Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Millwall post match 1-0

So we are playing against a 10 man Millwall and CR's genius tactics is to replace Wague with Wasilewski instead of Vardy which proves the fear of losing has completely taken over any rationale, fcuk knows how many Sevilla will put past us I really expect a 7 goal thumping will only be about even money.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Not for me, for a few games before it we played quite well and beat Chelsea and Liverpool. That defeat was through complacency.

This isn't. This is the continuation of an abysmal season, just with a different set of players. No doubt we'll have a player come out and say it's embarrassing, it's a tough time but we'll get through it yadda yadda- until the next week, the next shit performance and it just continues.

I've had it with this lot. They've been extremely well-rewarded and have put in a succession of the worst displays in ineptitude, negativity and depressing "football" (I use that loosely) that I can remember. This defeat will be excused by some as only being the FA Cup and concentrating on the league but fvck that, there is nothing in the league to get remotely enthusiastic about. 

And then we'll probably hear that the manager should get a job for life from the likes of Lineker. Do you really want to watch this for years? And this is following on from the greatest season in the club's existence. 

But it's all fine, we're out and can concentrate on getting the league form right. 

What I meant was we had a great opportunity to go far in the competition with teams left in it and look where the run of games following took us ☹️

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

Nothing like it. England scored.

Good point.

My point is were better playing 11 than 10. As soon as they went down to 10 and we were expected to win we turned crap!

It has to be a mindset thing. We are scared of loosing and the pressure has got to them. Perhaps when we have to save ourselves and the pressure is off we will be better. Perhaps 

3 minutes ago, Thrill Bert Fox said:

I agree and it's the total lack of tactics and motivation that concerns me. Poor team selection, poor substitutions, few motivated players, dreadful signings nothing happened in Jan to sort out the defence really. All of this I fear equals relegation. All I wanted from this season was mid table (stay up at worst) and not to be embarrassed in the champs league.

shame but he does need to move on

Couldn't agree more.  

And a statement carried on Fifa’s official website on Saturday said Ranieri’s deal had been terminated and he would leave after Tuesday’s friendly with Serbia. The HFF has still to announce the decision formally.

Another of Ranieri’s games in charge ended with an equally-surprising home loss to Northern Ireland, making it an even more disastrous spell.

Speaking after the loss to the Faroes, Ranieri – who left Monaco at the end of last season – was at a loss to explain the defeat.

I have no words to explain what happened,” he said in comments reported on uefa.com. “We all wanted to record our first victory in the group. But the Faroes deserved to win as they created more chances to score. Only hard work can get us out of this situation.

“When the qualifiers started nobody believed we would find ourselves in this situation. We were wrong in believing that was a straightforward group for us. All defeats hurt equally, but we must leave results in the past and work our way out of this situation.

“We are last in our group because that is what we deserve. The coach is always responsible for that. Back in September, most of my players were low on form following the World Cup, but this week during training I saw my players very lively and motivated. That’s why I am very surprised about the result.”

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm DE ja vu

17 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I know some will disagree with me but we have basically made the best thing this club will ever achieve into a mockery.

However much you disagree, we will always be remembered for winning the league and being relegated as opposed to just winning the league.

Anyone who thinks we stand a chance of survival is deluded.

Thankyou for last seasom Claudio but you have now made this club into the laughing stock of world football, Goodbye.

Corrected for you.

1 minute ago, Torten said:

Serves us right, complete lack of respect for our opposition. Evident in the line up and our attitude especially so after the red.
Embarassing

Exactly, Millwall deserved there win, they at 10 men, continued to believe, where our players with 11, did not believe, and faltered.  This is again proof a teams belief in a manager, belief in the team

1 hour ago, Thrill Bert Fox said:

I agree and it's the total lack of tactics and motivation that concerns me. Poor team selection, poor substitutions, few motivated players, dreadful signings nothing happened in Jan to sort out the defence really. All of this I fear equals relegation. All I wanted from this season was mid table (stay up at worst) and not to be embarrassed in the champs league.

shame but he does need to move on

It's like when he took Gray off for Vardy but left Musa on...wtf was he thinking?  I'd love to know. 

Words do not exist that can express my utter disgust at this shoddy outfit. This does feel like Wycombe...A game that I attended. Wednesday feels like a day set aside for an execution, just waiting for the bullets to be carted in.

Archived