Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blizzard

Southampton (A) Post Match thread 3 - 0

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Good luck to whoever takes over. Defence is a mess, our players can't be arsed to tackle or pass and they are have egos. I wouldnt be surprised if players like Vardy think they're bigger than the manager. 

Totally agree but Claudio is never going to rip into him and this is why he has a ego. I'm not saying i want Sean dyche but he would not let vardy have a ego or any of the rest of them. It looked today like our captain didn't even give a shit, I know he has been poor all season but today he looked like he didn't care and same has drinks, almost looked like they was trying to be worst than recent weeks

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Available managers with experience at the top level.

Mancini

Biesla

Pardew

De boer

Would 1000% take Biesla, not sure any of them are real relegation battle managers though. 

If we consider him for a second we should just concede defeat now

Just now, st albans fox said:

You missed my point - they can't go into games with the same attitude. They can't find that extra 1% of effort which makes the difference at this level. They prob don't even realise it. Claudio has never experienced this cos what happened last season has hardly ever happened before in professional football. 

The club had had to pay the higher wages or the players would have left  (or consciously downed tools) 

today was the bottom point of a shocking domestic campaign thus far 

It's not 1%, it's more like 60%. At least.

During the game today I was thinking last year teams were scared of us, I remember defenders booting the ball out for a throw in when they saw us closing them down but now nobody fears us at all. We need to give teams something to think about. Today starting without any wingers I thought was very negative considering the majority of the play last season came from the wings. We just seem to run out of ideas every time we concede first. 

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Mancini

Biesla

Pardew

De boer

Would 1000% take Biesla, not sure any of them are real relegation battle managers though. 

Hiring Bielsa midway through the season would be absolutely mental. We don't look like a particularly fit team and you need to be insanely fit to play in a Bielsa team.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You missed my point - they can't go into games with the same attitude. They can't find that extra 1% of effort which makes the difference at this level. They prob don't even realise it. Claudio has never experienced this cos what happened last season has hardly ever happened before in professional football. 

The club had had to pay the higher wages or the players would have left  (or consciously downed tools) 

today was the bottom point of a shocking domestic campaign thus far 

if they are going to play like average players then they shouldn't be paid top wages, their attitude stinks. We paid them the money because we thought they would produce and do better than anyone we could possibly sign. Instead they look poorer than players in this division that are on half of their wage

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Mancini

Biesla

Pardew

De boer

Pardew...My god it hasn't got this bad yet surely!

We look like a lost team.

Last season we knew how to win.  This season we don't.

Last season we were full of confidence, this season it's gone.

Last season the lads put in a shift almost every week, this season it's been sporadic at best.

The problems are fundamental.  We have to start with the lack of effort and build from there.  Wholesale changes won't do it IMO.

12 minutes ago, dayday said:

How do you expect the players to perform when you are forever changing the system, we look like a team that ain't got a clue what it is supposed to be doing.

Carry on tinkering and we are going down.

That is really great!!!

The likes of you were blaming CR  for

sticking with 442 and now you are blaming him

for trying new formations.

3 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Do you really think, that we would play better football, if 

CR was jumping around like Conte and Klopp?

????? Who knows but they would put a shift in for sure, they wouldn't walk round the pitch  showing no effort or desire. Nothing worse than losing 3 nil and ur manager standing there with arm crossed not even consulting his back room team

Swansea yesterday played 4-5-1 away from home and won. Looked like they cared, looked like they knew what they were doing and at least tried to make themselves hard to beat.

We don't even try to make it hard for the opposition.  We've signed players who either aren't good enough or aren't ready. Currently our central defenders simply are woeful and the midfield can't create anything. We don't close down the opponents and we don't play on the front foot. 

Ranieri has lost it big time. he's clueless and inept, tactically hopeless and looks very much like fulfilling all those predictions at the start of last season, just a season later.

I am starting to think I've woken up from a long sleep and that last season was just in fact a dream. quite how we can turn from the champions into this complete disaster area of a club from top to bottom in less than a year is beyond me. Burnley away and Swansea away will be losses for certain.

It isn't the defeats it is the manner of them. We aren't even close to winning some matches. The club stinks at the moment, not only with the first team but also with the youth set up which appears as inept and pathetic as the first team.

Frankly the owners now face a massive test. Stick with the man who won the title and face almost certain relegation or replace him with another manager who the longer they wait may not have time enough to turn round this fast sinking ship.

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Hiring Bielsa midway through the season would be absolutely mental. We don't look like a particularly fit team and you need to be insanely fit to play in a Bielsa team.

also doesnt help that our players struggle to pass more than twice consecutively 

Just listened to an interview with our captain after the game, along the lines of "we started well and were competing and created a few half chances but the first goal was going to be important"

Jesus, id love a captain that actually came out fighting and was open about how unacceptable this is.

14 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

didnt have anything to lose did he

no tinkering.... lose away from home

tinkering lose away from home

All I see is a team that looks beat before it's started, confidence has been shot to pieces, you only have to look at the frustration on the players faces during the game.

If you are asked to do something different everyweek then slowly but surely you are going to lose faith.

3 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

????? Who knows but they would put a shift in for sure, they wouldn't walk round the pitch  showing no effort or desire. Nothing worse than losing 3 nil and ur manager standing there with arm crossed not even consulting his back room team

Why would they put a shift in just because of the likes of Conté and Klopp? What if they thought their new manager was an absolute Conté?

Just now, dayday said:

All I see is a team that looks beat before it's started, confidence has been shot to pieces, you only have to look at the frustration on the players faces during the game.

If you are asked to do something different everyweek then slowly but surely you are going to lose faith.

They looked like that before changing formation though

Just now, dayday said:

It's not about formation imo. It's about workrate and desire.

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Just listened to an interview with our captain after the game, along the lines of "we started well and were competing and created a few half chances but the first goal was going to be important"

Jesus, id love a captain that actually came out fighting and was open about how unacceptable this are.

So would I.

It just doesn't happen anymore.

Literally, the post match interviews might as well just say 'blah, blah, blah, blah,......'. They'd have the same meaning.

I think last season we found a system that worked and we stuck with it.

Our players knew their role instictively and everyone knew where to be and where the next pass was aimed at almost telepathically. (We still weren't the best passers - but we didn't need to be because we knew what a player would try to do and more often than not even if it didn't find its target our players could be so close we'd close down the opposition immediately anyway).

This season I think we look so lost because the "tinkerman" is back.

Yes we stuck with last seasons system at the start with very mixed results - but we had lost a key player - so the system may have needed changing.

Thing is we need to find some system and some players to play this system and even if we lose a few matches - as long as we show some promise of a performance we need to give players time to gel and become used to one style of play again.

We don't have to complicate things by trying to out think the opposition like we did against Chelsea. We need to look at our performances this season and think - what worked? (Some rare occasions i remember screaming for the right reasons this season so we must have got things right on occasion). And then we need to stick with it.

Yes we need to invest in our defence ... and possibly other areas too ... but I think a bit of consistency and our players will look better anyway (even our CBs).

I will add though that we need to plan a system that works to the strengths of the players we have. That's what we did last season.

if we plan to play 3 in the middle then they have to play in the middle and be supported out wide by other players. We don't put one of our best players out of position on the right wing when he should be playing in the middle ...

13 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I would not say we are unfit, just lazy. 

Morgan has played something like 80 games in a row hasnt he?

we made less changes than anyone last season, we have a very fit squad. Although they don't look it, could be changed very quickly.

12 minutes ago, gcxttle said:

Pardew...My god it hasn't got this bad yet surely!

Don't worry i'm not calling for him, he just has recent prem experience. Would have taken him after Newcastle but not after palace.

Reluctantly, I want Claudio out. The players need to be shocked into action and a reaction from the owners would do this. They can then reflect on how poor they have been and what the could have done differently. 

Its not losing thats that's the issue for me. It's the manner of each and every loss. It's just a Pauling to watch and provides Zero entertainment. 

Archived