Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Will America Become More Racist with Trunp as President?

There's been so much oppression and division of races in America and stats show that even during Obama's presidency it's got worse. Will DT change it for the better or for worse? Did Obama divide or unite races in America? What will Trump do, given his apparent vindictive, racist stance? Is he right to highlight those non-ethnic Americans and prioritise America for the  (non-indigenous) Americans?

If this seems to succeed what does that mean for the rest of the world? Will it affect the (western) world view on ethnic diversity and acceptance?

I think the ethnic groups have a lot to fear.

Race in America is like class in this country. Any efforts to create a raceless society in the US will prove as futile as efforts to create a classless society here because how people identify themselves is ingrained into our culture. Crashing different identities together again and again will only result in a equal reaction to eventually smash apart. The best democracy can offer is to provide each group individually with a party they can vote for to represent their interests.

49 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Race in America is like class in this country. Any efforts to create a raceless society in the US will prove as futile as efforts to create a classless society here because how people identify themselves is ingrained into our culture. Crashing different identities together again and again will only result in a equal reaction to eventually smash apart. The best democracy can offer is to provide each group individually with a party they can vote for to represent their interests.

I agree, I think we divide ourselves. All enthnicities and classes do it. We do it over races, nationalities, gender, sexuality and intelligence. It's human nature and the French are twats.

When the kkk is a huge supporter of trump i cant see how things will get better. I think trump emboldened  white people specifically  to say what they feel in regards to race.

I think we will definitely see more cases of the "N" word or "terrorist" etc used as well as the classic "go back to where you came from" bollocks.

Im hoping americans are better than that though.

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

When the kkk is a huge supporter of trump i cant see how things will get better.

And when was the last time they wanted anybody other than the republican to win? Big supporters of Obama before Trump came along were they?!

I don't  see why we need a separate thread for this when we already have a Trump thread...

Probably a similar but greater effect to brexit in the way that thick chavs and grandads took it as validation of their racism - I imagine there are large numbers of very unintelligent Americans who voted trump now thinking it's ok to be racist, and when the president is pretty much a racist scumbag himself, maybe it is ok. Sucks to be you, America.

9 hours ago, Parafox said:

I think the ethnic groups have a lot to fear.

Everybody probably have a lot to fear.

Did you see the poor disabled white kid locked up and beaten by three "ethnic" people (not sure how to put that).

I'm not one of these people who will campaign Trump shouldn't be in the job but considering he has no past history of politics I'm sure that fears a lot of people.

If people were racist before they'll still be racist, if they weren't they still won't be. The growing problem in the Western world is intolerance and over reaction. Let's be honest whoever the republican candidate was the reaction would have been similar, just look what happened after our election/brexit vote. Some people need to learn that in a democracy sometimes you don't get the result you want.

25 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If people were racist before they'll still be racist, if they weren't they still won't be. The growing problem in the Western world is intolerance and over reaction. Let's be honest whoever the republican candidate was the reaction would have been similar, just look what happened after our election/brexit vote. Some people need to learn that in a democracy sometimes you don't get the result you want.

This is spot on. The racists will still be racists, they will just be more noticed/more open about it. Just like after the brexit vote when there was a spat of donkeys across the UK feeling brave and validated. 

Not seen any "hate-crime" numbers lately but can't say I've witnessed anything first hand, or seen much in the news about it for a while.

Think it will be the same in America tbh, they won't just all of a sudden become racist.  

14 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

This is spot on. The racists will still be racists, they will just be more noticed/more open about it. Just like after the brexit vote when there was a spat of donkeys across the UK feeling brave and validated. 

Not seen any "hate-crime" numbers lately but can't say I've witnessed anything first hand, or seen much in the news about it for a while.

Think it will be the same in America tbh, they won't just all of a sudden become racist.  

No one should take hate crime numbers seriously in this day and age, conference speeches, bike theft and wold whistling is sometimes recorded as it.

So so tired of all this nonsense about Trump being a racist. What an over used word, I must read it 100 times a day in various outlets. Im sick of seeing the word but what sickens me more is this repulsive social media lark which seems capable of swinging simple weak minded peoples opinions one way or another. These pathetic liberal minded snowflakes who spend their entire lives with eyes glued to cyberspace where nothing is real, they havent lived, not experienced enough to make judgement on world affairs.

27 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

no, it will just hide it less

True. But the word will be redefined. Build a wall? No you are taking America back. Torture immigrants? No you are making America great again. And it goes on. He has played into the hands of those with prejudices and made it OK to have prejudiced views because they are doing it for the better good.The ignorant came out in their droves to vote for Trump in a poor two horse race where you lost whichever one you backed.

11 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

True. But the word will be redefined. Build a wall? No you are taking America back. Torture immigrants? No you are making America great again. And it goes on. He has played into the hands of those with prejudices and made it OK to have prejudiced views because they are doing it for the better good.The ignorant came out in their droves to vote for Trump in a poor two horse race where you lost whichever one you backed.

America is fvcked

UK is fvcked

Europe is fvcked

Just watch Iddiocracy and plan for your future.

1 hour ago, somebum said:

So so tired of all this nonsense about Trump being a racist. What an over used word, I must read it 100 times a day in various outlets. Im sick of seeing the word but what sickens me more is this repulsive social media lark which seems capable of swinging simple weak minded peoples opinions one way or another. These pathetic liberal minded snowflakes who spend their entire lives with eyes glued to cyberspace where nothing is real, they havent lived, not experienced enough to make judgement on world affairs.

That you, Buzzy?

Hang on, spelling and punctuation is all correct, never mind.

Seriously some people on here are equating Trumps words of  "making America great again" with torturing immigrants?

The word racist and racism has completely lost its meaning with a lot of people, especially the young. As a non white person who grew up on the Braunstone estate in the 70s and 80s, I was subjected to racism pretty much everyday of my life. Now I have a young son who, when he used to see something he didn't  like or agree with, called it racist or racism. A couple of months ago my son told me one of his teachers was a racist. Worried I asked him why he said this. Apparently he was talking and didn't stop when the teacher asked and so was told off. For him that constituted racism, being reprimanded by a white teacher for talking in class. I put him straight but there are a lot of kids for whom that doesn't happen and the words are bandied about to describe all manner of situations. This breeds resentment and fuels hatred. 

Yesterday on Newsnight they said that the standard of living for black families has deteriorated badly under the 8 Obama years. Apparently the average income for a white household now is 143K whereas for a black household it is just 11K, or 7.7% of their white counter parts. This is scandalous and may be one of the reasons race relations are at an all time low under Obama. Now Trump talks of bringing jobs back to America and getting people off welfare. That should be music to most peoples ears especially poor black families whose income has completely crashed. Millions of illegal immigrants may be sent home, opening more, all be it poorly paid jobs, but at least it would be better then welfare and food stamps. Trump is called a racist but it was Hilary who had to apologise for calling young black men "super predators". Unfortunately I think there is an agenda funded by George Soros and his ilk that wants to divide and conquer. If he's successful then all of America will suffer, black, brown and white.

16 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

When the kkk is a huge supporter of trump i cant see how things will get better. I think trump emboldened  white people specifically  to say what they feel in regards to race.

I think we will definitely see more cases of the "N" word or "terrorist" etc used as well as the classic "go back to where you came from" bollocks.

Im hoping americans are better than that though.

Things wont change if people from all sides don't come together and all push in the right direction, just like in this country.  Certain groups might stop being victims and prosper if the left stop continuously telling them they are.

Just because the KKK endorsed Trump doesn't mean that he or the rest of his supporters have the same belief system as they do.  Hilary's mentor and good friend Senator Robert Byrd was a member of the KKK, does that mean she has the same views?  She accepted millions from the Saudi government, does that mean she supports women not being able to drive or the killing of gay people?  She was funded by Soros who has commited enough shady acts in destabilising countries for his own gain. 

Trump has the LGBTQAI community and countless snowflakes calling him homophobic when he hasn't said anything about them.  Hilary and Obama in the past have campaigned against gay marriage.  There was a lot of double standards in this election and offense taken to suit a certain narrative. 

I don't understand why the Women's march in London don't go and protest outside the Saudi embassy.  The women in that country are a little more oppressed than in the US.  Rather than getting angry over something he said 10 years ago they could chant Honour killings aren't honourable or please don't stone women and gays to death. 

Edited my terrable spelling ;) 

Archived