Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Swansea City ( a ) next Sunday

36 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Surely if Amartey at centre back was some sort of plan he'd have played there on Wednesday rather than 120 minutes at full back. 

Itll be same back four and hoof city im afraid. Hope Slimani is fit to start and Gray plays 

This is the baffling thing though. Amartey played CB for Copenhagen. Hernandez was one of La Liga's best centre backs last year. But both haven't been given a chance to replace our established, but underperforming, centre back partnership. Is it misplaced loyalty in last year's heroes? Is it a reluctance to drop the club captain? Or is it that Amartey and Hernandez didn't show enough in training to warrant a place in the side?

Now Hernandez has gone, Benny is back in the fold but he isn't match fit enough to start a PL game just yet in my opinion.

I can't see any alternative to starting Wes and Huth today. Maybe Benny will continue to prove his worth as the weeks go by.

People saying Morgans bin worse than huth or huth bin worse than Morgan or wrong they have bin both has worse has each other they both look like they have put a extra couple of stone on the both look even slower than they have ever bin and they both look like they dont dare have the ball on form they both should be dropped i honestly think we would have a better chance of winning if they both was 

12 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Good thing we're dropping Benny this weekend. 

SMH.

I've been firmly in his corner and felt renewed optimism after derby. 

But if he plays the usual suspects today and we get served the same course of tepid turd, I worry that I will lose my shit and turn on him. I wonder how many others who were loudly showing him our support against derby could feel the same.

The people saying it was only derbys reserves could well be right but after what we've seen this season i think i would have to see that with my own eyes before accepting that the standard 11 are the best we've got.

Here's hoping for a man city type performance, but fearing the worst

1 minute ago, matty98 said:

If it's true and Benny isn't in the squad, it's appalling. Why give him a chance in the cup only for him to play well then get completely dropped? It's ridiculously poor management.

Tbf he played 120 minutes in his first competitive game in over a year. Match fitness will be an issue.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Tbf he played 120 minutes in his first competitive game in over a year. Match fitness will be an issue.

If he wasn't a CB I'd probably agree with you. But it's not the most demanding position from a fitness perspective and he's had 3 days to recover, should be plenty.

10 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

And let's not forget that it took the defence until well into the second half to look like they had any coherence at all as a unit, and a team for that matter. In this very important game against Swansea I think it would be an enormous risk to attempt to build a new defensive unit and the game may quickly be beyond us if it didn't work immediately. As to whether that's any riskier than playing the defensive 4 as is is of course a debatable point.

My guess is that if Simpson is not playing, then the idea of changing 2 in the four is clearly too much risk to take.

14 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

He has when he wanted played for our second tier and as not friendly's I assume they are competitive games.

Many of Derby's team where second choice also so it could be argued as competitive as when he appeared against them for U23s

Used to be the case to prove yourself and prove/ maintain your fitness in the stiffs.

20 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I agree and disagree. It's a fair assumption that 120 minutes the other night made it unlikely he would start but given Wes and Huth's performances all season, he really should have been on the bench at least. I also agree with the posters who reckon that it will only serve to demotivate the player. Time will tell if the squad for Derby was a masterstroke but it all smacks of incoherent thinking.

If, as most suspect, we revert to a similar team to the Man U match. it's going to take quite a turnaround for those players to play confidently as they've shown very little for weeks.

I don't think I'm being negative here, just realistic.

3 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I actually think it will be :fc: a decent team today and we will turn out a good performance 

Good thinking Bob  .....    :thumbup:

Now pick the team ....    and if you get it right I'll give you £20 at the next FT Christmas party ....   :)

(Get it wrong and you owe me £20 ....    fairs fair mate).

6 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I agree and disagree. It's a fair assumption that 120 minutes the other night made it unlikely he would start but given Wes and Huth's performances all season, he really should have been on the bench at least. I also agree with the posters who reckon that it will only serve to demotivate the player. Time will tell if the squad for Derby was a masterstroke but it all smacks of incoherent thinking.

If, as most suspect, we revert to a similar team to the Man U match. it's going to take quite a turnaround for those players to play confidently as they've shown very little for weeks.

I don't think I'm being negative here, just realistic.

He should definitely be on the bench, but starting again will be a test of anyone's fitness - realistically expect him to play 90 vs mill, perhaps a spell vs Liverpool and into the team by March. Would rather he featured sooner and took Wes out the side (Not playing one midweek game doesn't count as a recovery period for playing non stop for 2 and a half years), but it's not as if there's no logic in not starting him today.

Just now, Max Wall said:

I reckon CR will pick

Kasper, Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Albrighton, Ndidi, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Slimani, Vardy (if fit) or Musa

Wouldn't be my choice but Claudio knows more about football than I do.

I'd argue against your last point given what the clowns produced this season so far. 

Just now, Callabinho said:

I'd argue against your last point given what the clowns produced this season so far. 

Normally I'd agree. However, just after Man U released their team against someone a couple of months back, I stated on here that it looked very average on paper and Ibra was short of form. He scored (two I think) and they were 3-0 up in 35 minutes. I decided then that the football management lark isn't quite as easy as I'd thought.

20 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I'm all for him getting chances. But i'd rather not risk it when the game we're talking about is comfortably our most important of the season.

Wes and Huth would have looked just as fine against that Derby side. Lets get that straight.

Did you see the first leg? No they wouldn't, because they can't pass a football. The crowd was getting restless and Morgan's late header saved the players from a lot of hostility, because Morgan and Huth were putting us into trouble and breaking up our rhythm and any chance of building something by being unable to do anything other than aimlessly hoof it long. 

19 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Love to see if anyone can guess the team and the bench ..,...   going to be very interesting to see what the Don does.

Schmeichel

Fuchs

Morgan

Huth

Simpson

Albrighton

Drinkwater

Ndidi

Mahrez

Vardy

Okazaki 

Subs: King, Gray, Zieler, Wasilewski, Musa, Mendy, Amartey 

Wonder how many out of eighteen I'll get :P

4 minutes ago, maddog said:

Schmeichel

Fuchs

Morgan

Huth

Simpson

Albrighton

Drinkwater

Ndidi

Mahrez

Vardy

Okazaki 

Subs: King, Gray, Zieler, Wasilewski, Musa, Mendy, Amartey 

Wonder how many out of eighteen I'll get :P

Reports suggest Slim is 100% fit. Can't imagine him missing out on the squad if he is. Is there something you know that I don't? Is the Slim statement smoke and mirrors? If not, I agree with your starting eleven from CR for the most part.

What I think he'll pick:

Schmeichel

Fuchs

Morgan

Huth

Simpson

Albrighton

Drinkwater

Ndidi

Gray

Mahrez

Vardy