Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Swansea City ( a ) next Sunday

big game. looking forward to it.

win, lose, draw, it doesnt make a great deal of difference. too many games left to play.

a benefit of dropping into the bottom 3 is it could shock the owners into sacking ranieri which is a good thing.

(we could be bottom 3 before we play im thinking???)

11 minutes ago, Royston. said:

big game. looking forward to it.

win, lose, draw, it doesnt make a great deal of difference. too many games left to play.

a benefit of dropping into the bottom 3 is it could shock the owners into sacking ranieri which is a good thing.

(we could be bottom 3 before we play im thinking???)

All too easily - any two of Palace Hull and Sunderland win and there we are. All three win and we're playing Swansea for bottom place!

Schmeicel

Simpson

Amartey

Morgan

Chilwell

Albrighton

Ndidi

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Gray

Slimani

4-4-1-1, Gray and Mahrez interchanging

It's a very desperate situation now, I'd take a scrappy 1-0 win that would at least galvanise the players

Huth should be dropped, Amartey seems relatively comfortable at CB if his performances at AFCON are to be believed, also played every minute. Plus it'd be good to have a centre half who's comfortable with the ball at his feet

Vardy needs dropping, you can't play a guy completely shot of confidence. Slim will work hard and prove a good outlet for Albrighton, who will at least work his socks off. Not sure why he didn't play yesterday actually. There was a shot of him on the bench looking absolutely dumbstruck.

I'd go as far to say that this is our champions league final. A draw simply won't do.

I'm going 1-0 here, Slimani winner. Ndidi to have a worldie and keep Gylfi quiet.

8 hours ago, lee7 said:

It's clear that other than Huth and Morgan none of the other 'official' centre halves in our squad are deemed good enough. 

Ranieri can't keep playing those two together considering how many mistakes they're making per match as individuals. 

At this rate it might not be long before we see Ndidi and Amartey at the back together. Both strong in the air and atleast they can pass the ball. To be honest I think we'd keep the ball a lot better with those two at centre half. 

It would just mean Mendy and Drinkwater are paired together in centre mid. 

I didn't see any Ghana games but apparently armartey played central defence for them . Just seems that as captain, Morgan is un-droppable in Claudio's book. Not sure if I was the only person who actually called for him to get a red card vs the saints even if it's just to rest him for a few games. He played every game even Porto away. 

a massive game now! we can't afford to lose this and if we do then it could be curtains for Claudio( and I am not talking about him furnishing his house). he needs to show something that resembles him managing the team in a way that sets them up to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal.

Schmeicel

Simpson

Wague

Morgan

Chilwell

Gray

Ndidi

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Vardy

Slimani

The only way for Vardy to get his confidence back is to score, if he does then he could kick on for the remainder of the season. 

6 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

Schmeicel

Simpson

Wague

Morgan

Chilwell

Gray

Ndidi

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Vardy

Slimani

The only way for Vardy to get his confidence back is to score, if he does then he could kick on for the remainder of the season. 

Morgan should be dropped and not Huth. Neither will happen anyway.

Slim/Vardy was already tried and never worked. It's out of question to play our strongest goal threat out of Position just to accommodate a striker out of shape, and frankly not very bothered. Vardy on the bench.

If Slimani is fit he has to play. Personally I would play him and Mahrez as a pair up front. Chilwell needs to play as Fuchs has become a liability. Simpson is really the only option we have at right back. The midfield should be Ndidi and three others but god know who frankly they are all as bad as each other.

I would drop both Musa and Vardy to the bench. Albrighton probably has to play as we need someone to try and cross the ball and he's probably the best bet we have to do this.

Crap ref for the match so maybe he will give us a dodgy penalty. Looks the only way we are likely to score.

8 hours ago, MaxR said:

Schmeicel

Simpson

Amartey

Morgan

Chilwell

Albrighton

Ndidi

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Gray

Slimani

4-4-1-1, Gray and Mahrez interchanging

It's a very desperate situation now, I'd take a scrappy 1-0 win that would at least galvanise the players

Huth should be dropped, Amartey seems relatively comfortable at CB if his performances at AFCON are to be believed, also played every minute. Plus it'd be good to have a centre half who's comfortable with the ball at his feet

Vardy needs dropping, you can't play a guy completely shot of confidence. Slim will work hard and prove a good outlet for Albrighton, who will at least work his socks off. Not sure why he didn't play yesterday actually. There was a shot of him on the bench looking absolutely dumbstruck.

I'd go as far to say that this is our champions league final. A draw simply won't do.

I'm going 1-0 here, Slimani winner. Ndidi to have a worldie and keep Gylfi quiet.

Spot on.

Would like to see mahrez played directly behind the front 2 or even in the 10 role,,,we need to get him closer to Vards/slim,,,just not sure how the rest of the team would line up?                    

Kasper

Simpson            Morgan         Wague          Chilwell 

Amartey      Ndidi
Albrighton                                                 Musa/Gray

Mahrez

Vardy/slimani

After tonights match for me it has to be:

.                    Schmeichel

simpson   Morgan     Benny       Chilwell

Mahrez    Ndidi         Drinks        Gray 

Kaputska

Slimani

Only thing I'd consider changing would be Fuchs for Chilwell as playing him and Benny could be a risk due to lack of prem experience. Just hoping the dropped stars will now have a bit of passion seeing the improvement on the first game against derby. 

We've not been classy tonight but we've had passion and drive. 

Standouts tonight in terms of approach, positioning, determination and overall play:

King

Benny

Ndidi

Gray*******

Chilwell

Kapustka

what would you like to see in the 11 against swansea?

Archived