Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

22 January 2017 - Faith in Claudio opinion poll

22nd January 2017 - Faith in Claudio opinion poll  

399 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claudio Ranieri still be manager of Leicester City Football Club?

8 hours ago, Beechey said:

In fairness he's changed formation about every game for the last month. Likely part of the problem. We lose our two main players (Mahrez and Slimani) and we have to adapt and play an entirely new kind of game. It's just been awful.

But that's the thing - he's been able to work with this squad for a year and a half and you're telling me there's no emergency plan in case players like Mahrez and Slimani are on international duty? Instead of strengthening the squad in all areas over the summer so that we don't have to be overly fearful we could lose some of our punch, we've been exposed to an influx of attackers and central midfielders (that mostly yet have to make the desired impact). And the alternative(s) in defense that we have or the few that made the move to Leicester hardly feature.

6 hours ago, Koke said:

I have a slightly different question.

Let's say we go on a good run finish comfortably between 10th and 14th and go out of CL without embarrassment, would you still keep Ranieri for next season? 

No, I'm hoping for this scenario. He leaves and the club make a forward thinking appointment.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

No, I'm hoping for this scenario. He leaves and the club make a forward thinking appointment.

I agree. Sad to say but I have little faith in Ranieri taking us forward. And it seems like 65-70% of the fan base have lost faith in him as well.

I feel remarkably proud of myself that my answer is for him to stay - at this moment in time, not forgiving him everything and extremely happy, and not saying he gets forever no matter what.

I have often admitted that I am a fickle football fan running on emotion depending virtually on the result of the day, but crikey, lots on here have got it far worse than me.

It's not good, but it aint that bad. We lost 2 games in a row 3-0 and have slipped to 4 points away from the drop zone. Do you realise how long it could take for some of them to catch us. I am confident enough.

As we were undoubtedly lucky that the top teams were shit last season, I think we may well be lucky that the shit teams are as shit as they are. 

We will be just good enough I think, and after screaming at Graham Souness pre match I stand by it, if we can get a run at any point and hit mid table, and a good run in fa cup along with Champions League performance so far, I'll consider it a ****ing good season.

Not as good as I hoped it would be after the high of last season, but in the context of our football club, a ****ing good season nonetheless

The whole team were slow out of the blocks this season, it was as if they all turned up and thought that they would all be dining out on last season for the rest of their lives.  I think Claudio is one of only a few that realise the prediciment that we are in.  In his post match interview, he really looked like he was under pressure and frustrated.  The comment about the players not understanding the system...  The players get paid a good wage to do nothing else but understand the system!  They should be ashamed.  Too many of the players have gone awol this season...  Vardy - pointless being on the pitch, hardly touches the ball, he'll be dropped from the next England squad without a doubt.  Mahrez - Too lazy too often, Morgan, Fuchs, Huth - all past it.  Drinkwater - Looks lost without Kante.  These are the people that should be binned from the club but it won't happen.

Keep Claudio for now.  It's just too risky to swap and change at the end of January.  If he keeps us  up, which I believe he will, he should be allowed to leave at the end of the season and a major overhaul of playing staff takes place.

I am not going to vote yet. Splinters in the bum stance. His comments on poor formation changes after the game were right and he can address those with better players like Ndidi unlike earlier in the campaign. Was a big mistake though changing for last two games. However, what's missing is motivation and desire. Harder to change if the players don't want it. Think Derby and Burnley crucial. Out of the cup and no return at Turf Moor could well be end of the road.  

We just keep getting worse and it's inexcusable, he's benefitted from the best resources we've ever had and yet we're heading towards relegation. It's sad because I desperately want him to achieve further success with us but it's apparent that he can't turn it around because the players aren't playing for him.

Danny Murphy wrote a piece on the BBC about our our car crash of tactics today.

It tends to suit teams who have the majority of possession and play a lot of football because you have got four men in the centre of midfield and, although you are lacking in the wide areas, you should have at least one extra man in the middle. That is the theory anyway.

What actually happened with Leicester was they did not try to play out from the back and keep hold of the ball to use that extra man.

And, when they lost the ball, the guys who were in the diamond were crossing positions too much because they were not sure when to look for the ball in middle or when to go and try to win it out wide.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38713714

8 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

People like you are blind to see the the foundations of success did not come from CR but was mainly to our back room staff from last season built from NP, this season since we have lost very key personnel in that department that was near enough freely allowed to walk with no fight trying to keep them here is really starting to show CR true level of managerial skills,

1. Lost the dressing room 

2. Players think they are in charge 

3. Has no back bone

4. Foxes never quit well they never did until the start of this season

5. Tactically clueless

6. Does not know his best team

7. Transfers are and have been shocking

8. Says we played well when haven't the team needs constructive criticism

anyone who has said they want him in charge are happy with championship football and being a laughing stock of English football, i don't care about a man keeps his job or not I care about my football club playing at the highest level the best they can.

its a business and the owners will not be happy give a new manager some time in transfer window to sort the shit out that CR has done this season,

dont get get me wrong I congratulate him on the success he brought to our football club last season but he needs to walk or get sacked.

I knew it.

People like me know nothing ...... Pearson actually won the league title last season, not Claudio. 

I've said 'yes' as I believe he will find a way to earn results again. He's made some bad decisions this season - rather like Pearson before - a diamond formation at Southampton feels awfully familiar doesn't it?

But I'm confident some sort of effective midfield combination will be arrived at eventually. I suspect that may mean consistently playing with 3 CMs away from home (which a lot of us have asked for all season) and maybe something else at home.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Who would you bring in?

i have no idea, nor do i care to engage myself in that intellectual exercise. However if we stay up somebody young that wants to put in place a culture of playing expansive, progressive football. Don't ask me for a name.

3 minutes ago, Mezeker said:

i have no idea, nor do i care to engage myself in that intellectual exercise. However if we stay up somebody young that wants to put in place a culture of playing expansive, progressive football. Don't ask me for a name.

You make it sound like answering his question would be a big task when it really isn't.

10 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

People like you are blind to see the the foundations of success did not come from CR but was mainly to our back room staff from last season built from NP, this season since we have lost very key personnel in that department that was near enough freely allowed to walk with no fight trying to keep them here is really starting to show CR true level of managerial skills,

1. Lost the dressing room 

2. Players think they are in charge 

3. Has no back bone

4. Foxes never quit well they never did until the start of this season

5. Tactically clueless

6. Does not know his best team

7. Transfers are and have been shocking

8. Says we played well when haven't the team needs constructive criticism

anyone who has said they want him in charge are happy with championship football and being a laughing stock of English football, i don't care about a man keeps his job or not I care about my football club playing at the highest level the best they can.

its a business and the owners will not be happy give a new manager some time in transfer window to sort the shit out that CR has done this season,

dont get get me wrong I congratulate him on the success he brought to our football club last season but he needs to walk or get sacked.

How do you know that the players think they're in charge?

Changed my mind (again) since yesterday and think we should keep him for now.

He's tried something new in the last 2 games but they havent worked. He's recognised that now so hopefully he'll go back to basics.

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Changed my mind (again) since yesterday and think we should keep him for now.

He's tried something new in the last 2 games but they havent worked. He's recognised that now so hopefully he'll go back to basics.

I've calmed down since yesterday.

Prior to the last two games we had ground out a draw at Middlesbrough and a win at Everton. He then changes it, as many on here have been screaming for, and we get turned over.

He's damned either way.

Archived