Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

22 January 2017 - Faith in Claudio opinion poll

22nd January 2017 - Faith in Claudio opinion poll  

399 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claudio Ranieri still be manager of Leicester City Football Club?

I dont think any of us truly want him gone. 

Im torn because he is the man. He deserves to see out champs league and sure have a chance to turn things around.

It's plain to see that he has lost the players (or vice versa) and the scare is that we are going down if things keep going this way.

Cant fault anyone for saying yes or no at this point as i understand both sides.  I suppose the no side is hoping new manager is new motivation.  Thing is what if its not? 

Tough call.

If he is removed then we probably don't add to the squad which is critically needed. If he stays there's a risk performances and spirit gets even worse. I think at this point keep things as is and reinforce the defence. A defeat at Burnley with the window closed and then it's time up. 

54 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't think they'll sack him though that's the thing.

I think if we're still flirting with the bottom 3 by Sevilla second leg they will pull the trigger.

4 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Those people voting "NO" think back 6 months. Then think of all the other times in 120|+ years we've achieved that ..... then hang your head in shame. 

It absolutely kills me seeing this happen under our title winning manager, but how long do we accept these performances. I don't know whether a change of manager is the right call or not, but my concern is that it's a common theme throughout Claudio's managerial career that he has a good first season with a club and then has a very poor second season. 

Both the manager and players are to blame but as for Claudio he looks lost, all stemmed from that home game where he took Gray off and the fans booed him. Played 4-3-3 against Everton we win but he changes it again, why change a winning formula? Try and matches Chelsea up and we get destroyed, not only that his decisions in that game were a joke. Making the same type of comments after games, he just seems far too soft for my liking, last season he could laugh, he could joke but now we're in a predicament where he has to get tough, which he doesn't look like showing. Now after today he said it might be best to go back to basics and go 4-4-2, worked in a few home games but apart from that we've been battered everytime we've played it this season.

Do I trust him to get in players by deadline day...nope. Do I trust him to get us points away at Burnley & Swansea...nope. 

Brilliant person, what he did last season will never be forgotten it was truly amazing.

Met him with my wife and his attitiude and personality is very infectious.

However that was last season, he has lost the chaging room in my opinion, quite a few unhappy players in the squad at the moment, he has lost his way tactics wise, maybe give him a job upstairs as he deserves this at least.

As a coach he must go, we lose virtually every game in the same poor style and its starting to grate now.

Thanks Claudio.  

Ps here is the picture of my Mrs and the Don. 

ranieri.jpg

9 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Those people voting "NO" think back 6 months. Then think of all the other times in 120|+ years we've achieved that ..... then hang your head in shame. 

Whilst I agree with what you're saying to an extent, we are in the here and now. And while us winning the league was an unbelievable achievement beyond any of our wildest dreams, getting relegated would be an absolute disaster. And at the moment that is looking increasingly likely 

2 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Brilliant person, what he did last season will never be forgotten it was truly amazing.

Met him with my wife and his attitiude and personality is very infectious.

However that was last season, he has lost the chaging room in my opinion, quite a few unhappy players in the squad at the moment, he has lost his way tactics wise, maybe give him a job upstairs as he deserves this at least.

As a coach he must go, we lose virtually every game in the same poor style and its starting to grate now.

Thanks Claudio.  

Ps here is the picture of my Mrs and the Don. 

ranieri.jpg

A rare glimpse of the lcfc secret service in the background...

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Today has changed my mind.

I've been firmly of the opinion that he deserves our Champions League campaign but now he needs to walk. This season has been an absolute disaster and he's showing no signs of motivation or changing tactics and formations to solve it. 

The squad is horribly out of form and nobody looks like wanting to repair their pride. What happened last season was nothing short of sensational and he'll be a legend for me whatever happens but he needs to accept that this is a mess that he doesn't have the ability to sort out.

Please Ranieri, announce your resignation and walk out with your head high. You deserve better and so do we.

This pretty much sums it up for me. I've always backed him but nothing is working anymore.

Since we won the league, we bought Musa, Kapustka, Slimani, Ndidi, etc and lost one first team player (albeit one of the best to ever play for us) but we are far worse than before. Whether its tactics or motivation from players, its ultimately his responsibility.

The only games we've looked good recently are Stoke away in the second half and Man City at home and you could argue Stoke was a result of players galvanising after the Vardy red card or Pep's tactical mistakes respectively.

I didnt expect us to be challenging for the league but I expect a season similar to the one West Brom are currently experiencing at least.

So sad but I think he's lost it, everything he built last year as totally collapsed. You can't spent £75million and be in a relegation scrap no matter what you achieved last season. Everything has suddenly gone stale, it appears to me a fresh start is required. You compare this team to the one we had in 2014-15 season were we rock bottom at this stage, we were playing good football but just didn't have that final edge, they were unlucky. That team at least had a go, this current one has too many players still day dreaming about last season and thinking about the high wages there on. 

Drop Drinkwater, Drop Morgan. Dont select Shinji has 1st choice.

Just to change something, drop Fuchs (hes not the problem).

We are as a team offering zero. 

So just change everything, to force the players to take a different approach..

Guest Danny Clender

Time for Claudio to realise he has a bunch of players that won the Premier League.

The same bunch of players that have no commitment, no desire, no skill to play a simple game of football.

Sorry Claudio, there's no way out, these same players have betrayed you.

Retire now and have your reputation still in tact. 

1 hour ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

Terrible support. This guy was the biggest part of our greatest achievement. He deserves to stay until he wants. If we go down so be it.

For what he has achieved he deserves a chance to stay on his terms

Oh really? With the insane wages the players are on and all the money spent? Becoming England's laughing stock doesn't bother you either?

I have a slightly different question.

Let's say we go on a good run finish comfortably between 10th and 14th and go out of CL without embarrassment, would you still keep Ranieri for next season? 

45 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

People like you are blind to see the the foundations of success did not come from CR but was mainly to our back room staff from last season built from NP, this season since we have lost very key personnel in that department that was near enough freely allowed to walk with no fight trying to keep them here is really starting to show CR true level of managerial skills,

1. Lost the dressing room 

2. Players think they are in charge 

3. Has no back bone

4. Foxes never quit well they never did until the start of this season

5. Tactically clueless

6. Does not know his best team

7. Transfers are and have been shocking

8. Says we played well when haven't the team needs constructive criticism

anyone who has said they want him in charge are happy with championship football and being a laughing stock of English football, i don't care about a man keeps his job or not I care about my football club playing at the highest level the best they can.

its a business and the owners will not be happy give a new manager some time in transfer window to sort the shit out that CR has done this season,

dont get get me wrong I congratulate him on the success he brought to our football club last season but he needs to walk or get sacked.

Am I happy with the current state of things - no.

Do I think that Claudio is a good manager - yes.

Do I think that if he is sacked that history will judge us as the most ungrateful set of supporters in the history of the sport.  Also yes.

So for me - he stays.

55 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

That was last season. Its gone.

Norhing lasts forever.

Chelsea sacked their greatest manager ever. Do/did you disagree with that?

10 minutes ago, Koke said:

I have a slightly different question.

Let's say we go on a good run finish comfortably between 10th and 14th and go out of CL without embarrassment, would you still keep Ranieri for next season? 

In that case he'd have worked it out and turned us around - when he's got us into a working pattern we've been very good, so definitely. I'm more concerned that he doesn't seem to be able to turn this decay around.

Archived