Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Millwall post match 1-0

16 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Matty James was MOTM for Barnsley today whilst we have to watch a midfield 2 of Mendy and King!

Mendy is awful isn't he?

Against Swansea, Chelsea and Southampton we hardly created anything. Against Derby we created enough to score goals and miss a few. Today seemed just the same - we created chances but no-one took them.

The game could and should have been over and done with well before the end.

I said beforehand we'd be better with a three-man midfield but, in the event, two served to be the foundation for quite enough attacks and chances to have won. Every plan needs to allow for the opposition scoring because human error can creep in at any time and more especially in a disrupted defence.    

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

I'm probably going to get pasted for this but for me this is the worst managerial performance by any manager of Leicester City in my lifetime. Worse than Holloway, worse than McClintock worse than Hamilton, worse than Levein  and even worse than Taylor.

The ineptness and frankly clueless way were are set up the awful recruitment, the terrible substituitons, the failure to motivate players, the waffle in press conferences the apparent complete inabilitiy to do anything at all combined with the record investment made by the club in new players, a top sports science team, excellent training facilities plus the total and utter fall from the heights of last season make this the most catastrophic perfomance by a Leicester City manager probably in the history of the club.

I am starting to question what on earth he did last season. Did he actually do anything because at the moment it is hard to believe it.

This is the most humiliating FA cup defeat since we lost away to non league Harlow Town and I'm not taking anything away from Millwall.

And yet he keeps his job and I keep hearng he deserves the Seville match, he deserves this that and the other. No he doesn't the only thing he deserves is the sack. He has presided over one of the most embarrasing and humiating seasons in our history and been well rewarded for it. He's hopelss and should have gone in November when we might have had time to change things round now I fear it is too late.

What makes it worse for me today is that he clearly didn't want to win the match? Why on earth not? Apart form winning becoming a habit it is a bloody insult to all those fans who follow them and pay good money to watch and support the club. His substitutions combined with his pre-match press conference show me this man just couldn't give a **** about the Fa cup or our chances of progressing as if having to play one more match will make the slightest bit of difference to a side that is in free fall and owners who appear content to let it happen.

Very fair post. I'm with you. The man couldn't manage a cake bake.

Up until the sending off we were much the better team.  Once they were down to ten men we lost all intensity, not helped by CR taking off our two most creative players. Feel so low about what has happened this season. Has any fanbase in history ever experienced such wild swings in fortune as we have in the past 2 years? Just gutted. 

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Was nice to see Vardy come on, a chance against a small club to put one in the net and build a bit of confidence. Or stand around doing nothing and looking disinterested. Either one seems fine.

r u taking the piss mate?

he had a shot 

thats his monthly quota done

I really don't understand the concept of Marc Albrighton. The only justifications I ever see for him starting is that he can 'defend' or for his delivery, he can't defend and just because he attempts to cross at every single opportunity, it doesn't mean he's particularly talented at it.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He wasn't great but I really don't understand the abuse he's getting. Yeah a few shit passes (they all did that), but he does what he always has done. He is a screen for the defence and a player who ticks the ball over and switches play.

He never will be anything more and he excelled for his previous team playing that way at the base of a three where the others were the creators. 

No point slating him when he's being put in a position he's not played or suited for. You blame the manager for that.

The whole team once again stunk the place out. There isn't a single player I'm impressed with this season, even Gray who frankly flatters to deceive most weeks.

Before we judge any of them, we need a manager who can get the best out of them. Currently he's getting the very worst from every single one of them without exception.

Highlighting individuals at this stage is utterly pointless. If he can't get an exceptional talent like Mahrez or proven performers at this level playing to an average level. He's not going to get anything from the new lads.

The place is a mess and he needs to go.

A lot of sense in that. Mendy and King weren't the problem but having so many people playing below their best at the same time certainly is.  

Did we look like a team who knew what we were doing against this opponent?

did we look like we had prepared for them?

did we seem to know their weaknesses and probe them? 

Did we we seem to know their strengths and deal well with them?

I'm only asking because Claudio was in Monaco when milwall played the other night and I wonder if it looked like we effectively scouted them or just turned up expecting to beat inferior oppositon ??

Not sure what happened to Chilwell today, very poor. Benny played pretty well and much more comfortable on the ball than either Huth or Morgan. I'd give him an opportunity now.

Until Okazaki had that great chance on around 70 mins (?) we'd had two shots on target. Against league 1 and for 25 mins with 10 men - simply not acceptable. We had about 80 shots off target though  but that says nothing as they were all pretty hopeless and wild (Mostly from Musa) 

Normally if a team goes down to 10 the opponents just have wave after wave of attacks no matter how many sit back. Just didn't happen. WE sat back, casually attacked and continued to let them play football too. Can't fathom our tactics/attitude at the moment:(

I give Ranieri Sevilla and Liverpool. If we go out of the Champs Lg a la Arsenal on Wednesday and show nothing against Liverpool he's got to resign. Don't want the club to have to sack him, would prefer a bit of dignity in his departure if he cant turn it around, he deserves that for last season, for which he will always be a legend.

42 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Confirmed.  Biggest fraud in world football.  Living off the hard work of Pearson, Walsh and the world class Kante.  

Get Wagner or Rowett in NOW.

Clown….

He was fundamentall in giving me the best year in my life as a city fan…

show a bit of respect 

What's the point bringing on Albrighton  when our miget up front could not win a ball in the air for that alone  the manger won't the sack and for  all the shit about playing well we had a chance to get to Wembley  it's a fing discrace  

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

Clown….

show a bit of respect 

Touchy....

He's also fundamental in giving me one of the worst years in my life as a City fan...

It's my opinion and criticism where criticism is due.

6 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Clown….

show a bit of respect 

Claudio might just be the biggest fraud ever, touted himself for the Leicester Job after the Greece sacking and spent a week trying to learn from Jurgen Klopp after his confidence was at all time low.

There are 2 Claudios

the one that doesn't have to change anything 

the second one where he has to do his job

one reaps the benefits

Just left the ground, looked like it was going to turn nasty when Millwall fans invaded the pitch.

Must say we looked weak as piss in midfield, no ball winners, passing was atrocious.

Benlouane was our best player by a country mile, Chilwell was good the first half, rubbish second half.

so disappointing, can't believe we have slumped so low, badly need a spark from somewhere 

bus is getting bottles and glasses thrown at the window as I speak, they are a friendly lot

I have no more positivity left it's been sucked right out of me. I don't want to see us get relegated as there are few streams for Championship football and wouldn't be able to see us play. Then again I'm not sure I'd want to see this lot play again anyway. So I'm jumping off the positivity bus and in to the negativity vortex.

Thanx for last season Claudio it was remarkable and memorable and brought tears of joy to my eyes. Now I feel like a shriveled up prune and have no tears left.

It's become clear now he has no fresh ideas and no way to progress forward and whether he stays or goes I have now accepted we will go down.

The first half I thought we looked good except for the final product. A few young players show promise. The second half was a big pile of Elephant dung and Ranieri shoveled it onto the pitch.

The owners have to do some clear thinking right now because our football club has become an embarrassment in a very short period. They are Thai's so they believe in loyalty. But blind loyalty does not win football games, in fact it achieves nothing. If we hadn't have won last year Claudio would be sitting in Rome licking his wounds right now. Something is seriously wrong, what is the point of watching us go down for the sake of being loyal,it's non sensical. 

Unfortunaley this is a business and there have  been many times in the past year that managers have been sacked prematurely but now is the time to say goodbye to Claudio. Thanks for an amazing year, never to be forgotten but someone has to be brave, Claudio or the owners.

I'll finish with that famous phrase: 

'For heavens sake man go !!'

Archived