DD needs to stay and return to fitness as Iborra isn't the answer either.

Thats harsh Dickov22. A Young 20 yr old who's still learning comes to a new club and country and becomes an ever present as soon as he comes.  Does all this playing next to an out of sorts DD. He had a poor game yesterday but he had the combined might of Matic & Pogba to deal with. I would love to see him teamed up with another box to box midfielder like Nzonzi or Dembele.

I was disappointed with Wilf yesterday. Yes it was a difficult task with just two in central midfield. But he seemed to watch the game go past him at times, was half hearted in many challenges, was bullied by Pogba and Matic, and partly to blame for the opener by allowing Rashford space and time by failing to pick him up. One bad game doesn't make him a poor player and we know he can produce. But he has yet to show last season's form to date.

22 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Thats harsh Dickov22. A Young 20 yr old who's still learning comes to a new club and country and becomes an ever present as soon as he comes.  Does all this playing next to an out of sorts DD. He had a poor game yesterday but he had the combined might of Matic & Pogba to deal with. I would love to see him teamed up with another box to box midfielder like Nzonzi or Dembele.

It's not harsh at all. He was awful yesterday. Doesn't mean he hasn't been good in other games and won't be good again, but yesterday was his worst game for us. 

6 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I was disappointed with Wilf yesterday. Yes it was a difficult task with just two in central midfield. But he seemed to watch the game go past him at times, was half hearted in many challenges, was bullied by Pogba and Matic, and partly to blame for the opener by allowing Rashford space and time by failing to pick him up. One bad game doesn't make him a poor player and we know he can produce. But he has yet to show last season's form to date.

He was entirely at fault for their goal. It's his man. 

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

You could say it the other way round as well. James is not that much older than Ndidi yet I believe that he's far more accomplished at what he does. 

James is six years old than ndidi. You think there's about a 2 decade career as a footballer (break through late teens, retire mid to late 30s); that means James has had 25% of the average career before ndidi even started. He's hardly a young kid - what he should be is coming into his prime.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

James is six years old than ndidi. You think there's about a 2 decade career as a footballer (break through late teens, retire mid to late 30s); that means James has had 25% of the average career before ndidi even started. He's hardly a young kid - what he should be is coming into his prime.

Give him time he is still young. 

3 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

James had lost his athleticism is my eyes, the injury he's had, they never come back as well in my opinion.

DD and Iborra could work, lots wrong with the midfield, like I posted earlier, we are so predictable in the way we set up, it's not hard to over run us.

I agree with what you say regarding predictability and think it's a problem. There seems only one tactic and only one formation. Re James, I don't think he was ever the quickest anyway but I think he's being asked to play in a particular way by Shakey, mainly a more defensive shielding type player. I think that sort of protection would afford Drinkwater the more space and time he didn't get last year. Early days though but I think Iborra, who has yet to prove himself adaptable to the pace of the Premiership gives Shakespeare more options. 

30 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

To get the most out of Ndidi I think, if DD leaves, we need to purchase a very experienced midfielder. Someone who can talk him through games and demonstrate in game management.

Vicente................

On 29/08/2017 at 22:36, Ian Nacho said:

Players make mistakes, doesn't mean he's a bad player. Don't forget he's only 20 and hasn't even been in England for a year yet.

I didn't say he was a bad player. I said he had a bad game and was at fault for one of the goals. It happens. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Think we all agree Ndidi has gone backwards after a hugely encouraging start when he first came here (partnered with Drinkwater).... 

Is he struggling because the choice of his current partners are inferior? 

Feel sorry for the lad. 

He's being asked to dictate play and get forward more and he looks every inch a converted CB as he just hasn't got the passing.

His break up play is still there though, once silva is in the team he'll take on the role of the passer andndictating play and let N'didi got on with what he's good at, breaking up play and bombing on now and again.

He's having to do too much. Only saw yesterday's highlights (which weren't impressive) but it's felt like he's been doing almost 2 men's jobs each game this season. Playing in a 2, usually against a 3, usually alongside mediocre/sub standard players. And he's 20. Silva and/or Iborra had better be great. 

Archived