Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Swansea City ( a ) next Sunday

Just now, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Because Chilwell has played 120 minutes on wednesday?

Just an idea.

It is an idea. But based on form he should. He's also significantly younger than Fuchs. 

11 minutes ago, tomtom said:

If Bennys not in the squad then.

Kasper 

Armatey 

Wes 

Huth 

Chilwell 

Gray 

King 

Ndidi 

Albrighton 

Mahrez 

Slimani 

Get Mahrez running at them through the middle and Gray and Albrighton whipping in the crosses to Slim

King deserves a start over Danny too

You would actually start 5 players , who went the full 120 minutes on wednesday,

against a well rested Swansea team?

Looks rather risky to me.

3 minutes ago, Emilio Lestavez said:

It is an idea. But based on form he should. He's also significantly younger than Fuchs. 

Based on form he should play.

Yes, he is much younger than Fuchs.

But on the other hand, Fuchs is rested

and much more experienced.

Can the young players handle the pressure?

I am not so sure.

It's a tough decision for CR to make.

8 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

It's bloody freezing down here

Time to turn it on boys and guess who's got lumbered with the Grandson from 3:30.

And all he want to talk about is dinosaurs.

They hunt in packs you know............. bit like a pundit

Obsessed with our back four at an early age, sounds like a true Fox in the making

Guest bennytwohats
11 minutes ago, Royston. said:

schmeichel

simpson morgan huth chilwell

mahrez drinkwater ndidi albrighton

gray

vardy

Good team that.

Mine would be similar. Like to see Gray out wide instead of Albrighton, with Mendy moving into a midfield three so we can nullify Gylfi. Would also be tempted to put King in for DD.

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

What I think he'll pick:

Schmeichel

Fuchs

Morgan

Huth

Simpson

Albrighton

Drinkwater

Ndidi

Gray

Mahrez

Vardy

What I want him to pick 

Schmeichel

Chilwell

Morgan

Wague

Simpson

Mendy

Ndidi

Kaputska

Gray 

Mahrez

Slimani

4-3-2-1

Ahhh the utter disappointment in being right......

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Hernandez wasn't one of La Liga's best centre halves last year, he just had a high statistical number of interceptions. They're not the same thing.

Mendy had some of the best passing stats in Ligue 1, that doesn't mean he was one of the best midfielders in Ligue 1.

Fair point. But we've identified players with certain stats before and they've played in the positions we bought them for. Hernandez must have surely been brought in to challenge Morgan and Huth at centre back but never got the opportunity.

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Hernandez must have surely been brought in to challenge Morgan and Huth at centre back but never got the opportunity.

I am not so sure. At 1,82 m he is rather small for a CB.

I think, he was intented as a back up for Simpson.

Therefore he played only one time (at Hull) at  CB,

but 7 times  at RB.

10 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Fair point. But we've identified players with certain stats before and they've played in the positions we bought them for. Hernandez must have surely been brought in to challenge Morgan and Huth at centre back but never got the opportunity.

Because he's been judged by a coaching team that sees him daily to not be good enough. Likewise Benny.

What do we have to suggest the alternative? A few interceptions against a Championship team who played their reserves.

I get the frustration at Morgan and Huth's peformnaces but the obsession that Hernandez and Benny were or are suitable replacements and that our established, professional coaching team somehow aren't seeing that is moronic in the absolute extreme.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Because he's been judged by a coaching team that sees him daily to not be good enough. Likewise Benny.

What do we have to suggest the alternative? A few interceptions against a Championship team who played their reserves.

I get the frustration at Morgan and Huth's peformnaces but the obsession that Hernandez and Benny were or are suitable replacements and that our established, professional coaching team somehow aren't seeing that is moronic in the absolute extreme.

Well , lets hope they can produce a display that they have failed to do virtually all season. I'm not saying any of the other options are better just annoyed transfer market dealings have been so dire.

2 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

Well , lets hope they can produce a display that they have failed to do virtually all season. I'm not saying any of the other options are better just annoyed transfer market dealings have been so dire.

I agree with you that we should have more aggressively pursued a new centre half.

Unless carrying an injury I can't see that the Derby game should impact on anyone. We won, for a start, which aids recovery wonderfully.

It was a home game so there was three clear days recovery and that's quite enough for any professional sportsman - almost ideal in fact because it would be that or training and I'm quite sure they'd far sooner play a match than whatever they do at Belvoir Drive.

Slimani's "groin injury" might raise a question but nothing else about the Derby game would knowingly deter me  from picking the best team as I saw it.

And of the choices we've got - and what we need to deliver - I'd include King for sure and build the team and tactics round him.

I can't stress enough. We need to keep possession more and to keep moving the ball along the ground when we have it. That's the way to highlight the strengths of our own attackers and help to neutralise the strengths of bigger defenders.

Ndidi's a must too. He and King both offer an additional goal threat of sorts and it's something that's been woefully lacking from midfield.

And if we play three in midfield I'd perhaps go for Mendy now because Drinky always wants to dominate and when he does the ball is lost too cheaply for me though I'm truly sad to say it and he (generally) poses no threat on goal for all that I never really understand why..

Defensively it depends who's available but I'd trust to Chilwell now in a back four because he can and does support midfield consistently and his instinct is to pass the ball on the floor.

Given that we're so short of centre-forwards I'd go five in midfield with Gray and Mahrez on the flanks of Ndidi, King and Mendy.

Up front our only choice would be whoever's fittest including Musa if we're trying to inject a bit of pace and Vardy's not an option, Unless we used Albrighton on the right wing and pushed Mahrez into the middle.

We still have busy enough alternatives off the bench but I wouldn't hope to have to make many changes. I've never seen 90 minutes as too much to ask of people and don't give a toss about involving people for the sake of it.      . 

Archived