Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Swansea City ( a ) next Sunday

Schmeichel - far more comfortable with him than Zieler.

Amartey

Huth

Benalouane

Chilwell

Ndidi

Drinkwater

grey

mahrez

albrighton

Slimani

if Wasyl was a few years younger I'd keep him in, so much to be said of having centre backs who can defend and pick a pass. Kapi was impressive but perhaps too light for a game of this magnitude

3 minutes ago, Spicer said:

I wouldn't forget about Amartey. Sure he isn't a full back but at CB he is much better

Definitely one for the future if he is happy playing CB/RB

Not sure i'd throw him in just yet as too many changes in defence agaisnt a better team, on form could be difficult.

If Wasyl and Benalouane are fit for the weekend play them why drop them? Kapustka looks like he probably needs a little too much time on the ball to go straight into the side. I think two in front of the back four is the right way for us to play and I actually think that system suits King, who I'd put with Ndidi. Chilwell and Gray need to start every game. 

Amartey didn't constantly punt it forward into no mans land so he's in for me at right back, we need to sort the defenders distribution out now as we've shown albeit against poor opposition that we are capable.

Benalouane won't play but was very impressed with his passing, outstanding at times.

I hope our line up is something like this against Swansea:

Kasper

Simpson Amartey Benaloune Chilwell

Albrighton King     Ndidi             Gray 

Mahrez

Slim

Make changes. 

Schmeichel

Amartey Benny Huth Chilwell

Albrighton Ndidi King Gray

Mahrez

Slim

Subs: Zieler, Morgan, Mendy, Drinkwater, Vardy, Kapustka, Ulloa

Honestly will feel so disappointed if Vardy, Morgan, Fuchs, Drinkwater or Okazaki walk back into the side after doing **** all for months. This will probably make them go to the chairman but **** em. 

16 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Amartey

Huth

Benalouane

Chilwell

Ndidi

Drinkwater

grey

mahrez

albrighton

Slimani

if Wasyl was a few years younger I'd keep him in, so much to be said of having centre backs who can defend and pick a pass. Kapi was impressive but perhaps too light for a game of this magnitude

Pretty much. Some big calls for CR to make. I'd be tempted to keep King in for DD though. 

Why on earth do people keep picking Drinkwater? The guy is bringing the team down.....I would take king over him. Same level of footballer (on current form) but offers a goal scoring threat.

Drinkwater didn't play and 3 midfielders score. Moved the ball so much better when mahrez was on. 

Mendy wasn't good today. King with ndidi on Saturday will do. And please no shinji....having someone who doesn't go arse over tit every two minutes helped us.

10 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Amartey

Huth

Benalouane

Chilwell

Ndidi

Drinkwater

grey

mahrez

albrighton

Slimani

I'd be happy enough with this, but it will surely be 4-4-2.

Though, that's not necessarily worse, but we do need both strikers, whoever they are, to be at it.

I thought the thing we lacked for most of tonight was a good striker, not only to finish, but to be a focal point for the midfielders, who generally kept the ball much better, but were perhaps a bit slow moving the ball forward. 

I'd I'd like to see our style of play return most of all, getting up the pitch quickly and with numbers when we win the ball so they get caught out. But first we need a base camp; I.e solid enough defenders, a bit more quality and calmness on the ball, and a bit more passion and belief. There were some positive signs in terms of that tonight. It's sad that being taken to extra time by championship reserves is an improvement for us, but that's where we have to accept we are in the short term. 

We must win this game and start to build some confidence.

7 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

If he starts with the usual back 4 I ll go fickin mental.

You'd better prepare to go fickin mental then mate, cos I fear that's exactly what will happen unfortunately.

23 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Amartey

Huth

Benalouane

Chilwell

Ndidi

Drinkwater

grey

mahrez

albrighton

Slimani

Morgan for Huth (he won't get dropped) and King in for Drinky and I'd be happy with that. Almost one of those games where you want everyone to keep their place but that would be a mistake.

3 minutes ago, sdb said:

Pretty much. Some big calls for CR to make. I'd be tempted to keep King in for DD though. 

2 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Why on earth do people keep picking Drinkwater? The guy is bringing the team down.....I would take king over him. Same level of footballer (on current form) but offers a goal scoring threat.

Drinkwater didn't play and 3 midfielders score. Moved the ball so much better when mahrez was on. 

Mendy wasn't good today. King with ndidi on Saturday will do. And please no shinji....having someone who doesn't go arse over tit every two minutes helped us.

I'm not saying Drinky deserves to start but King was pretty poor tonight. Most of his forward passes (which as usual were very rare) did not find a blue shirt. 

Ndidi must start but nobody else in that central midfield position really looks worthy of a spot.

I'd be tempted to put Riyad in a central position as he's so deep and isolated out wide these days. I always thought he was more suited to that position anyway, most of his damage is caused in and around the box, not on the wing.

Archived