Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Millwall post match 1-0

I thought we found our level with Derby, but now Millwall beat us, with a man less on the pitch. Confused! We are really screwed, and blaming underperforming players seems a bit scapegoatish. I'm getting the horrible feeling only a championship clear out will turn things around, although we could thrash about trying new managers I guess.

Only positive thing about the summer's transfers is that Zieler at least came free. That we wasted 10M+ on both Mendy and Musa is beyond me; especially Mendy looks like an Akinbiyi MK 2... 

Also the amazing non-movement off the ball, inability to pass and the do not press the attacker defending are all great abilities of this horror show of a football team. 

Feel sorry for those that spent their money going 

The club should re imburse ticket and travel costs if they aren't going to attempt to win the game.

happily I missed watching a stream of the game as I was out playing football with my youngest boys - listening on lcfc player and strangely it didn't occur to me when molla had to go off not to bring was on. But i wasn't concentrating on the game and perhaps Claudio wasn't either. Otherwise why stay 4-4 against 10 when you absolutely don't want a replay ?

at least this proves that the 'reserves' don't have the ability to be considered to be starting in the PL. so far they have embarrassed themselves in Porto, needed extra time against derbys second string and now failed to score against a 10 man league 1 outfit. 

Claudio won't be sacked. Said it over and over again. He may resign after Sevilla but I still ask who on earth is going to come in and sort out this crap??

1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

Only positive thing about the summer's transfers is that Zieler at least came free. That we wasted 10M+ on both Mendy and Musa is beyond me; especially Mendy looks like an Akinbiyi MK 2... 

Also the amazing non-movement off the ball, inability to pass and the do not press the attacker defending are all great abilities of this horror show of a football team. 

£2.98m

Post-match interview:  Admitted Millwall deserved to win.  But spoke like a man who knows his job is safe regardless what happens.  

Absolutely disgusting.  Thanks for your efforts last year and everything but I personally would not support any sort of statue or monument to him.  

Got his glory through the hard work of others.

24 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

How is Musa a professional footballer? People took this piss out of Palace for paying £12.5 million for Schlupp. We paid £16 million for Musa! We have no right to dish it out.

he's feckin terrible. I cant believe we tracked him through 2 transfer windows before signing and they were asking £22 million at one time- our big money signings have been nothing short of scandalous

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

Post-match interview:  Admitted Millwall deserved to win.  But spoke like a man who knows his job is safe regardless what happens.  

Absolutely disgusting.  Thanks for your efforts last year and everything but I personally would not support any sort of statue or monument to him.  

Got his glory through the hard work of others.

Was he smoking a big fat Cuban cigar sitting on a chaise lounge with his legs crossed

I'm probably going to get pasted for this but for me this is the worst managerial performance by any manager of Leicester City in my lifetime. Worse than Holloway, worse than McClintock worse than Hamilton, worse than Levein  and even worse than Taylor.

The ineptness and frankly clueless way were are set up the awful recruitment, the terrible substituitons, the failure to motivate players, the waffle in press conferences the apparent complete inabilitiy to do anything at all combined with the record investment made by the club in new players, a top sports science team, excellent training facilities plus the total and utter fall from the heights of last season make this the most catastrophic perfomance by a Leicester City manager probably in the history of the club.

I am starting to question what on earth he did last season. Did he actually do anything because at the moment it is hard to believe it.

This is the most humiliating FA cup defeat since we lost away to non league Harlow Town and I'm not taking anything away from Millwall.

And yet he keeps his job and I keep hearing he deserves the Seville match, he deserves this that and the other. No he doesn't the only thing he deserves is the sack. He has presided over one of the most embarrasing and humiliating seasons in our history and been well rewarded for it. He's hopeless and should have gone in November when we might have had time to change things round now I fear it is too late.

What makes it worse for me today is that he clearly didn't want to win the match? Why on earth not? Apart form winning becoming a habit it is a bloody insult to all those fans who follow them and pay good money to watch and support the club. His substitutions combined with his pre-match press conference show me this man just couldn't give a **** about the Fa cup or our chances of progressing as if having to play one more match will make the slightest bit of difference to a side that is in free fall and owners who appear content to let it happen.

12 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Matty James was MOTM for Barnsley today whilst we have to watch a midfield 2 of Mendy and King!

Mendy is awful isn't he?

He wasn't great but I really don't understand the abuse he's getting. Yeah a few shit passes (they all did that), but he does what he always has done. He is a screen for the defence and a player who ticks the ball over and switches play.

He never will be anything more and he excelled for his previous team playing that way at the base of a three where the others were the creators. 

No point slating him when he's being put in a position he's not played or suited for. You blame the manager for that.

The whole team once again stunk the place out. There isn't a single player I'm impressed with this season, even Gray who frankly flatters to deceive most weeks.

Before we judge any of them, we need a manager who can get the best out of them. Currently he's getting the very worst from every single one of them without exception.

Highlighting individuals at this stage is utterly pointless. If he can't get an exceptional talent like Mahrez or proven performers at this level playing to an average level. He's not going to get anything from the new lads.

The place is a mess and he needs to go.

Archived