Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Swansea City ( a ) next Sunday

I'm not a fan of Simpson never have been and while Amartey clearly isn't a RB I think I'd still start him over the woman beating cvnt

If Chilwell doesn't start that will be a piss take, I'm abit worried if Benny is ready as the PL is different gravy to a reserve Derby side but guess we will never know, so he starts for me

Albrighton gets in for his crossing ability which as seen against West Ham could help Slim. Drinky is in because I'm honestly not sure about Mendy

So it's basically a 4-2-3-1 with Grey playing in the hole. Mahrez and him could interchange at times if need be

Kasper

Amartey

Benny

Morgan

Chilwell

Ndidi

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Albrighton

Gray

Slimani

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Chilwell is a little concern for me. Although great performances, I prefer him on the wing than in defence currently, but he is young and will hopefully improve.

Ashley Cole couldn't defend for a long time. 

Like Stones and other young defenders Chilwell needs time in the starting 11 to learn how to defend better. He will improve but needs the experience of playing more in the premier league.

For me after tonight (i don't think ranieri will go with this):

Schmeichel

Simpson

Benny

Morgan

Chilwell

Ndidi

King

Albrighton (rw)

Gray (lw)

Mahrez (cam)

Slimani

Bench:

Zieler

Amartey

Fuchs

Drinkwater

Kaputska

Musa

Vardy

1 minute ago, toddybad said:

For me after tonight (i don't think ranieri will go with this):

Schmeichel

Simpson

Benny

Morgan

Chilwell

Ndidi

King

Albrighton (rw)

Gray (lw)

Mahrez (cam)

Slimani

Bench:

Zieler

Amartey

Fuchs

Drinkwater

Kaputska

Musa

Vardy

I was thinking similar (though as previously said I think CR will go back to our usual CBs (hope I'm wrong). For me though I'd put Mahrez on the right wing (just think he seems to have better games there) and Gray in the hole - but give both the liecence to switch around to keep Swansea defence on their toes.

I'd love to see more of Amartey on the pitch too - think he needs game time to develop. Whether that's in CB or alongside Ndidi in midfield though is a tough one. If King can have similar impact in premier league as he did today (I say if as I'm aware midfield tonight with the Derby B team isn't the same thing as premier league midfield) I'd give him more game time too.

Hopefully if DD is dropped for this game he will come back refreshed and raring to go for the CL game with a point to prove. Wonder if CR is brave enough to try to get a response from some of the supposed first 11 by leaving them out of a league game and remind them they need to earn their place in the starting 11?

The more i think about Amartey's performance at RB, the more I'm thinking I would have him over Simpson. 

It clearly isn't his best position but that doesn't mean he isn't a better option there than Simpson. 

We know he is a decent defender, strong and great in the air, but he even offered more in attack than Simpson too, with some neat passing.

He is also much more of a threat in the box than Simpson and his energy is second to none. 

I am 100% sure we will see a return to the normal back 4 on Sunday, but if we lose, then I hope Claudio sees sense and mixes the back 4 up, and Amartey is one I would consider at RB for sure.

excet kasper start with the same side. Our back four never seemed in trouble playing some great balls out too. For once we looked happy at the back. Midfield seemed happy with no rush or panic. Time to knock it round n happy to play it back.Musa did what Vardy did last season chasing down giving no rest.

our wingers had time and room to play kapustka had room but mahrrz turned it. But given the free roll they could not double up on him. That then gave gray room to play.

Slim one stride from being a legend in somes mind.

Kasper

Simpson      Was     Benny        Fuchs

Amartey

Mahrez     Ndidi      Gray       

Shinji   

Slim  

Defo want to see some changes. No matter what level it was,yesterday's guys showed ALOT more than out big boys have overall. Forget the names as they have failed bug time this season. They have crumbled in all away games,we have to show that this is a squad who deserve  chance and not just living on last seasons laurels. I'd be mega peeved off if it's the same side as usual.

Cladio has to show this boss on Sunday,as we showed him we STILL support him.

Guest bennytwohats

Said in another thread but some thing to keep in mind...

Most of the players who did well last night played 120 minutes after not playing much football in some time. Starting on Sunday as well is a big ask.

Thats not to say that some shouldn't, but there is probably a balance with some well rested players to be struck.

That aside I think the 11 that finished with Kasper coming in would be pretty good to see. I expect a few more rested players come in and given the above that might not be a bad call.

4 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Most of the players who did well last night played 120 minutes after not playing much football in some time. Starting on Sunday as well is a big ask.

Thats not to say that some shouldn't, but there is probably a balance with some well rested players to be struck.

But these guys now have the bit between the teeth, something the team hasn't experienced for a shed load of time... let them run amok 

I can't predict what CR will do on Sunday. I want to have faith that he'll embrace the top performers from last night, be bold and change it up but I'm not sure he will. Claudio has always been a pragmatist and last night saw players like Benny, Gray, Amartey, Chilwell come through 120 mins and that could be an excuse not to start with them Sunday. 

Personally I hope he changes it - my preferred 11 wouldn't be far off the team that finished last night.  

If we are to succeed against Swansea we have to disrupt Sigurdsson's game, he makes them tick.  So I'd put Drinkwater and Ndidi into central midfield for that purpose.  Andy King did well against Derby but that was a Championship midfield and being disruptive isn't his game anyway.

For too many weeks we haven't looked dangerous, except to ourselves.  Against Derby we did look dangerous, the passing and movement was much better and Gray is a great individual talent so I want him to start.  If we are to get out of this mess it will be because we have talented players who do the business on the pitch, so far we've underachieved but the potential is there and we won't succeed by leaving them out.

Was and Benny coped well against Derby for most of the match and showed composure on the ball that isn't there when your confidence is shot.  It remains to be seen if they could perform as well together against the greater threat of PL teams so I suspect Ranieri will revert to Morgan and Huth.  I'd like to see Benny given his opportunity though, he's earned it.

I think there's got to be some sense of perspective. It seems to get lost on here on SO many occasions.

Last night, we actually drew in 90 minutes with a very very average Derby side.

The better chances, in the first half at least, went to Derby, when Anja beat Amartey and Wasa a few times, only to deliver crosses into our box which weren't exploited. A big bloke up top, like a Bent, would have put them 2 naught up at half time. We created hardly anything in that first half.

Wasa and Benny started very shakily. I recall Benny giving away a pass, about half way through the first half, which would have been punished by any half-decent Premiership side. Swansea, at home, would have pounced on that mistake and scored. They then both grew into the game and looked more composed.

Kaputska looked tidy,  but I agree with Babylon...he resembles Kramaric, in terms of being too physically lightweight. Yet some on here last night, said Kaputska was 'awesome'. He wasn't. He really wasn't.

No doubt for me, the stand out performers last night were Gray and King. King ran the show in the second half, scored one, could have scored more. In fact, he and Gray looked like the only players capable of scoring. Musa looks overpriced at 16/17 mill and Slim looks a waste of money. I cannot believe that people were saying they'd turn down 40 mill from China if the bid came.

Ndidi came in and looked class. But that's no surprise. He is.

We go to Swansea on Sunday for the proverbial 6 pointer. We won't be having to stop the likes of Jonny Russell on Sunday, instead it'll be Sigurdsson and Leroy Fer. Yet people are demanding wholesale changes for the Swansea game, like we are going to be playing Derby all over again. And a second rate Derby, at that.

Ranieri will make minimal changes on Sunday. I'm convinced. I think we'll see Ndidi start and Gray MIGHT be in after last night's performance. But that will be it, I think. 

Just because certain players looked good last night, put it into context. We played a second string Derby side, from the Championship, where, I don't care what anyone says, the quality of the teams is a long way off the Premiership. That doesn't mean that Benny, for example, should and will come in on Sunday to face a completely different proposition. Personally, if we are going to make changes, I'd just make one or two. I would replace Wes for Benny and I'd get Gray in from the start. But I doubt Ranieri will.

Swansea cannot double up on Mahrez because there is an even bigger threat on the left in Demmy Gray!!!! im slightly nervous but positive about Sunday.

What i think he will play -

----------------Kasper

Simpson - Morgan - Benny - Fuchs

Mahrez - Drinkwater - Ndidi - Gray

------------Slimani - Vardy--------------

Would prefer Chilwell better as he links up with Gray well but i can see the argument fo Fuchs because Slimani can get his head on the crosses. Don't think he will Keep Morgan out again nor Simpson.  I would still potentially change Drinkwater cause hes been shocking. But i will lose my head if Huth and Morgan start together and throw in the relegation towel lol.  

Kasper

Amarty                Benny          Huth                Chilwell

Drinks          Ndidi

Mahrez                                                       Gray

Shinji

Slim

Vardy
Morgan
Musa
Albrighton
Fuchs
King

Depends on fitness of a few after last night but I'd go

Kasper

Amartey

Morgan

Benny

Chilwell

Albrighton

King

Ndidi

Gray

Mahrez

Slimani.

Subs: Zieler, Fuchs, Simpson, Drinkwater, Kapustka, Musa, Vardy

11 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Replace Fuchs with Chilwell, Amartey for Simpson and Musa ousting Vardy (beginning to think he's more dangerous than Vardy now).

We should win this with ease with their poor defence.

Must put pressure on from the first whistle.

That's also what they'll be saying in the Swansea forums...

9 hours ago, CKB said:

I'm not a fan of Simpson never have been and while Amartey clearly isn't a RB I think I'd still start him over the woman beating cvnt

If Chilwell doesn't start that will be a piss take, I'm abit worried if Benny is ready as the PL is different gravy to a reserve Derby side but guess we will never know, so he starts for me

Albrighton gets in for his crossing ability which as seen against West Ham could help Slim. Drinky is in because I'm honestly not sure about Mendy

So it's basically a 4-2-3-1 with Grey playing in the hole. Mahrez and him could interchange at times if need be

Kasper

Amartey

Benny

Morgan

Chilwell

Ndidi

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Albrighton

Gray

Slimani

Come on now. I'm not having that.

I thought he was a woman strangling cvnt?

Archived