Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Champions League 16/17

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

last week ^

Tonight, 14 goals across two ties. lollol

Throw in the PSG Barcelona game as well. What's actually the record for goals in a last 16 round? We've got to be making a great start.

Fair few goals for Sevilla tomorrow as well. :whistle:

Some observations from tonight:

- Best game I've seen in ages, some glorious attacking play.

- Today's teams can't defend for shit. There are almost no really decent defenders left. 

- Steven Gerrard sighs before ever saying anything - even if it's something really positive:

Lineker: 'What a brilliant game that was Steven'

Stevie G: #SIGHS# 'Yeah, it was an absolutely brilliant game.'

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Anyone know when the return leg is?

I'm not sure but I think it's 3 weeks or something like that? Yep, just checked 3 weeks. We'll see the return leg in 3 weeks time.

Brilliant games tonight and I hope we are equally entertaining and give Sevilla a good match. I don't want a thrashing but can see it being one. 

Monaco were absolutely brilliant tonight at times. Man City likewise. Great match.

Went to city Monaco tonight, amazing game, brilliant atmosphere. Had it all.

Bakayoko playing in the middle for Monaco was outstanding, their Mendy looked class at left back too. 

Thought Sterling had a great game tonight too, he was nackard after 50 minutes but he didn't half put a shift in defensively. 

Manchester city are going to have to be better defensively if they are going to go through! Monaco only need a two - nil win and look likely to score, so Manchester city will have to score goals to go through although I expect them to go through it is not a forgon conclusion

Great to see two teams actually go for it and throw bodies forward. So bored with football pundits and managers being obsessed with defence and keeping it tight. Who cares if you're poor and open at the back, get bodies forward and have a go. None of this "let's keep it tight for 20 and see where we are.

No doubt United will sign one of Monaco full backs and completely stifle them.

Archived