Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

22 January 2017 - Faith in Claudio opinion poll

22nd January 2017 - Faith in Claudio opinion poll  

399 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claudio Ranieri still be manager of Leicester City Football Club?

3 minutes ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

Terrible support. This guy was the biggest part of our greatest achievement. He deserves to stay until he wants. If we go down so be it.

For what he has achieved he deserves a chance to stay on his terms

I honestly find this attitude unfathomable,he's a legend for what he did but where's the last straw? Would you have him take us down to league one? There's no excuses for where we are in the table.

2 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Listen lads.

We are still in the FA Cup and Champions League. He deserves the chance to try and progress us in them competitions.

He is pissing about with formations and we are missing 3 first teamers at the ACON. You wanted him to experiment because of the lack of Kante, he is experimenting.

**** the league this season. We are shit but I don't think we will be relegated because there is also plenty of shit around us.

Unless things drastically deteriorate further, give him the chance to get some new defenders in the summer and get a bit of creativity up front. A lot of these players are letting him down because subconsciously they are content with what they have achieved. He quite rightly trusted them because of how they performed last season but to him it's only this season that he is seeing the limitations of some of our players.

Have a bit of faith.

It's this kind of attitude that will see us relegated. No team is too good to go down. We can't rely on other teams being shit for us to stay up. We have to stay up on our own by getting enough points to stay up. 

Of course he stays. This is where we expected to be last season, but something very special happened. We over achieved - and this is not taking anything away from it. We are in-and-about where we should be. We fight and stay up and then try to build gradually in the way the Chairman anticipated we would. 

It's not going his way ATM and he's made mistakes but no doubt about it the problem is the players.

Morgan (!), Huth, Fuchs, Drinkwater, Okazaki & Vardy (especially) are all horrendously out of form, the latter doesn't even nearly look bothered anymore.

He lost the (let's face it) driving force behind our title win and there's no hope In hell of replacing him. And to make it worse our record signing and best player are half way across the world right now. 

Im not saying he's perfect, but right now - who'd do any better? 

Just now, jayfox26 said:

It's this kind of attitude that will see us relegated. No team is too good to go down. We can't rely on other teams being shit for us to stay up. We have to stay up on our own by getting enough points to stay up. 

Getting a new manager does not guarantee us more points.

Unless he has lost the dressing room, which I don't think he has, a new manager will not be getting more out of the team.

Seriously, people were optimistic after the Everton win. Two games later, and without 3 first teamers, about 50% of our fans have turned? True bandwagon mentality.

It's a very bloody strange one. I think for the most part our fans can accept losing as long as effort / application is evident, as 14/15 showed.

However this season we've been absolutely tanned how many times? Six, seven? After shelling out a small fortune, losing by 3 or more goals feels like it happens very regularly now to the point I'm almost apathetic to everything. The players should take a portion of the blame because they've been absolutely hideous this season but it's the manager's job to find a shape, system or method of playing that clicks and works. Any time we look to have turned a corner we seem to revert to being almost overwhelmingly gutless in the next fixture.

It's a shame but unfortunately today feels like the nadir of everything and I'd understand if the owner's thought a change was due.

3 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

It's not going his way ATM and he's made mistakes but no doubt about it the problem is the players.

Morgan (!), Huth, Fuchs, Drinkwater, Okazaki & Vardy (especially) are all horrendously out of form, the latter doesn't even nearly look bothered anymore.

He lost the (let's face it) driving force behind our title win and there's no hope In hell of replacing him. And to make it worse our record signing and best player are half way across the world right now. 

Im not saying he's perfect, but right now - who'd do any better? 

Depends on why the players look poor, if it is because they have lost faith in the manager, than the fix can be to change that. When Pearson was here that was never the case and it just required an adjustment with Huth coming in and our style of play. I can't see something like that being the problem this time

Don't want to see him sacked, but should resign to save some of his reputation here. 

Made some poor decisions in keeping the back 4 the same as last year even when we get slaughtered. Can't see any positives recently or any sign we might improve. Look poorer than the first year back in the prem under Pearson.

Dont think Ranieri is the man to keep us up

5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It's a very bloody strange one. I think for the most part our fans can accept losing as long as effort / application is evident, as 14/15 showed.

However this season we've been absolutely tanned how many times? Six, seven? After shelling out a small fortune, losing by 3 or more goals feels like it happens very regularly now to the point I'm almost apathetic to everything. The players should take a portion of the blame because they've been absolutely hideous this season but it's the manager's job to find a shape, system or method of playing that clicks and works. Any time we look to have turned a corner we seem to revert to being almost overwhelmingly gutless in the next fixture.

It's a shame but unfortunately today feels like the nadir of everything and I'd understand if the owner's thought a change was due.

This was all going so well until that apostrophe.

Stay.

Friday is huge though, I hope he realises that as well. 

I was of the opinion he stays whatever after last season, but the tactics, recruitment and effort has become a total shambles.

5 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Unless he has lost the dressing room, which I don't think he has, a new manager will not be getting more out of the team.

Seriously, people were optimistic after the Everton win. Two games later, and without 3 first teamers, about 50% of our fans have turned? True bandwagon mentality.

I'm not saying a new manager would change things. I'm saying that your attitude of us not getting relegated because other teams around us are shit is very naive. And I'm not convinced he hasn't lost the players. None of them are playing for him. Regardless of the change in tactics and formation etc, the genuine lack of effort and desire is frightening at the moment 

I feel awful for saying it but I think it's time to go. He'll always be a legend for last season but he looks lost and and beaten man now. The players look confused, uninterested and unmotivated. They have to take a large portion of the criticism but we need someone to come in and kick some arses and put some structure and desire back into our play.

Embarrassing pole result so far. Looks like 3/4 of the "support" want to sack the man who won our only ever league title and got us through to CL first round - something man city, man utd and other big teams never did at their first few attempts.

With support like this no wonder our players don't seem to give a sh*t

2 minutes ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

Embarrassing pole result so far. Looks like 3/4 of the "support" want to sack the man who won our only ever league title and got us through to CL first round - something man city, man utd and other big teams never did at their first few attempts.

With support like this no wonder our players don't seem to give a sh*t

'Wanting' him sacked and understanding if the owners decide a change is the right way to go are very different things. 

I can't decide...my heart says no after everything he did for us last season, and o desperately want him to succeed with us again...

...but my head says he just can't turn it around. Appreciate his honesty in today's post-match interview, but he's effectively admitting that he cannot improve our players by teaching them new formations...and that's not good enough for me.

13 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Not really, we've been crap all season, people feel optimism post Everton because we actually bothered to try, after half a season of terrible football and minimal effort it's easy to get optimistic. 

2 games later the fans realise it was a one off and we are back to lazy and incompetent, as we have been for probably 18 of our 22 games this season.

This is not bandwagon material, or have you not been on these forums this season? The players could not give a shit and Ranieri refuses to drop them or replace them. 

They are all as bad as eachother. 

Archived