Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blizzard

Southampton (A) Post Match thread 3 - 0

I'm not denying that Claudio's position is untenable, but I'm not sure that sacking him will do us any good. The players deserve the blame just as much as he does. Besides, who is out there to steady the ship?

Also, I just find this situation inexplicable, we currently have more or less the same squad that won the league and we have suddenly become a lot worse.

And if we're not careful, Derby will turn us over on Friday. They'll be relishing this.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

So the solution is to go back to the same formation that couldn't get a win away.. good times

Exactly that's his solution. I love the bloke but he has ran out of ideas, it's time for a younger and hungrier manager to come in. I want to see a bit of passion on the side lines and the players to feel the fear. Claudio is too nice and that's great win your winning but these f@*kers need a nasty side of a manager to get them going.

Just now, Struwwelpeter60 said:

It baffles me, that the same players, that

were so poor today, won 2:1 at Goodison Park,

against a team, that a few days later trashed

ManCity 4:0.

Jekyll and Hyde.

Talking of Hyde we would have struggled to beat them today. 

Just now, Chelve84 said:

Exactly that's his solution. I love the bloke but he has ran out of ideas, it's time for a younger and hungrier manager to come in. I want to see a bit of passion on the side lines and the players to feel the fear. Claudio is too nice and that's great win your winning but these f@*kers need a nasty side of a manager to get them going.

Its almost like the players played worse to prove a point, like little spoilt overpaid brats

1 minute ago, dayday said:

How do you expect the players to perform when you are forever changing the system, we look like a team that ain't got a clue what it supposed to be doing.

Carry on tinkering and we are going down.

didnt have anything to lose did he

no tinkering.... lose away from home

tinkering lose away from home

1 minute ago, iamafox said:

I'm not denying that Claudio's position is untenable, but I'm not sure that sacking him will do us any good. The players deserve the blame just as much as he does. Besides, who is out there to steady the ship?

Also, I just find this situation inexplicable, we currently have more or less the same squad that won the league and we have suddenly become a lot worse.

And if we're not careful, Derby will turn us over on Friday. They'll be relishing this.

Trouble is you can sack one manager but not a dozen players. That's the trouble they are not answerable and it's funny how things can change when the manager does go. 

The players remind me a lot of me when I'm at work.

I always hope that it will not be too busy.

I always aim to do as little as possible.

I am only there because of the money.

I don't give a shit about the Company I work for.

Diamond in midfield is very misunderstood even by professionals. Our players are not going to understand it in one game.

Great video of Cruyff talking with other Dutch jounos on the diamond in midfield. To be honest Claudio is giving our players to much trust hoping they could play it properly.

The bunch of them do get zero marks for effort though. Really poor. Drinky has been really poor, just can't understand how it could get this bad in such a short time, even after all the money spent

20 minutes ago, Donut said:

They should grow a pair and fvcking stand up and put a shift in.

There are players representing this club with abysmal attitudes. And I mean ABYSMAL

They have a manager that never publically criticises them, he acts like a true gent, he even called a team meeting to discuss issues within the team, formations etc rather than giving them the my way or the highway treatment.

They are back stabbing little fvcks. ALL the vitriol should be directed at them.

No matter what formation Claudio tries, what plans he has, the players stab him in the back and dont give one ounce of anything.

And that was after this man elevated to them to a level in their career they had absolutely no right to achieve. Piss poor Pearson signings like Morgan, donkeys like Albrighton, Huth who is a glorified nightclub bouncer. Vardy who looks like its above him to close a defender down now he has a few England caps and a Premier League medal.

Claudio inspired you to do that.

You cant just turn it on and off like a tap.

Im absolutely seething at these gobshite players, many of whom are bastard sons of Pearson who you all adore, theyre useless boneheads that deserve nothing.

Awful post. Why do the players get none of the credit last year and all of the blame this year? Claudio has lost the plot this season as much as they've let themselves down.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Assuming none of us are at the top of our professions, try to imagine a comparable situation happening to you in your job as happened to these players last season. then being paid a lot more to do your job without having to perform to those same levels. 

Are you going  to break your neck?  I suspect you aren't and that's the problem. I'm sure it isn't a conscious thing - they likely can't work it out themselves - all those extra tenths of a percent, be it in the preparation of the players and coaching/fitness staff or the performance on the pitch - these extra tenths are all missing and it delivers what you see each week. 

like i said earlier, hopefully the realisation once they drop into the bottom three of what they actually face may shake them up - hopefully the gap to 16/17th won't be too big by then. 

Don't you get paid massive amounts to be at least puttin g in the same effort and attitude, plus we wouldn't have paid certain players 100k if we felt they wouldn't be able to perform at a high standard again.

Just now, Dawko said:

The players remind me a lot of me when I'm at work.

I always hope that it will not be too busy.

I always aim to do as little as possible.

I am only there because of the money.

I don't give a shit about the Company I work for.

But you don't get an average 60 grand a week.

4 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

Good luck to whoever takes over. Defence is a mess, our players can't be arsed to tackle or pass and they are have egos. I wouldnt be surprised if players like Vardy think they're bigger than the manager. 

Just now, Goober said:

Awful post. Why do the players get none of the credit last year and all of the blame this year? Claudio has lost the plot this season as much as they've let themselves down.

Which players got no credit?

Just now, lgfualol said:

Good luck to whoever takes over. Defence is a mess, our players can't be arsed to tackle or pass and they are have egos. I wouldnt be surprised if players like Vardy think they're bigger than the manager. 

Yeah you can imagine some super egos with the international lot that won the league. Would need a real task master after nice guy CR

10 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri: "It was not good performance. It is my fault. I wanted to change the shape of my teams in the last two matches.

"Against Chelsea, we played three at the back, today a diamond in midfield. Maybe my players didn't understand my idea very well.

"It is important to react. I take responsibility. We have to go back with more desire to get the first away win. I know we try to do our best. At the moment, everything is wrong. I am very frustrated."

There's a clear indication that whilst he admits tactically cocking up in the last two games - and he has -  he thinks there is no effort out there. I admire his honesty that everything is wrong. Sadly unless something is changed however such honesty is wasted. There is a lack of leadership on the field at the moment, no one with the gumption and balls among the senior players to act and play with the necessary commitment or example. The younger players and newcomers can't be expected to be our saviours. 

Just now, Goober said:

Saying Claudio basically gave the players the title last year and it's all the players fault this year is wrong.

No-one says Claudio gave them the title. Are you even watching the correct sport?

6 minutes ago, Goober said:

They got loads of credit last season. LOADS.

How can you explain them downing tools this season? same formation, different formation, they arent giving one single ounce of anything to this club this season.

Oh yeah, but theyll accept their cushy little payrises, their BMW's, theyll accept their expenses paid trips to Las Vegas and being paraded around the city like kings, but when the going gets tough where do they go? Into their little holes and scurry away leaving the best manager theyve ever had, and ever will have in their career to carry the can for them.

Theyre disgraceful

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Don't you get paid massive amounts to be at least puttin g in the same effort and attitude, plus we wouldn't have paid certain players 100k if we felt they wouldn't be able to perform at a high standard again.

You missed my point - they can't go into games with the same attitude. They can't find that extra 1% of effort which makes the difference at this level. They prob don't even realise it. Claudio has never experienced this cos what happened last season has hardly ever happened before in professional football. 

The club had had to pay the higher wages or the players would have left  (or consciously downed tools) 

today was the bottom point of a shocking domestic campaign thus far 

7 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

Do you really think, that we would play better football, if 

CR was jumping around like Conte and Klopp?

Archived