Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

22 January 2017 - Faith in Claudio opinion poll

22nd January 2017 - Faith in Claudio opinion poll  

399 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claudio Ranieri still be manager of Leicester City Football Club?

7 hours ago, Mezeker said:

i have no idea, nor do i care to engage myself in that intellectual exercise. However if we stay up somebody young that wants to put in place a culture of playing expansive, progressive football. Don't ask me for a name.

Well chain of thought suggests that if you feel that he should be sacked, you might have at least had a think about who would could bring in immediately and who that would actually make a difference before the end of the season. 

I'd suggest that list is short to non-existent. 

Lose to Derby and Burnley and play out a nil nil with Swansea (sets us up like he did at Boro) I'm afraid it might be taken out of his hands anyways!

For me he needs to shake a few things up! Start by dropping Morgan! Yes we dont have many options but these he's in a rut and making far too many mistakes! I'd actually give Amartey a chance (when he is back) alongside either Huth or even Ndidi! 

To be fair to him we moaned before xmas about him not changing it and when he does it doesnt work so he's in a tricky situation! 

I actually blame Rudkin more then Ranieri at the moment! Panic buying! its clear that three or four signings last summer weren't claudios! Time to sack Rudkin and co for the abysmal summer window! we don't need a DoF 

No clear transfer strategy last summer is now plain obvious! Top heavy on attacking players and leaving our ageing defence to rot is a total joke

SIGN BLOODY DEFENDERS

18 hours ago, ealingfox said:

We're 100% going down if he stays and everything is as it is now on 1st Feb. We're the worst team in the league at the moment. Can't believe Im saying that considering our starting point, but its true. And the reality is the biggest factor in that is poor management.

Nobody wants him gone, but he could have few complaints.

I'll not absolve the players of blame because a few of them need binning much more than Ranieri does.

So for me it's either do at least 3 big money deals or sack him.

Exactly. I don't think anybody is saying sack him because we're 15th. If I was offered 15th at the end of the season with Ranieri staying, i'd take it. I've lost faith in him, because we're staring relegation in the face. 

We're 5 points above the bottom 3, so what? There's a long way to go and we've still got 16 games to drop even further down the table. Something massive has to change and if the manager doesn't do it, it could be them.

He follows the same pattern at every club.

i remember vividly a female Italian journalist calling radio Leicester telling us that Ranieri will end in tears. She said as soon as he puts his own stamp on a side it quickly goes downhill.....

Last season he didn't need to change a thing. His signings were Inler and Benalouane. This season he's had a full summer transfer window and turned us into an abomination. This is becoming as bad as things were under Peter Taylor. Heading one way, with new signings not up to it , and players the wrong side of 30 on massive contracts. Worrying times. We cannot go down. 

3 hours ago, Livid said:

I've calmed down since yesterday.

Prior to the last two games we had ground out a draw at Middlesbrough and a win at Everton. He then changes it, as many on here have been screaming for, and we get turned over.

He's damned either way.

Sorry but I'm not having that, people were perfectly happy with us going to a three and trying that. Nobody moaned particularly about that despite a boring point at Boro, we then won at Everton with the same formation. People actually started to feel like if we were given time in that formation we might start picking up some points.

We then go to a back three, then we go to a diamond... Nobody was asking to change formation every game. That's suicidal and ridiculous to ask of players who have only played 442 for a year and a half. Getting players used to the three was going to take time... chucking in another two formations was utterly pointless and looked like a man not knowing what he's doing. By the sounds of his interview after the games he's now chucked away new formations and is just going to play 442.

Just looks clueless at to what we need to do to solve the issues.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Sorry but I'm not having that, people were perfectly happy with us going to a three and trying that. Nobody moaned particularly about that despite a boring point at Boro, we then won at Everton with the same formation. People actually started to feel like if we were given time in that formation we might start picking up some points.

We then go to a back three, then we go to a diamond... Nobody was asking to change formation every game. That's suicidal and ridiculous to ask of players who have only played 442 for a year and a half. Getting players used to the three was going to take time... chucking in another two formations was utterly pointless and looked like a man not knowing what he's doing. By the sounds of his interview after the games he's now chucked away new formations and is just going to play 442.

Just looks clueless at to what we need to do to solve the issues.

I'll forgive him the Chelsea experiment as he was obviously thought that was the way to get a result, the decision to go with yesterdays formation was indeed confusing.

5 hours ago, stevebrock said:

IMO he's lost the dressing room 

Sadly I think you're right. And when that happens it's usually terminal. 

I despise Souness but his points after the game yesterday about a lack of desire are spot-on. The Foxes never quit / getting stuck in mentality of last season has vanished. 

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Sadly I think you're right. And when that happens it's usually terminal. 

I despise Souness but his points after the game yesterday about a lack of desire are spot-on. The Foxes never quit / getting stuck in mentality of last season has vanished. 

Despising people in sport / entertainment is rather Weird imo.

I like listening to ex-players, whether they have different opinions, or come out with thoughts that confirm my ideas,

doesnt make me the pundit experts, they are opinions.

Souness doesnt cherry pick, or state blindly the obvious.Even last season I enjoy listening to the mix n pix ideas of

the Various  pundits. It amazes me that forums attack pundits and not the failings of their own club.

Like now in politics, we have major problems, all around, and political Journalists and MPs decide to make a minor point

a Massive Ridiculous failing on Trident.

We have a major problem at our club, the pundits thoughts, positive or negative are nothing...because the relevant

people dont listen. That said...Sounes yesterday..hit the preverbial  nail. Still doesnt change the fact we are bickering

Over Claudio and the players.

We are struggling because the players have lost it, what ever that Individual  'it' is.

Its Claudios and his staff job to do something about 'It'   Its seems both parties are failing.

Its unfair, bit upto now in history, no club management have sacked their 1st team.

The lack of faith is heaped then on the management and staff....So 3 basic  questions.

1.  Do we have Faith this manager with this team/squad can survive this season??

2.    "   "              "  "        this team have the character to help themselves out of their predicament.team/individual

3.   "       "                "  that a new manager with this team, can keep our heads above 18th place.

One seperate question..If there is no investment in any CBs in this transfer window, should Claudio +staff go anyway??

it. 

Archived