Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

22 January 2017 - Faith in Claudio opinion poll

22nd January 2017 - Faith in Claudio opinion poll  

399 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claudio Ranieri still be manager of Leicester City Football Club?

Voted yes. There's a saying " dance with the one that brought you". I am not happy right now with him (or the players) but he showed me in the after match interview that he can recognize when he is wrong and admit it. If he'd have come out spouting the same shit about performance I'd have voted for him to go. But as it is, last season threw a glorious monkey wrench into his plans for rebuilding this team according to the owners vision of becoming a consistently top 6 team. And that success I think has given our owners, who are business men not football men, the opportunity to further their brand with the Champions League run and are more focused on that spur in the road than the premier league as Souness said after the match.

Not that they want to see us relegated, I am sure (in my own mind) they asked Claudio where he thought we could finish in the prem this year, liked the answer and made CL more of a priority while they have the opportunity.

So I don't think they will sack him and Claudio won't resign, they gave him a few more years on contract to achieve what their goals are with the club.

And if you think about it from their perspective going down wouldn't be all bad for them what with the increased attention and publicity of being the Champions of England one year and relegation the next, all publicity is good publicity they say and if they're not talking about you they're not thinking about you.

I hope Claudio can make the changes within himself and the team to keep this run going and first keep us up and next make us a damn good consistent top ten team for all our sakes.

I am willing to give him the time left on his contract to do that.

We're 100% going down if he stays and everything is as it is now on 1st Feb. We're the worst team in the league at the moment. Can't believe Im saying that considering our starting point, but its true. And the reality is the biggest factor in that is poor management.

Nobody wants him gone, but he could have few complaints.

I'll not absolve the players of blame because a few of them need binning much more than Ranieri does.

So for me it's either do at least 3 big money deals or sack him.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I think if we're still flirting with the bottom 3 by Sevilla second leg they will pull the trigger.

That would be too late. Mid february tops. Sooner if we lose to Derby and Burnley.

1 hour ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

People like you are blind to see the the foundations of success did not come from CR but was mainly to our back room staff from last season built from NP, this season since we have lost very key personnel in that department that was near enough freely allowed to walk with no fight trying to keep them here is really starting to show CR true level of managerial skills,

1. Lost the dressing room 

2. Players think they are in charge 

3. Has no back bone

4. Foxes never quit well they never did until the start of this season

5. Tactically clueless

6. Does not know his best team

7. Transfers are and have been shocking

8. Says we played well when haven't the team needs constructive criticism

anyone who has said they want him in charge are happy with championship football and being a laughing stock of English football, i don't care about a man keeps his job or not I care about my football club playing at the highest level the best they can.

its a business and the owners will not be happy give a new manager some time in transfer window to sort the shit out that CR has done this season,

dont get get me wrong I congratulate him on the success he brought to our football club last season but he needs to walk or get sacked.

Proves the fans have lost it too...scratching each others eyes out..:blink:

2 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Those people voting "NO" think back 6 months. Then think of all the other times in 120|+ years we've achieved that ..... then hang your head in shame. 

You can separate the two. Last season was incredible and something I never thought I'd see but the club doesn't just stop there and then. This season has been dreadful in the main. We cannot use the unexpected title win to justify awful performances and bad results otherwise what would be the point of carrying on as fans?

Just yesterday i watch  our last season highlights i was wondering  what has happened  did one man really  make that much of an impact? you can see the fight the fearless and the never give up attitude, all i see now is player not caring  enough. Someone  really  need to show them highlights  of last season just to remind them what they are cos i refuse  to  accept that this is the same lcfc from last season and i refuse to believe  ONE made our team. 

2 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Just yesterday i watch  our last season highlights i was wondering  what has happened  did one man really  make that much of an impact? you can see the fight the fearless and the never give up attitude, all i see now is player not caring  enough. Someone  really  need to show them highlights  of last season just to remind them what they are cos i refuse  to  accept that this is the same lcfc from last season and i refuse to believe  ONE made our team. 

One player doesn't, we played without Kante last season and still had a more attacking philosophy. Right now we seem to be happy to sit back and invite teams on to us. When we have the ball there isn't any movement so they resort to huff ball. All completely the opposite of last season with or without Kante. 

If he goes now he will always have my respect... but if this drags on to a relegation then I can't be so sure. Just this season He's spent over 80 million with more to come this window.. plus the inflated wages of the others...

relegation would ruin us.

I always thought he'd go at the end of this season but with the gratitude of everyone as we finished in a decent top 10 spot.

feel we're at a tipping point where the whole thing implodes. Lose embarrassingly to Derby and Burnley and i think the owners will be left with a big call.

I don't want to see Claudio sacked, but for the sake of the football club he has to go. We just can't afford to go down. We are a solid club, great infrastructure, good training facilities, fantastic owners, 32,000 fans every week etc.

The club deserves better than what's been produced this season and I'm not convinced Claudio is capable of turning it around. 

I'm really sorry to say it but he needs to go. We need fresh ideas because he looks at a loss and I'm not sure the players are playing for him. He just doesn't strike me as a disciplinarian.

He shouldn't take all of the blame though as there's too many players that have massively let him down! We need a complete overhaul of that sad excuse of a defense and anyone else that doesn't wanna be here can **** right off. I can accept us losing games but not in the manner we are doing 

If we're being revisionist, what has Ranieri actually done to improve the team since he took over? He took over a team in title-winning form, and deserves massive credit for holding them at that level long enough to achieve something massive. We will never forget that.

But let's not forget he tried to stop us from signing Kanté. By his own admission he wasn't keen. Walsh forced his hand on that one. So if he'd had his own way there'd have been no title and I imagine last season would probably have been much more like this one, even with the serene conditions he was bequeathed. His signings have been doggo, and the off-pitch elements have only declined. 

This is difficult for me as I always try to see the positives and am still pinching myself over last season's amazing achievements! 

However, today there were NO positives whatsoever and we were shocking.

I love Claudio and the players for what they achieved but to find ourselves playing like this and sliding into danger of returning to the shit pit which is the Championship is disgusting and unforgivable. 

Management and players need to do something now or change needs to happen fast and that shocks and upsets me having to say it after last year!

6 minutes ago, CPW22 said:

I don't want to see Claudio sacked, but for the sake of the football club he has to go. We just can't afford to go down. We are a solid club, great infrastructure, good training facilities, fantastic owners, 32,000 fans every week etc.

The club deserves better than what's been produced this season and I'm not convinced Claudio is capable of turning it around. 

I am neither agreeing or disagreeing with you.....

Honest question...

We let him go..Then ???

What manager could turn it around within 16 games.

Its the players, who have to take themselves...by the scruff of the kneck, kick themselves into shape..or

'Get with it', re-find or discover a shape, and their basic form again.

I actually feel sorry for Claudio, the players have been protected by him, but they cant or are no Longer capable

of producing  any gutsy or fearless  performance, for him, themselves, the fans nor the club....

If I was Claudio, I would sit them down, and tell them to sort it out themselves, and ask what   they really  want, now go

out and see if you can give those Fans  and club, the last 9 games of the great Escape season, and the 1st 8 games of the

Title season...!!!!

I gave my all for 22 games, now sort out your own shit..Any doubts I will be the sound bite...or words to that effect.

Or...or  have the balls to drop Morgan ,Fuchs and D.Drinkwater.  Including for Sevilla aswell....

4-4-2.

Simpson...Huth...Benny...Chilwell

Mendy Ndidi King...Gray

.....Kapu...Vardy...

Selection + formations mean nothing now!! 

Its a question of Which players, can/want/will try to put in that desire and character.

Pick a captain, who wants to shout the odds, and push the team forward..

I really hate the notion of player power, in regards to a managers position. Having said that, if theire is genuine dissillusionment at what is being asked of you as a team then there is no alternative. The owners must be gutted, think highly of CR and no doubt have a good relationship. They will also acknowledge last season and this years progression in CL group. But they are no fools and when decline is placed in front of you its hard to ignore. Come at the wrong time, window closing and a desperate need for defensive reinforcements. Alongside no doubt concerns about recent transfers, no one likes throwing good money after bad. Nightmare situation. Cant help but feel next 3 games will bring a change in manager or upturn in fortune, just hope its the latter.

Archived