Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marky mark

How the owners must feel

Just now, Fox92 said:

Probably pleased.

They have enhanced their business in Europe. It is on the shirts and the ground of the Premier League champions, we've even got gold in our kit now.

Aslong as we're still in the Prem at the end of the season, they will be well chuffed.

Even the team who finishes bottom of the league get £100 million from TV revenue.

So by not getting relegated or even better, finishing in a respectable position, the owners will make a hefty amount no doubt.

Not to mention the cup runs with Champions League and FA Cup.

Our attendances have been superb since getting promoted.

And with the Premier League win last season, we now truly have a global presence. 20th richest now

The owners have also been popular amongst fans. When you see how inconsiderate and clueless some foreign owners are at other clubs, it makes me feel lucky that we have ones who truly understand. Would Nigel Pearson have been given that much time at another club? I doubt it

From a business point of view its a win-win even though we are going through a slump football-wise at the moment.

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ranieri has said in interviews that the owners aren't happy. Whilst I'm sure they didn't expect another miracle, a top 8 finish for a team that's just won the league and smashed their transfer record doesn't seem unrealistic and yet it's been a season of struggle. 

At at the same time Ranieri also said the owner asked if he could help in any way, e.g. new players, etc so it doesn't seem like the unhappiness is anger, just disappointment. 

Assuming we we survive the drop (which shouldn't be taken for granted) then the close season will be interesting. Doubt Ranieri will go (unless he resigns) but sweeping changes could be possible such as a new DoF or moving on some more players.

New contracts and pulling of the greatest achievement in our history has made a lot of the players less hungry. And whilst you would hope that professionals with lots of money could get past that, psychology is huge in any sport. You also have to keep in mind that players like Albrighton, Simpson, Ulloa, Okazaki, Morgan should not in a million years be League winners if you consider their technical skill. Somehow every player consistently raised their performance last year when there were no indications the players were capable of it. Truly a unique story and maybe the owners realise that there was a lot of luck involved. (But not belittling the achievement). 

Can absolutely guarantee there is no chance of that happening.

Pure speculation on my part but wouldn't be surprised if they've got one eye on opportunities in the Chinese league by now. Would make sense with them having Chinese heritage and with the way Chinese visitors now dominate the tourist numbers in Thailand. 

They are great owners but to be fair, the whole talk of top 5 etc is the same that all new owners say of clubs Leicester size. I am sure they know that we will also be a team that is trying to establish themselves as a Premier League team. They have given us good money to spend, but so have other clubs around us, such as Palace, WBA, Stoke, West Ham, Sunderland etc.

I think they know realistically, a top 10 finish will always be the aim, and more than likely, we will never quite be comfortable and each season, there is always a chance we could be in a battle to stay up. Therefore, I don't think they will be too alarmed by what is going on right now. They will be disappointed for sure, as staying in the league is huge for business but they will also be optimistic as we have a nice gap and a win tomorrow could really help us out. I am sure they will give us money to spend in this window too. 

I think the only way we will see any action taken from them, is if we go on a run with no wins and we get sucked into the bottom 3 or 4. I can see them panicking then, and making a change with the hope of a revival. I think it won't get to that, as I think the players will have too much fight and spirit to allow that to happen and we will dig out enough wins if we have to. 

Ranieri has come out and said the owners aren't happy with how things have turned out so far. In terms of revenue, etc, etc they will be pleased I'm sure, but the prospect of a relegation battle will be making them feel pretty disappointed

The owners wanted Claudio to concentrate on the Champions league and he has done that, we need now full concentration on the league but with the fa cup it is doubtful that will happen. We need to start performing in the league.fast

23 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

"Can't believe people still buy Kouros" and "Imagine if we'd have bought Derby" 

Other than that, they feel very happy, very very happy. 

Must admit I felt the Dogs when I went out in Town in the 80s wearing a splash of Kouros.

23 hours ago, Barky said:

Pure speculation on my part but wouldn't be surprised if they've got one eye on opportunities in the Chinese league by now. Would make sense with them having Chinese heritage and with the way Chinese visitors now dominate the tourist numbers in Thailand. 

Our owners have a lot of money, but looking at the crowds, world wide interest, is there any, and wages and transfer fees, I cannot see how the clubs keep a float in China 

Archived